What Is True Nimrata?

AK-47

gurisKNØI so Qwnu BwilAw lY Duir muiK lwvw ]

gurasikha(n)aee so thhaan bhaaliaa lai dhhur mukh laavaa ||

The Guru's Sikhs seek out that place; they take the dust and apply it to their faces.

gurisKw kI Gwl Qwie peI ijn hir nwmu iDAwvw ]

gurasikhaa kee ghaal thhaae pee jin har naam dhhiaavaa ||

The works of the Guru's Sikhs, who meditate on the Lord's Name, are approved.

ijn@ nwnku siqguru pUijAw iqn hir pUj krwvw ]2]

jinh naanak sathigur poojiaa thin har pooj karaavaa ||2||

Those who worship the True Guru, O Nanak - the Lord causes them to be worshipped in turn. ||2||

SUM1 EXPLAIN THAT TUK??

I went to somebody's house and someone told them that I have good avastha(which I dont have) and those people forced me to eat from their hands(which i dint) and then forced me to an ardaas for them(which I dint) asking for their son to get american visa.

On the other hand, how many of the present day people including amrtidharis are ready to serve their old parents when they actually need sevaa ? Very few.

Serving fellow sikhs with some hidden ichaa or benefit is not a very good thing.

If your non-amritdhari old mother is ill and u do her seva, u will get lots of khushi of Satguru jee and if you force a 25 year old hatta kattaa sikh to let his seva done, that would not please Satguru jee

talikhaak thanks for that link, very good read.

harinder, your correct in ur example. but thats not the issue we are discussing here. Nobody is disputing that one should serve their parents etc. What im asking about is where mahrajh very clearly says you should serve gursikhs (the term gursikh has been explained by penji in her posts).

she is also right that we dont want to serve other gursikhs because of our own hunkar. our ego makes us think that there must be something wrong with them somehow or other!!

from my own experiences i have been sitting on the floor next to a mahapursh and badly wanting to do their seva as gurbani says that i should! but i was too scared, the mahapursh himself told me to get up and koth (massage) his legs and feet. for me it was a great moment in my life that i was able to serve a pyara of vaheguru and i felt blessed to be given that chance.

now some will say that this was hunkar and that the sant was having himself served by me! that he shouldnt have told me to touch his legs and feet. but maybe it was because he knew and felt the want and need to do seva that was inside me? maybe he knew that this pappi needed that dust from his feet.

true saints are few and far between, but where found they should be served as gursikhs of maharajh and as gurbani instructs us.

I hear you. I totally agree with what you're saying now. Took me a lil while :)

So the problem becomes finding these true saints.

The thing is, because our dharam tells us that we can be grisht and still be a sant, it's not as easy as it is for other faiths, who can run to one of their dharmic asthaans or to the forests or mountains, and find hermits and saniyaasis, and then do their seva.

For us, this isn't the case. I mean, yes, there are some pyaaray who have followed that style of bhagti, but for the norm, bhagti is done while maintaining and respecting the responsibilities of human life. So how does one go about finding those with true nimarata while still living in grisht? This is the utmost paradox that JustME pointed out (and AK reiterated for me).

My point was... seva is a cleansing action. Seva builds your own humility, irrespective of who you serve. As long as it is done in rememberance of Guru. You're not actually doing the seva; Guru Sahib is just presenting opportunities for you to serve someone else who may (or may not) be in need. As long as it's done with love and reverance of your Master, and all you think is that "My Guru's Jyot Resides In This Person's Soul", then Satgur Kee Seva ho gayee, and this is saffal no matter what.

Bhai Vir Singh, Prof Puran Singh, Khoji, and others have shared that seva and simran (in tandem) is a powerful lifestyle. As you continue to do them together (and apart), your own intuition develops, you yourself move beyond the seen-and-heard-realms-of-maya. You develop the power of discrimination for yourself, and new opportunies of seva arise, to do seva of those people and roohaan your soul is telling you is "higher" than your own....

This is how I reconcile the concept of it being the result of Vadday Bhaag.. cuz really, how many people are really going to put in all that effort and abhiyaas and jattan to serve serve serve EVERYONE until finally, Guru Sahib merges them with a pyaara who will ultimately push you over the top to become Joti Jot Ralee.... really, how many people are REALLY willing to do that? Those who get that far, that get to do true seva of a sant/mahapurkh/gurmukh/"true gursikh", they are few and far between.. virlay... and thus can be said to have vadday bhaagaan?

An esteemed and enlightened soul doesn't stop donig seva.... that's the other thing... The True Gursikhs whom we seek aren't jus chillin and doin their own thang... they too are constantly involved in seva, potentially at a level that the average Jaswinder can't see... Seva, Simran, Sangat, all breed humility, compassion, other "Bhallay Gunn" which helps us to transform into those same types of roohaan that we seek to serve..

Am I way off?

har kaa sa(n)th har kee har moorath jis hiradhai har naam muraar ||

The Lord's Saint is the embodiment of the Lord; within his heart is the Name of the Lord.

and..

har kaa saevak so har jaehaa |

The Lord's servant becomes like the Lord.

bhaedh n jaanahu maanas dhaehaa |

Do not think that, because of his human body, he is different.