**sikhi Camp 2008 (boss Camp)**

Mundill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i went to Sikhi Camp 2008 this year for the first time and can only say that it was a life changing experience...the amount of satkar shown to Guroo Jee at the camp is unparralled by not only other camps but even most Gurdwara's...i was amazed at the amount of satkar shown to Maharaj..the way parkash of Guroo Jee was done...bring chills down my spine just thinking about it...it was done the way the Emporer of all Emporers should be treated...all one could do was bow their head to Dhan Dhan Sri Guroo Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj :WW:

Amritvela at the camp was amazing, from Simran, Nitnem to Asa Di Vaar...WOW!!!!!! :WOOHOO: The Keertan was amazing along with the talks.

I really loved the way your whole expereience at the camp revolved around Guroo Granth Sahib Jee...the Hukamnama vichar's everyday were amazing..they really gave one a sense that Guroo is in-fact talking to me alone and is answering all my questions...Amazing. It made one think of the importance of having a relationship with Guroo Jee and that it is only Guroo Jee that will be with you forever.

i spoke to many sehajdhari Sikhs and the amount they had changed from when they first walked into the camp was amazing, they said they'd always heard about the greatness of Sikhi but it all seemed so ritualistic but now they had experienced it first hand and the camp had changed them forever.

I pray to Guroo Jee that i can live up to the standards set by Sikhi Camp

All i can do is bow my head before the Gursikhs that organised such an amazing camp and i pray to Guroo Jee that they keep on doing such a great seva.

Waheguroo

Sikhi Camp 2008 was amaaazing - the pyaar amongst the Sangat, Satkaar for Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj, Keertan and Amritvela (from 3am to 8.30am!) was truly mind blowing. :WW:

The Katha/veechaar was something I learnt a lot from, and speakers, such as Bhai Sahib Rajinder Singh Jee, were true inspirations.

The week was beautifully ended with the Bhog of Sehaj Paath, and it was very emotional when Maharaaj left. Many campers, Amritdhari and Sehajdhaari were in tears.

I miss camp. :'(

as said above...an amazing camp. Asa di // by sukhy singh really kicked it...deg was very tasty too this year....

all the speakers inspirational and to the point. the kirtan darbar was amazing..kirtan could be heard all over the site...birha birha akhiaaia, birha too sultaan...

i hope the photos will be posted up on the internet soon...

Sant Kartar Singh Ji's barsi this saturday evening and an amrit sanchaar at 11am on saturday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ello again! Remember us? Yes? … No? … Or have you just tried soo hard to forget!?!? Well it's been a while so let us refresh your memory …

Once upon a time, a long long time ago (ok well 6 weeks ago), in a strange and mysterious land far far far away (Surrey is quite far) 250 of us managed to survive living with each other for a week! Well when we say survived, we mean survived in that we all managed to get back home alive. On the mental balance of the survivors, the less said the better!

Do you remember yet? ...well here are some bits you might remember, the early morning wonderfully warm showers (lol), the unbelievable Amritvela Divans, walking with Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the discussions, langar, activities, talks…. the beautiful countryside and spiritually boosting Kirtan Darbars!

Yeh, you got it now !! And of course you remember the most important part of the week … Dhan Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!!

Amazing memories hey! Almost feels like it was a lifetime ago, a lifetime which we wish we could live forever!

But sadly, tragically and unfortunately we've had to return to our schools, colleges, uni's and jobs. But what if we offered you the chance to experience that same breathtaking feeling and atmosphere again, for one more evening … interested …?

If yes, then make your way down to:

Sikhi Camp 2008 Reunion Kirtan Darbar!!!

@

Hall 4

Guru Nanak Gurdwara

Sedgley Street

Wolverhampton

WV2 3AJ

Saturday 4th October

6:00pm-11:00pm

This is going to be a great chance for us all to sit together in that amazing Sangat again, and thank Vaheguru for everything he has given us! It'll also be a chance for us all to catch up with one other and to see what we've been up to since the camp! Maybe to even review how we've been doing with our personal development plans!!

Everyone is welcome to come to the programme and you don't need to have attended the camp, so please bring your friends and families!

Rehraas Sahib will start at 6pm on the dot, so can we please all try and make sure we're sitting inside the Darbar Sahib for 6 o'clock at the latest. For people who can't make it for 6 … hurry up and make it as early as you can!!!

As we learnt at the camp, the most important time, is the time we spend with Guru Sahib. As such, we ask that when attending the reunion, we try and spend as much time as possible in Guru Ji's Darbar!!

If anybody would like to do Kirtan, then please can you email us back ASAP so that we can put your name down on the list. As there will be a limited number of available time slots, the Seva will be given on a first come first Vaja basis!!

As usual there will be loads of stuff for you guys to take away. Including a Special Edition ReUnion DVD containing Divan audio/videos, photos, Hukamnamae etc! There will also be a chance for you to order your specially designed group photos, so make sure you bring a little cash!

Finally, if you need transport to attend the event, you will need to ring the numbers on the poster below/attached and book your place. As we can only book transport once we know how many people are coming, PLEASE can you confirm your attendance ASAP!! At present we are expecting to provide transport from Leicester, Southall and East London. We ask that you make a small contribution towards the transport so that we can cover the costs (£5), if you wish to donate more please do, many thanks!

We'll let you know the exact leaving and return times shortly.

Oh and guess what guys, the photos are ready!!! Visit www.sikhicamp.org and get ready for all the memories to come flooding back!!

Hope to see you and your friends and families very soon, until then, take care!!!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!!

Check out a pics from this years camp on www.sikhicamp.org . . . an amasing camp. Vahegurooo