satsriakal brothers and sisters.

I want to take amrit at vaisakhi next year at anandpur sahib but ive heard some weird things from a few people about the stuff the 5 beloved ones tell u, ie consuming meat and marijuana? Is this true? im 100% sure this is against sikhism as it was rejected by our gurus so why do they do this? Do i have to follow wot they tell me to do like consume meat as long as its not halal, or can i consume amrit from anandpur sahib and then follow the more authentic maryada which most sikhs do ie, no meat, intoxicants etc. I really want to take amrit in punjab from a historical sikh gurdwara but hearing things like this is really downheartning me about the whole issue and questioning the solidness of our religon with all these different jathas/gurdwaras telling u to follow different maryadas once amrit is taken.... any advice would be appreciated. I know amrit is amrit no matter where one consumes it from but this is really bugging me and i need to know why everyone doesnt follow the same rehat issued by our dasmesh pithah and all these different things like eating meat/intoxicants have come into sikhi and no1 has done nothing to stop it. Fateh

Bhul Chuk Maff.

there will be plenty of replies after this

alot will probably say yeah go for it

I'm not going to even bother being politically correct

steer clear of places where the panj allow meat (and eat it themselves), this unfortunately inclueds pavithar asthaan Anandpur Sahib at the moment.

Obviously do whatever Guroo Sahib tells you but its not about the Gurdvara, its about your Guroo. The more kamayee the panj have the more power of Guroo Gobind Singh Ji they will have.

that is all.

its just unbelievable that its happeneing at the birth place of the khalsa and such a historic place in sikh history which is why im so bothered about it as i had my heart set of gettin baptised at the great anandpur sahib :( What about the akal takht sahib, do the 5 beloved also advice you to eat meat and marijuana their to? or is it just at Anandpur sahib.

afraid so :(

as far as I am aware these Gurdvare Sahibs are all run under sgpc rehit maryada

though neither Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji nor Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji allow marijuana, just meat. I think its only Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji and other so called nihang dals which do the marijuana rubbish.

But many vadhaya on the kirpa maharaj has done :)

Marijuana/ Bhang

The Takhat Sahibs that follow the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada (Sri Akaal Takht Sahib, Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib, and Takht Sri Damdama Sahib) do not condone Marijuana.

The Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada prohibits BHANG and anyone who consumes Marijuana is a Thankhaiya according to Sikh Rehit Maryada as well as Gurbani.

Consuming meat

- Yes, you will not be "prohibited" from eating meat. The only clear instruction given is "do not consume halaal". Depending on who is doing sevaa in the Panj Pyaare, the Jathedaar may discourage Sangat to eat meat but due to restraints by the SGPC they don't say a clear cut no to meat. Some family members have taken Amrit at Kesgarh Sahib and at that time the Singhs doing seva told them that "Sikhs are not vegetarian. Do not think you have to eat Masraa di Daal after taking Amrit." On the other hand, another Singh took Amrit at the same Takht Sahib in 2006 and was told "Halaal is Bajjar Kurehat. However, eating meat is wrong and Sangat should refrain from eating any meat."

The differing views on meat depend on the Singhs doing seva, however at the end of the day they all restricted in what they can say because of the SGPC's guidelines. The Bajjar Kurehat is "EATING KUTTHAA". All Gursikhs, Samapardas, and Jathas agree on this. However, the difference is in the interpretation of "KUTTHAA". Where the SGPC interprets it as "slowly slaughtered meat", others (based on Gurbani) interpret it as "slaughtered meat, i.e. any type of meat".

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

If you take amrit at Takhat keshgarh Sahib (anandpur sahib), they will not say you can eat meat, (I dont who told you they will say you can eat meat because thats not true) they will def say you cannot take marijuana or any other drug. Someone has told me you have to get there at 11am, but im sure the amrit sachar used to be at 1pm. When you go into the takhat sahib, on the left hand side you have maharaj parkash on the right hand side next to the guy who gives out parshad is some stairs, you need to go up these stairs to get onto the next floor, on this floor is where the amrit sanchar will take place. Amrit sachars take place every Wednesday and Sunday.

The other thing is that the panthic Sikh rehit maryada does not say eat meat. I also think its hard to make assessemnts of peoples avasta's sitting at home without meeting or knowing individuals.