Parents

Guest _jaz_

Guest _jaz_

i have a very stubborn father who always thinks he's right. he's runined my life and my siblings lifes. and most of us dont talk to him apart from me.

although he isnt that bad. he always thinks he's right and when challenged he's starts raising his voice. he didnt talk to me for 5 years aswell and hasnt really helped me in life. ie. except put a roof over my head. he never helped me finding a job. and infact used to fight with us alot in our teens. which is partly why mey education didnt go to well.

now im thinking of leaving the house. because. he wont ever say im wrong. or admit to being wrong. the latest issue is food. he's always forcing me to eat food. which i dont want. ive told him i have a serious health condition where i cannot eat meat. but he's constantly trying to get me tat meat. ive said to him countless times that i cant eat it. yet he still brings it around.

i just dont know what to do. he's causing me to have a really bad health problem. i siad its your fault for making me eat meat all the time. he's just obsessed with cooking. and wants people to eat what he makes. when will he get the message that i cant eat it. im seriously suffering beacuse of it. and am thinking of leaving home. i told him that he's paertly to blame for my health condition.

im 24 years old and i dont need to be asked all the time. do i want food. i wish i was dead.

If you don't feel well living in that type of an atmosphere you should move out. You're 24 man, you can take care of yourself, you don't need anyone telling you what to do, you should live freely under your own terms and not have to do or say as your parents tell you to the point of choosing what you eat. Moving out gives you freedom and peace of mind, you can plan on starting your own family and live in a household that will make you a better person. Sure its more challenging but thats what life's about.

ok you should always respect your parents.....but if that parent is not living up to his duty, which seems to be the case in alot of 'asian' familes, where the father seems to think he has dominance over everyone. This is partly to the up bringing where theyve been brought up thinking women have no say, and everything they say should be adheared to....this kind of mentality ruins lives..... iv heard of cases where kids have been beaten up well into their 20's and they live under that fear which they cant break out of.....

I think in your case you should confront your dad, that you wont have it, you respect him but he is not your dictator, remember Guru Gobind Singh is your father, Mata Sahib Kaur your mother, you should do ardas to them and ask for help.......tell you dad that you want to move out if he doesnt change........... in most cases he will make it into a big arguement and cause more distress, you will feel guilty and change your mind and get stuck in this endless circle.... so action is required........every consider taking your siblings with you.

but you need to assess how serious the situation is, some people put up with it for a lifetime......... you are 24 so you can make the decision for your whole family.