Sukhmani Sahib

Hey everyone...I suffer from anxiety and worry alot which has caused alot of stress on my body...some days are good and some are absolutely terrible! I have heard of people doing sukhmani sahib 40 times in 40 days....my question is...if I do half of sukhmani sahib on one day and then rest on the next and keep it continuous is that ok to do? I currently do simran for 20 min everyday.

Thank You

if you find it hard the best thing to do would be, do half sukhmani sahib like early in the day and the rest later on during the day, in my opinion i wudnt advise people to to read one half one day and the other half another, chalo people have there say

Guest shastr

thats fine.... i know people who do other bani's like that too, over a coupla days period. and i asked giani ji about it, and he said thats fine.....

oh, and that simran, yea u gonna need more then 20 minutes.....

thats fine.... i know people who do other bani's like that too, over a coupla days period. and i asked giani ji about it, and he said thats fine.....

Thanks for the replies - really appreciate it! One more thing - I do the sukhmani sahib in english translation so is that ok also cause my friend said its better to do it in gurmukhi but I don't know how to read gurmukhi. As for the simran - why do I need more than 20 min?? I'm not saying it's wrong I just want to know the reasoning because even at the gurudawara they do it for 30 min on friday and I want to make sure I achieve the full benefits of doing simran and gurbani :)

Thanks for the replies - really appreciate it! One more thing - I do the sukhmani sahib in english translation so is that ok also cause my friend said its better to do it in gurmukhi but I don't know how to read gurmukhi. As for the simran - why do I need more than 20 min?? I'm not saying it's wrong I just want to know the reasoning because even at the gurudawara they do it for 30 min on friday and I want to make sure I achieve the full benefits of doing simran and gurbani :)

Sorry one more thing - is it ok to do this online from youtube..the giani says it in gurmukhi while I can read it in english or is it better to do it from a gutka?

Guest shastr

reading in english is fine, but the online thing is not cool. if u have an english gutka sahib, thats better. cuz online, like ur sitting on a chair, all laid back, and maybe ur attention is not totally into the paath. and about the simran, lol. "the more sugar u put into the jug, the sweeter it gets".........."bande de kamm, bandagi karni"

reading in english is fine, but the online thing is not cool. if u have an english gutka sahib, thats better. cuz online, like ur sitting on a chair, all laid back, and maybe ur attention is not totally into the paath. and about the simran, lol. "the more sugar u put into the jug, the sweeter it gets".........."bande de kamm, bandagi karni"

but I have a laptop and its on the floor and the sukhmani is on youtube...my concentration is even better because the giani is saying it in gurmukhi while i read it in english and I cant let my mind slip cause I'll miss what is written on the screen..lol

Guest shastr

yea...the labtop on the flooor? thats a no no..... put it on a table or something, and sit urself on the floor. or yaar, do u have an ipod or something? they work wonders!