I wiped blood from his face with my chuni

No one knows what they did to him

But not to worry, Singhs in the Khalsa Panth are my brothers

Don’t feel sorry for me, I am daughter of a Shaheed

Those are my childhood memories, I have grown up now

I am a proud Sikh, just like my mum, dad and brother

I live in this place where they look after children of Shaheeds

I have been to school but cannot study further because it costs too much

I am at a marriageable age but which respectable amritdari family will have me?

Will I ever have a family of my own where I can live happily ever after?

But not to worry, Guru Khalsa Panth is my family

Don’t feel sorry for me, I am daughter of a Shaheed

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hanji, I recently received some leaflets from Bhai Dharam Singh Khalsa Trust. I think they got my address from Damdami Taksal’s Khandedhaar Magazine. Neways, pics of Shahed’s Children inspired me 2 write that poem. The Trust is run by Sandeep Kaur Kaashtiwal, she was a Karkoo Singnee and spent few years in jail. Now she runs this Trust which is named after her Shaheed Husband. Her story was published by Damdami Taksal.

At the moment they are changing and extending their building. The Trust looks after about 150 children from shaheed families. Sandeep Kaur can be contacted on dharamsinghkhalsatrust@rediffmail.com Money can be donated straight to Bank Account Number (1433) 2419 Bank of Panjab, Branch Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar

I haven’t actually sent any money yet, but have decided when I go (which will hopefully be soon) to Panjab, I will go and give money myself and also meet those children who have lost all their families and have no one but Guru. I feel it is our duty to give them some money (at least our Daaswand) if no more. Shaheeds gave their Blood for us, what are we doing for them? Shaheeds had performed their duties long ago. Now it is the need of the hour to fulfil our duties.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use