Weird

singhunit

When i went to India last year, in my Grandads pind, there was one there, it was where our surname was created or something, i did do mata tek on it, but i thought we were just paying respects to it or something, back then i didn't know about idol worship and how there is only one God. But knowing this now, i will never make the same mistake again. It is strange though, because, my grandad who took us there, is an amritdhari, so surely he would know not to do such thing, im going to ask him to see what he says.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Can anyone explain what that might have been please..

Thankyou,

Deep Kaur

:gatka-singhni:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

You saw Shaheed Singhs. Please don't lose focus on your aim to become one with Waheguru, this is just the beginning of the path.....

If you've never been to the 'jugga', then don't go - make up some excuse if your family try to force you.

Shaheed Singhs are very strict so keep your rehat strong and never miss Nitnem. Try to do as many Jap Ji Sahib Paaths as you can and be careful of anyone who tells you to stop doing paath. It's Gurbani that protects you.

Once, it so happened that the Guru reached Dadu's place. Looking towards the shrine, he

saluted wilh his arrow. The Khalsa noliced this and said, "O True Emperor, you have

ordered that the Khalsa shall not bow before tombs and cremation grounds, even by

mistake. But you have yourself paid respect to a tomb. This has raised doubls in our

minds."

"O Khalsa, I should also be punished," admitted the Guru. He complied with the

punishment awarded by the Khalsa.

"O True Emperor, the Guru can commit no wrong. Why did he do that in this case?"

questioned a Sikh later.

"The Guru is certainly above mistakes. We saluted the grave, because we have to teach

the Khalsa how to maintain purity of faith, and how to dispense punishment," explained

the Guru. The Sikh was extremely happy at this answer. (47)