American Sikh's Do Bhangra Dance

_!_GUPT_!_

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say that physical dancing is wrong. You can stop your body from dancing, but how are you going to stop your mind from dancing?

:WW:

nwcu ry mn gur kY AwgY ]

naach rae man gur kai aagai ||

So dance, O mind, before your Guru.

gur kY BwxY nwcih qw suKu pwvih AMqy jm Bau BwgY ] rhwau ]

gur kai bhaanai naachehi thaa sukh paavehi a(n)thae jam bho bhaagai || rehaao ||

If you dance according to the Guru's Will, you shall obtain peace, and in the end, the fear of death shall leave you. ||Pause||

Awip ncwey so Bgqu khIAY Awpxw ipAwru Awip lwey ]

aap nachaaeae so bhagath keheeai aapanaa piaar aap laaeae ||

One whom the Lord Himself causes to dance, is called a devotee. He Himself links us to His Love.

Awpy gwvY Awip suxwvY iesu mn AMDy kau mwrig pwey ]2]

aapae gaavai aap sunaavai eis man a(n)dhhae ko maarag paaeae ||2||

He Himself sings, He Himself listens, and He puts this blind mind on the right path. ||2||

Anidnu nwcY skiq invwrY isv Gir nId n hoeI ]

anadhin naachai sakath nivaarai siv ghar needh n hoee ||

One who dances night and day, and banishes Shakti's Maya, enters the House of the Lord Shiva, where there is no sleep.

skqI Gir jgqu sUqw nwcY twpY Avro gwvY mnmuiK Bgiq n hoeI ]3]

sakathee ghar jagath soothaa naachai ttaapai avaro gaavai manamukh bhagath n hoee ||3||

The world is asleep in Maya, the house of Shakti; it dances, jumps and sings in duality. The self-willed manmukh has no devotion. ||3||

suir nr ivriq piK krmI nwcy muin jn igAwn bIcwrI ]

sur nar virath pakh karamee naachae mun jan giaan beechaaree ||

The angels, mortals, renunciates, ritualists, silent sages and beings of spiritual wisdom dance.

:WW:

sangat ji

i am very sorry if i hurt any one

but i am just saying bhangra is not a part of sikhi and about the battle singh never did bhangra after there victory they did more path more bani to say thanks to there guru Vahegurooo ji

and sangat ji this is not aruguing over nothing because bhangra has been there for a long time and it was made by the hindus who took over the gurudarvaras when sikhs had to go in hideing from the muslims after pita guru gobind singh ji mahraj. all the people who say bhangra is ok i wont sepend my time arguin with them dass will try do ardas for them because that can help them i talking cant.

sorry again if dass hurt anyone.

VAHEGUROOOJIKAKHALSAVAHEGUROOOJIKIFATHE

so u r saying the people who took over gurdwaras invented bhangra?

that is illogical thinking

With thier dastar and bana

they are not dancing, they are causing the form of guru gobind singh ji maharaj to dance!

u make it seem like a crime

please, for a start, stop yelling at him, if he said the truth, whats ur prob??

theres no place for bhangra in sikhi...end of....why do u ALWAYSSS go against stuff like this???

if folowing gurmat is called 'hardcore' so be it.

just keep ur views to urself, and if its a big prob, staya way from foroums...u urself said

The only comfort I have is once I get off of this site, I don't have to read or think about this again

vjkk vjkf!!

theres no place for bhangra, who says?

i don;t think its gurmat, i think its personal views.

look if people really don't like sikhs doing bhangra they can make their own jatha and ban it in the katha rules, but rest of sikh panth will do bhangra and no one can stop us, ju will have to su-sad bumb us

now be a good sikh and give shaheedi against the evil bhangra doers, brrruuaaahh

please, for a start, stop yelling at him, if he said the truth, whats ur prob??

theres no place for bhangra in sikhi...end of....why do u ALWAYSSS go against stuff like this???

if folowing gurmat is called 'hardcore' so be it.

just keep ur views to urself, and if its a big prob, staya way from foroums...u urself said

The only comfort I have is once I get off of this site, I don't have to read or think about this again

vjkk vjkf!!

theres no place for bhangra, who says?

i don;t think its gurmat, i think its personal views.

look if people really don't like sikhs doing bhangra they can make their own jatha and ban it in the katha rules, but rest of sikh panth will do bhangra and no one can stop us, ju will have to su-sad bumb us

now be a good sikh and give shaheedi against the evil bhangra doers, brrruuaaahh

:umm: :6 :S :rolleyes:

and this is what i call KALJUG!!!

kiljug mih iek nwim auDwru ]

kalijug mehi eik naam oudhhaar ||

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the One Name alone shall save you.

lool u want to do bhangra?? carry on...... speak for urself, im sure theres MANY here, who are agaisnt the whole idea...... u just made out ur speakin for everyone <_<

and dont even bother bringing shaheedi into this....please get ur facts right b4 posting on such a serious issue!

VAHEGUROOJIKAKHALSAVAHEGUROOJIKIFATEH!

Its funny how everyone is arguing over bhangra, those that disagree to bhangra

Is it ok to dance as a form of fitness? let say without any music or with music but without lyrics as in instrumentals?

Also like one person said simran is fun then why are you sitting on a computer debating about bhangra. Why not sit in your blissful state of mediation on he dispeller of ignorance.

Its funny how everyone is arguing over bhangra, those that disagree to bhangra

Is it ok to dance as a form of fitness? let say without any music or with music but without lyrics as in instrumentals?

:) loll

if u want to stay fit...join the gym :lol: there are manyyyy alternatives!

Also like one person said simran is fun then why are you sitting on a computer debating about bhangra. Why not sit in your blissful state of mediation on he dispeller of ignorance.

lol all im doing is gettin a point across, not my fault if some ppl cant take it is it.

Let's not rush to be judgemental hey? Lol. I bet every person who made negative comment about people in video is not half as chardi kula as the Sikhs featured in video. I think I m going to start a tread about all things that narrow mined people try to ban in sikhi from bhangra to garlic. Once I was told that chradi kala Sikhs don't use tooth brushes or deodorant. People please keep in mind some of these narrow mined people would have you living in caves with no nothing but fresh air. Keep it real! :gg: