Bhagat Puran Singh Je

_singhni_

vaheguru je ka khalsa vaheguru je ke fateh

sangath jee if anyone has a about 20-30minute video on Bhagat Puran Singh Je which i can download and show to chidren aged 6-13 please post links here asap.

also i need information on Bhagat Puran Singh Je asap possibly in time for the morning..

thanks in advance.

ah well he was the one who started the Pingalwara in 1947, which takes care of sick and disabled people, and he was honoured by Government of India with a Padma Shri ward in 1979, which he notably surrendered in the wake of the Indian Army's attack on the Golden Temple in 1984.

He was also an environmentalist who cared deeply about the world

Quotes by him:

1) Dignity in death is a birthright of each living thing.

2) All Punjabis should sow trees of "Bohar", "Pippal" and "Neem", which are essential to our eco-system.

..he was the tru spitting image of a real Sikh

Quotes by him:

1) Dignity in death is a birthright of each living thing.

2) All Punjabis should sow trees of "Bohar", "Pippal" and "Neem", which are essential to our eco-system.

More quotes please :-)

sangath jee if anyone has a about 20-30minute video on Bhagat Puran Singh Je which i can download and show to chidren aged 6-13 please post links here asap.

also i need information on Bhagat Puran Singh Je asap possibly in time for the morning..

thanks in advance.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh ji

I am trying to put Bhagat Jis life on net through my blog simransewa.blogspot.com .You can find some history of bhagat jis early years. I am yet to put more chapters from his life. There are also some rare pics of him there.

Fateh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Singhni Ji,

There are two videos on Google video, but I am afraid they are of too bad picture quality. Here are the links anyway:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...OL6TWjQLCivCmCw

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=45...OL6TWjQLCivCmCw

A little on Bhagat Ji's life:

Bhagat Puran Singh Ji was born as Ramji Das in village Rajewal Rohnon in Khanna district, Punjab, in 1904 to mother Mehtab Kaur Ji and father Shibumal Ji. Bhagat Ji was raised in both Hindu and Sikh faith, but already when young he became more drawn towards Sikhi. He was much impressed by the spirit of equality and service shown by Sikhs. He himself also had a great spirit of Seva within and immense love for everything. As a young man, after his studies, Bhagat Ji dedicated his life to doing Seva at different Gurdwara Sahibs, mainly at Gurdwara Dehra Sahib in Lahore, where he stayed for a period of over 20 years. Already then he used to take special care to serve crippled with food.

In 1934 Bhagat Ji was doing Seva at Gurdwara Dehra Sahib. An abandoned, crippled boy, only three years of age, was brought into the Gurdwara Sahib. Bhagat Ji kept watching the helpless boy and finally made a prayer to Guru Ji to adopt the boy. He named the boy Piara Singh and started taking care of all his needs. Bhagat Ji used to carry Piara Ji around everywhere he went. He famously called him the garland around his neck. Bhagat Ji kept taking care of Piara Ji for many decades all the way to the end. Getting Piara Ji in his life through Guru’s grace was the turning point in Bhagat Ji’s life and he has said there probably would have been no Pingalwara without this happening.

At the time of partition Bhagat Ji along with Piara Ji and Sangat had to flee from Dehra Sahib. Bhagat Ji settled in Sri Amritsar Sahib with very few possessions and no money. There amongst the refugees Bhagat Ji met a lot of handicapped people who had no one to take care of all their needs, so Bhagat Ji took up this Seva to the best of his ability. Pingalwara, the home of the underprivileged and mentally challenged, was eventually born from this work.

Baba Ji was an exceptional character. He used to keep working from morning to night in different tasks to take care of his patients. He would not just oversee, but actually do even the toughest work. He would also find time to go around asking for donations to keep his patients fed. All his life Baba Ji was a keen observer and learner. He used to read a lot on all kinds of subjects relevant to his interest of welfare for all. He also set up a printing press at Pingalwara publishing all kinds of books, booklets and papers of interest. They are still handing out these for free at Sri Amritsar Sahib this day. Baba Ji was also very concerned over health and environment. For instance, he promoted walking over the use of motor vehicles for both human and nature’s health, and was greatly concerned over the depletion of green areas in Punjab and India.

Please forgive for any mistakes and inaccuracies in this short story of Baba Ji. There are two great books which can be read on his life, that will give you much more information and fascinating stories on this great soul. They are called “His Sacred Burden” written by Reema Anand, and “Garland Around My Neck” by Patwant Singh and Harinder Kaur Sekhon.

Bored Ji, here is attached the picture which you were looking for. Hopefully it is of better quality. There is also another picture included. Both these pictures are from the book “His Sacred Burden”. “Garland Around My Neck” has even more fantastic photos.

Also please check the website http://www.pingalwaraonline.org/

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

post-8771-1215819296_thumb.jpg

post-8771-1215819310.jpg