Non Sikhs Wearing Karas

Guest fordcapri

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally know at least 7-8 hindu guys who wear karas just to show-off that they are punjabi coz it sounds cool. Some are from Chandigarh and a few from Mumbai and Delhi and say they have Punjabi roots.

To me it seems those Hindu individuals are despereate to be proud of something, but they don't have a true religion or a glorious history to be proud of so they just wear Karas to join the Sikh league and instead name it Punjabi.

A typical Punjabi Hindu i know wears kara, goes to gurdwara sahib(as he tells us), tries to speak jatt-style pendu punjabi (tho he can't) and never mentions his Hindu stuff coz he's too embarrased to do so among mates but at home he worships his idols and never squanders an opportunity to pass a Sardar Joke or negative comment on Sikhs when among Muslims.

Of all Hindus I know wear Karas just to show off that they are Punjabi and don't want to be categorised along with Indians or Gujratis. They are mere show-ponies.

I personally know at least 7-8 hindu guys who wear karas just to show-off that they are punjabi coz it sounds cool. Some are from Chandigarh and a few from Mumbai and Delhi and say they have Punjabi roots.

To me it seems those Hindu individuals are despereate to be proud of something, but they don't have a true religion or a glorious history to be proud of so they just wear Karas to join the Sikh league and instead name it Punjabi.

A typical Punjabi Hindu i know wears kara, goes to gurdwara sahib(as he tells us), tries to speak jatt-style pendu punjabi (tho he can't) and never mentions his Hindu stuff coz he's too embarrased to do so among mates but at home he worships his idols and never squanders an opportunity to pass a Sardar Joke or negative comment on Sikhs when among Muslims.

Of all Hindus I know wear Karas just to show off that they are Punjabi and don't want to be categorised along with Indians or Gujratis. They are mere show-ponies.

You know, come to think of it, I've only met less then half a dozen Hindu Punjabis in over 30 years in London. Didn't they migrate in big numbers like Sikhs? Or maybe I just mix in different circles.

Guest fordcapri

Why dont you convert them ??

Heard alot about it for years never actually saw it till yesterday.

Can you give any more details?

Birmingham

If there is anywhere this thing would be sorted out - surely its in B'ham. Unless teh youths have turned into toothless pajamas.

Why dont you convert them ??

Why would they convert? Does anybody, especially in asian community has that rational mind to examine their faith and admit it's flawed. And in those guys' case they do worship their idols, believe in superstitions and stuff like that but are embarrased enough not to mention it coz Muslim mates are quite open in their beliefs and don't really like the Hindu stuff as few friendly debates have revealed. And to add to that Gujratis and Indian girls have also added a lot to their embarrasement.