How To Select The Punj Singhs

The first Punj Pyare were selected by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. That was dictatorship of the Guru and rightfully so.

But these days I have seen that in some jathebandis, 5 singhs are selected by sangat(a form of democracy) whereas in Budha Dal, I have heard 5 singhs are selected by the jathedaar( which is a form of dictatorship).

According to Gurmat, which is the correct way of choosing 5 singhs ?

Amrit Sanchars are the key to the charrdi kala of the panth and charrdikala of the 5 singhs is one of the key factors in an amrit sanchar.

The first Punj Pyare were selected by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. That was dictatorship of the Guru and rightfully so.

But these days I have seen that in some jathebandis, 5 singhs are selected by sangat(a form of democracy) whereas in Budha Dal, I have heard 5 singhs are selected by the jathedaar( which is a form of dictatorship).

According to Gurmat, which is the correct way of choosing 5 singhs ?

Amrit Sanchars are the key to the charrdi kala of the panth and charrdikala of the 5 singhs is one of the key factors in an amrit sanchar.

Dude judjing from this comment and the previous comment, where you posted a thread on meat and marijuana, i can say for sure that your basics about Sikhi are not right. You have no primary knowledge about Sikh, Sikhi, Rehat and most important Guru-Panth Khalsa. I would seriously advise that you spend some time reading Sikh literature and contemplate about taking Pahul. You are going by hearsay, which is the first thing to discard when you take Pahul. I fear that your wearing kirpan is going to be no different than wearing of 'janeau' by hindus. Don't take offense, but please just go by emotions, the world won't end if you don't take pahul for another year or more.

As mentoned before, the first Panj Pyare were not ordered by Guru Sahib but instead offered there tan man and dhan to the Guru. I see no harm in having sangat select the panj, however most gurdwaras designate one or two people to be in charge of organizing amrit sanchar and abhilakees usually go to them to submit their name for next amrit sanchar. Hence, those organizers are the ones who select the Panj for the Amrit Sanchar ceremony. If the sangat decides to nominate the Panj then thats okay too, provided that the people being selected adherently stick to full rehat.

<<< Dude judjing from this comment and the previous comment, where you posted a thread on meat and marijuana, i can say for sure that your basics about Sikhi are not right. You have no primary knowledge about Sikh, Sikhi, Rehat and most important Guru-Panth Khalsa. I would seriously advise that you spend some time reading Sikh literature and contemplate about taking Pahul. You are going by hearsay, which is the first thing to discard when you take Pahul. I fear that your wearing kirpan is going to be no different than wearing of 'janeau' by hindus. Don't take offense, but please just go by emotions, the world won't end if you don't take pahul for another year or more.

>>>>

Dear veer, ur post is funny. I agree that I am a very neech insaan but can u tell me which comment of mine in thread of meat and marijuina u dint like. I cant even remember if I posted in such a thread.

Secondly, as far as I know, sikhi is all about Guru Dictatorship. Guru has ABSOLUTE power and no autority can challenge it.

The selection of first 5 punj pyare was all the leeelaaa or mauj of Dashmesh Pita.

I just wanted to know that these days we seem to be following 2 methods of selecting 5 singhs, one in which the jathedaar chooses 5 singhs, and the other in which sangat chooses the 5 singhs, i just wanted to know which is more correct according to gurmat ?

<<< Dude judjing from this comment and the previous comment, where you posted a thread on meat and marijuana, i can say for sure that your basics about Sikhi are not right. You have no primary knowledge about Sikh, Sikhi, Rehat and most important Guru-Panth Khalsa. I would seriously advise that you spend some time reading Sikh literature and contemplate about taking Pahul. You are going by hearsay, which is the first thing to discard when you take Pahul. I fear that your wearing kirpan is going to be no different than wearing of 'janeau' by hindus. Don't take offense, but please just go by emotions, the world won't end if you don't take pahul for another year or more.

>>>>

Dear veer, ur post is funny. I agree that I am a very neech insaan but can u tell me which comment of mine in thread of meat and marijuina u dint like. I cant even remember if I posted in such a thread.

Secondly, as far as I know, sikhi is all about Guru Dictatorship. Guru has ABSOLUTE power and no autority can challenge it.

The selection of first 5 punj pyare was all the leeelaaa or mauj of Dashmesh Pita.

I just wanted to know that these days we seem to be following 2 methods of selecting 5 singhs, one in which the jathedaar chooses 5 singhs, and the other in which sangat chooses the 5 singhs, i just wanted to know which is more correct according to gurmat ?

You don't even know about the word Guru Panth. Guru was absolute but he was not a dictator, it is a pity that you cannot find a better word. By the way, panj piara gave pahul to Guru Gobind Singh and Guru ji said wherever panj piara are present see it as my saroop.

By the way how will you know the avastha and inner feelings of the panj piara, selected whichever way. During gurujis time, there were only a few thousand Singhs and they changed the course of history of India. Right now there are millions of Singhs and they cannot change a thing. All are busy booking a berth in sachkhand.

And i am sorry i mistook you for someone else about meat and marijuana. http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=38314 I apologise for the mistake :p