Johlanwala Cult

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Baba Roshan Singh Ji. Although I do think Sant Jagjit Singh Ji would be the best person to ask. He visits Johalan frequently and is extremely knowledgable about the Dera starting from Hoti Mardan.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Baba Roshan Singh Ji. Although I do think Sant Jagjit Singh Ji would be the best person to ask. He visits Johalan frequently and is extremely knowledgable about the Dera starting from Hoti Mardan.

baba roshan singh is in charge hoti mardaan. he is a great mahapurkh and is doing great seva. from the information that i have found out is the sant ji no longer goes to johala as their are anti-sikhi practices occuring. i was sadenned to find this out, as johalaa and hoti mardaan have had a great relationship since baba harnaam singh ji up until baba harbhajan singh ji. apparantly jeet singh has gone against the wishes of baba roshan singh ji.

OHH I know which Mahapurkh you are talking about. Sant Baba Roshan Singh Ji was the Sant who tied the Dastaars on Sant Jeet Singh Ji and Sant Jaspaul Singh Ji.

And what Anti-Sikh practices exactly occur there? Last time I checked the same strict Maryada is in place :6

OHH I know which Mahapurkh you are talking about. Sant Baba Roshan Singh Ji was the Sant who tied the Dastaars on Sant Jeet Singh Ji and Sant Jaspaul Singh Ji.

And what Anti-Sikh practices exactly occur there? Last time I checked the same strict Maryada is in place :6

Don't normally get into this forum thing but must respond to this forum. Sant Baba Roshan Singh, aftervarious political pressures, tied the Dastaars on Jeet Singh and Jaspal Singh however given their recorded activities he has disowned them.

Here is what they have been up to:

1. Sold a Mercedes bought by UK sikh sangat and bought land in their own name and in the name of their families (cases pending).

2. Had an 86 year old man beaten up and put into hospital. The men who did this were given a saropa. The old man sold his home and moved. The gentleman who bought his house was old and through no fault of his own, one day he opened the door to a similar mob who beat him up thinking he was the same 86 yr old man who had been beaten up before (cases pending).

3. Forged deeds in the names of the above "sants" for the UK gurdwaras (cases pending).

4. They have numerous cases against them pending both here and in India. For the India cases they have appointed Badal's lawyer (he isn't cheap).

5. They changed the constitution made by the previous sant baba gian singh ji so that they would be able changethe UK property in their name if they see fit.

6. Shergill who was kicked out of Smethwick has been recruited by them to head a new committee at Oldbury as they have seen them for who they are and have resisted putting the property in their name.

7. Threatened jathedar of Patna Sahib as he had the audacity to criticise them for because in court Jeet Singh testified that he is "Guru" and the sangat come to do his darshan and not the sri guru granth sahib. When questionned by the judge he conceded that there is a sri guru granth sahib present but that it was in the background (will forward case references so that when you are next in india you can get your own copies).

8. Jaspal Singh is just 30 years but yet he has been described above as a brahmgiani. Under what basis!

I could go on for ages. It is sad for all concerned. There are innocent people who believe in the maryada of Johalan and desperately want to cling on to the sense of belonging. There are those who ackowledge that things have changed and what spiritual presence was there before is no longer there. Sadly people who have known each other all their lives no longer have any time for each other.

Make your own minds up but I feel regardless of who the "sant" is we should hold sri guru granth sahib as the ultimate. Instead we are following any number of "sants" and they are "protected" by sakhis and passages from the sri guru granth sahib. We are sikhs, we should question things rather than blindly following like sheep. After all we are spiritual students.

There will be many who are hurt by my comments but I do not mean offence. This is not about throwing muck and hoping it sticks. Do not just accept this version of events. Read into it and do your own research and then make up your own mind.

Don't normally get into this forum thing but must respond to this forum. Sant Baba Roshan Singh, aftervarious political pressures, tied the Dastaars on Jeet Singh and Jaspal Singh however given their recorded activities he has disowned them.

1. Sold a Mercedes bought by UK sikh sangat and bought land in their own name and in the name of their families (cases pending).

2. Had an 86 year old man beaten up and put into hospital. The men who did this were given a saropa. The old man sold his home and moved. The gentleman who bought his house was old and through no fault of his own, one day he opened the door to a similar mob who beat him up thinking he was the same 86 yr old man who had been beaten up before (cases pending).

3. Forged deeds in the names of the above "sants" for the UK gurdwaras (cases pending).

4. They have numerous cases against them pending both here and in India. For the India cases they have appointed Badal's lawyer (he isn't cheap).

5. They changed the constitution made by the previous sant baba gian singh ji so that they would be able changethe UK property in their name if they see fit.

6. Shergill who was kicked out of Smethwick has been recruited by them to head a new committee at Oldbury as they have seen them for who they are and have resisted putting the property in their name.

7. Threatened jathedar of Patna Sahib as he had the audacity to criticise them for because in court Jeet Singh testified that he is "Guru" and the sangat come to do his darshan and not the sri guru granth sahib. When questionned by the judge he conceded that there is a sri guru granth sahib present but that it was in the background (will forward case references so that when you are next in india you can get your own copies).

8. Jaspal Singh is just 30 years but yet he has been described above as a brahmgiani. Under what basis!

I could go on for ages. It is sad for all concerned. There are innocent people who believe in the maryada of Johalan and desperately want to cling on to the sense of belonging. There are those who ackowledge that things have changed and what spiritual presence was there before is no longer there. Sadly people who have known each other all their lives no longer have any time for each other.

Make your own minds up but I feel regardless of who the "sant" is we should hold sri guru granth sahib as the ultimate. Instead we are following any number of "sants" and they are "protected" by sakhis and passages from the sri guru granth sahib. We are sikhs, we should question things rather than blindly following like sheep. After all we are spiritual students.

There will be many who are hurt by my comments but I do not mean offence. This is not about throwing muck and hoping it sticks. Do not just accept this version of events. Read into it and do your own research and then make up your own mind.

a few of the things that ave gone wrong at johalaan have been mentioned above. i think the biggest mistake of jeet singh was to say that the sangat come the johalaant o matha teek to him and not guru granth sahib ji maharaj. he has also taken part in hindu tradtions.

sant harbhajan singh ji didnt find any need to transfer any of the property on to his personal details after baba gian singh ji, so why does jeet singh??. in my heart a true sikh never chases wordly possessions, but concentrates on the things that we all should be doing as sikhs of guru gobind singh ji, seva n simran.

jeet singh has tried to change the constitution of the gurdwaree in england to meet his needs. he has tried to get the deeds of the gurdwaraa put on his name illegally, and has now appointed shergill as his head man in england to get control of the gurdwaree. as some1 who has been going to johalaan all my life, i feel quite disheartend to see all the hard work of true mahapurkhs like baba gian singh and varakat ji nw being wahsed away. may maharaj let the truth suceed.

may waheguru bless us all with seva n simran.

Lies! I will reply when the samaa comes to me .

:gg:

I am very sorry to hear that certain people have been upset with the thread around fake Baba's and cults. I am pleased that some Sikhs know the truth.

In the latest issue of the Panjabi newspapers, the Oldbury Gurudwara Parbhandaks make it clear that Jeet Singh cult has left the samparda of Karm Singh Ji Hothi Mardaan & has become a Nirmal Bhekh Hardwari parcharak, these people are more Hindu than Sikh & are a cult they bathe at the Kumbh Mela & their leaders are called Pandits. If I have upset people with this dicsussion i am sorry but we as a nation need to stand up against these individuals as they are the enemies of Sikhi.

Singhballer with all respect you are just another naive person who does not know what is really going on in India or the UK, I suggest you grow up & respect my informed opinion as a sister. Singh_1983 knows what the truth... May Vaheguru give you the strength to continue speaking the truth.

by the way Sant Rosan Singh Samparda Karm Singh Hothi Mardan threatened legal action against both Jeet & Jaspal for using the name of the samparda under false pretences. Jeet has left mainstream Sikh and is a Hindu

I appreciate your honesty and integrity & I also read that Jathedar Giani Singh Sahib Iqbal Singh is taking Jeet to court for death threats given to him. This case is also pending. This was because the Jathedar reprimanded Jeet at the Akaal Takht in 2006 for calling himseld a 'Guru'. Reported in Des Pardes. The other people that gave death threats to the Jathedar are a two men, Kulvinder Singh from Leeds and Saroop Singh from High Wycombe. Rumour is Saroop Singh is an indian government agent & is a member of the Indian overseas congress.

Someone was also shot in the Dera in 2005, this was a very suspicious shooting, but the rumour is that the Singh murdered saw Jaspal with a woman doing a non-religious act. Lets drive the awareness & prevent this cult from taking over Gurudwara's in the UK! As a nation we need to support the Oldbury Parbhandhaks who have stood up to this evil & now Daljit Singh Shergill who causes trouble there every week.

The lengths people will go to, for material gain, in times of uncertainty, is unbelievable. I guess since wars are being fought over the price of oil, it is now the way of the world. It probably shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise, that people would attempt to slander the name of a respected and invaluable Sikh tradition all for personal gain.

With the akaal-chalana of Sant Baba Gian Singh Ji and Sant Baba Harbhajan Singh Ji Virakt, Sant Baba Jeet Singh Ji were the natural successors, having already been given the place of a Sant by Sant Baba Gian Singh Ji by the tying of the ‘Gatee

(this can be seen on the welcome page on www.gurdwara.org.uk, where Sant Jeet Singh Ji is accompanying Sant Gian Singh Ji, having been anointed with the respectful Saintly uniform as per ancient tradition)

Alas, on the passing of Sant Gian Singh Ji and Sant Harbhajan Singh Ji, mischievous and rogue individuals saw this as an opportunity to take advantage of the relatively younger Sant Jeet Singh Ji. These individuals did not take into account that Sant Jeet Singh Ji was truly the same, spiritual elevation and Sikh spirit as Sant Gian Singh Ji. When it became obvious to those individuals that they would not get their way, the phoney court cases, and slanderous lies began.

As sewadars who have been attached to the Dera for many years, it is very hard for us to read these things that are being written by certain individuals. We are but mere ants, whose lives have been blessed by the Sant Mahapurkhs of Nirmal Kutia Johlan with the flower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s Sikhi.

Whereas in the past, the slanderers would be dismissed by the sangat and refused a voice in the Darbar of the Guru, we now live in the world of propaganda, where the media is ready to be bought by the highest bidder, and therefore these shameful lies are very quickly propagated. The reality of the situation is that the only case pending was one in which a middle aged man laid claim to the land of the Dera, on the basis that he had been there on a few occasions. This man was not even an amritdhari Sikh, never mind someone who has a right to the land being used in Guru Ka Langar. Alas, the case has been thrown out in the past 10 days, and the courts in India have once and for all ruled that Sant Jeet Singh Ji is indeed the true successor to Sant Gian Singh Ji and Sant Harbhajan Singh Ji Virakt.

Not that the word of any man-made court is needed to appoint a Saint. Pictures from the dastar-bandi (succession ceremony) of Sant Jeet Singh Ji can be seen in the following link (http://www.gurdwara.org.uk/gurdwara/media/images.html) under the title ‘Dastar Bandee Ceremony March 2002)

In the pictures, one can do darshan of Sant Roshan Singh Ji, as well as Sant Jagjeet Singh Ji Harkhowal, performing the dastar bandee ceremony. You can make your own minds up if these Maha Purkhs appear to be under any ‘political pressure’ as suggested by someone earlier. I find it incredible that one can even suggest a Sant would bow to any sort of pressure.

The bani of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj is particularly fitting here:

‘Saram dharam ka Dera door, Nanak koorr rahiya bharpoor’

The comment on Baba Jaspal Singh Jis age above sums up pretty much what the underlying issue is here. ‘Sabh ko nivai aap ko, par ko nivaii na koe’

There have been some absolute filthy and disgusting things said here to which I won’t dirty my own mind by even acknowledging. Needless to say, for someone to speak such filth and then call on someone to respect their opinion as a sister or brother is absolute madness.

To call the Dera, a collection of Gursikhs and Mahapurkhs, a cult that is trying to take over Gurdwaras is absurd. The three Gurdwaras in the UK, in High Wycombe, Bradford and Oldbury, were established by the Dera itself, and we unworthy souls were given the gift of true Sikh-maryada, alas we are now abandoning this gift in the search for material gain. We as Sikhs must not lose our way. Sikhi is not found in slander, in material things or in hate for your fellow man. We must first learn to kill that which compels us to say ‘I’, ‘Me’ and ‘Mine’ if we are to truly become custodians of Guru Nanak Dev Jis Sikhi.

For those who are interested in finding more about the Parchaar being done by Dera Nirmal Kutia Johalan, stop by there when you next find yourself in Jallandhar. The Dera sahib is a few minutes away from the Rama Mandi Chowk in Jallandhar. Also, an Amrit Sanchaar takes place every Sangrand for those wishing to take Amrit.

For anyone wanting anymore information, you can contact the webmasters of www.gurdwara.org.uk on info@gurdwara.org.uk

As a closing request, I want to do a benti that let us not become tangled in slander, lies and useless pursuit of fame and glory. This is not the way Guru Gobind Singh Ji wished us to be.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh