Changing Into A Better Person

priyap

ever since i came back from hemkunt sahib where i turned 16 iv felt more connected with Sikhism and doing simran and pat.and these last few years im trying to change.and im always trying to find ways to better myself e.g by controlling my anger which has decreased alot with the help of Guru Ji and various other habits of mines.But sometimes i find it hard to change certain things like im really trying to keep my appearnece simple but i still feel like im gettin influcneced by the outer world and maya and i feel thats my only obstacle left well major one.so i was wondering if anyone who had any tips on changing and bettering yourself as an individual...how is the best way to go about this and not get entagled in everything that is bad and to maintain a good life because i really want to change more.thanks to those who repley. :)

ever since i came back from hemkunt sahib where i turned 16 iv felt more connected with Sikhism and doing simran and pat.and these last few years im trying to change.and im always trying to find ways to better myself e.g by controlling my anger which has decreased alot with the help of Guru Ji and various other habits of mines.But sometimes i find it hard to change certain things like im really trying to keep my appearnece simple but i still feel like im gettin influcneced by the outer world and maya and i feel thats my only obstacle left well major one.so i was wondering if anyone who had any tips on changing and bettering yourself as an individual...how is the best way to go about this and not get entagled in everything that is bad and to maintain a good life because i really want to change more.thanks to those who repley. :)

Your mere willingness to change is a great victory in itself of your mind on the evils. You've clearly sent a messege to 5 evils that you are now awake and no more willing to be be befooled and trapped by them. First of all congrats for that change, as many people blinded by ignorance can never see the reality and feel what they do or think is allright.

Secondly i think you should read and more importantly understand bani and keep learning- what a sikh is supposed to do. You will see your thinking and your perception of the world changing, sikhi being the nucleus of you life gradually and things like appereance and stuff taking a backseat. You'll be more in control of yourself which will result in overcoming evils to a greater extent. And as far as only appereance is concerned, staying in circle of Amrithdharis will help coz it won't deter you from being like them and there's more likelihood of emulating them rather than doing that in the company of gore or kale (no offence or pun intended, just trying to be very straightforward). It might be tough if you are very self conscious or self- obsessed, which i admit i was and spent awful lot of time in front of mirror and subsequently recieving friendly banter not only by friends but also by family members. So yeah it will be tough if you fall in same category as mine coz i consider myself as the worst of the cases and if not, then with help of waheguru and with blessings of bani- shabad guru it should be a cakewalk really.

Your mere willingness to change is a great victory in itself of your mind on the evils. You've clearly sent a messege to 5 evils that you are now awake and no more willing to be be befooled and trapped by them. First of all congrats for that change, as many people blinded by ignorance can never see the reality and feel what they do or think is allright.

Secondly i think you should read and more importantly understand bani and keep learning- what a sikh is supposed to do. You will see your thinking and your perception of the world changing, sikhi being the nucleus of you life gradually and things like appereance and stuff taking a backseat. You'll be more in control of yourself which will result in overcoming evils to a greater extent. And as far as only appereance is concerned, staying in circle of Amrithdharis will help coz it won't deter you from being like them and there's more likelihood of emulating them rather than doing that in the company of gore or kale (no offence or pun intended, just trying to be very straightforward). It might be tough if you are very self conscious or self- obsessed, which i admit i was and spent awful lot of time in front of mirror and subsequently recieving friendly banter not only by friends but also by family members. So yeah it will be tough if you fall in same category as mine coz i consider myself as the worst of the cases and if not, then with help of waheguru and with blessings of bani- shabad guru it should be a cakewalk really.

yeah i think u made some valid points there..but i feel im quite self conscious at times although at the moment my friends there like not so self conscious and there all punjabis.land sometimes its like when im getting ready i hear two voices one saying come on lets put this on n that n another saying you dont need to do all that and sometimes i think well the people who do all that stuff nothing really happens to them.and this is like a bigggg debate in my head that goes on before i go out..and sometimes thats why i avoid going out n stick in doors so i dont have to as silly as this sounds add to my sins my gettin ready n stuff.lol yeh sounds werid though and li just wish God could give me that power where i dont have to care about what people think.

waah...very motivating post.

its really hard and a long way to go dear...because obstacles will be coming daily in a new form of maya.

so... keep on doing paath nitnem...

DO NOT BREAK THE DISCIPLINE..whtever routine u have made..

and guru kirpaa.. one day u ureself will write a post that u have succeeded.

my big fateh to u..

WJKK WJKF :3singh3:

Thanks evryone that repleyed it has helped alot than i thought words could.And i think ill save this page and refer back to it when i think i feel weak.And i feel so proud that our Sikh community are always willing to help and God Bless everyone. :nishaan_sahib_right: