How?

Guest gupt bhenji

Guest gupt bhenji

WJKK WJKF

I am a 19 year old non-amrit dhari girl but am really into my sikhi but my family dont understand. I really want to attend smagams, house programs, rainsbhais, camps but family dont let me go. How do i make them understand and let me go. My heart is crying out to be blessed with such events.

Brothers and sisters, how do you manage to get your family to let you go and what do you do?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

I am a 19 year old non-amrit dhari girl but am really into my sikhi but my family dont understand. I really want to attend smagams, house programs, rainsbhais, camps but family dont let me go. How do i make them understand and let me go. My heart is crying out to be blessed with such events.

Brothers and sisters, how do you manage to get your family to let you go and what do you do?

WJKK WJKF

ahhh, penjiee i understand wt u saying, my mom hardli lets me go to smagams, rehnsabiyees etc so therfore i jus take her along with me, however sumtimes she refusees and doesnt allow me to go either buh hey, i ave a little brother which i tend to use at many occasions lol..it works out finee .. lol

WJKK WJKF

hahahaha, dont worry... you are not alone... there are plenty of us in the same boat.

may be at this time we can not anything to change the way our elder generation think, but one think i would like to say that we can do and we must do.

the freedom that we all want (freedom to attend smagam, kirtan, sewa, gurughar etc) we all need to make sure that we give this freedom to our generation so that in future no one from our generation can make a thread like this that their parents (us lot) dont allow them (our generation) to go to kirtan and smagams.

wjkk wjkf

This is an interesting dilemma

Guest GuEsT
WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

i have the same situation.

but dont worry, dont give up.

for now, make ur paat etc ur sangat :)

it will be fine, we need to give it more time.

i hope it works out

Guest Guest

tell em ur goin out clubbing

its funny how much things have changed. i can remember when i used to have to blag that i was going to the gurdwara so that i could really get up to no good. nowadays parents would rather see their children clubbing then go to the gurdwara and become sikhs.

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

As you can see almost all of us are in the same boat! So I know how it is - it's hard to get blessings from family for pretty much most things nowadays (especially regardings things WE want to do). But I guess you just have to hang in there, keep the perseverance and faith. When GuruJi feels it's the time for you to go then it will happen.

It took me long to convince my parents to give me the permission to go to such events, they're still skeptical about it up to this day but I just don't shut up lol. I keep asking them untill they get bored and say go on then chall jaaa! :p It works most times but I think they just get used to it in the end, although I have to put up with silly remarks like 'kam's turning into a gyani' ' 'kam practically lives at the Gurdwara' LOL

Good luck, hope it works out eventually :)