Do you have bf/gf

JSingh

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have bf/gf

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't want to have one.
    • Want to, but could not find one yet, or its hard to find.
    • Its against Sikhi.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person you should have feelings for is waheguru.

um first of all waheguru's not a person and it is ok to have feelings for people as long as its not like an attachment. caring for those who are dear to u and praying for them to wish them the best is not a bad thing. i guess it's possible for a bf/gf to be a positive thing depending on what they do together. they could have insightful conversations and experiences. can be like a great team. if this leads to marriage it would be better than just arranged.

AMg 23

ang 23

Page 23

isrIrwgu mhlw 1 Gru 2 ]

sireeraag mehulaa 1 ghur 2

Siree Raag, First Mehl, Second House:

Dnu jobnu Aru PulVw nwTIAVy idn cwir ]

dhun jobun ar fulurraa naatheearrae dhin chaar

Wealth, the beauty of youth and flowers are guests for only a few days.

pbix kyry pq ijau Fil Fuil juMmxhwr ]1]

puban kaerae puth jio tal tul junmunehaar

Like the leaves of the water-lily, they wither and fade and finally die. ||1||

rMgu mwix lY ipAwirAw jw jobnu nau hulw ]

rung maan lai piaariaa jaa jobun no hulaa

Be happy, dear beloved, as long as your youth is fresh and delightful.

idn QoVVy Qky BieAw purwxw colw ]1] rhwau ]

dhin thorrurrae thukae bhaeiaa puraanaa cholaa

But your days are few-you have grown weary, and now your body has grown old. ||1||Pause||

sjx myry rMguly jwie suqy jIrwix ]sujun maerae rungulae jaae suthae jeeraan

My p

layful friends have gone to sleep in the graveyard.

hM BI vM\w fumxI rovw JIxI bwix ]2]

hun bhee vunnjaa ddumunee rovaa jheenee baan

In my double-mindedness, I shall have to go as well. I cry in a feeble voice. ||2||

kI n suxyhI gorIey Awpx kMnI soie ]

kee n sunaehee goreeeae aapun kunnee soe

Haven't you heard the call from beyond, O beautiful soul-bride?

lgI Awvih swhurY inq n pyeIAw hoie ]3]

lugee aavehi saahurai nith n paeeeaa hoe

You must go to your in-laws; you cannot stay with your parents forever. ||3||

nwnk suqI pyeIAY jwxu ivrqI sMin ]

naanuk suthee paeeeai jaan viruthee sunn

O Nanak, know that she who sleeps in her parents' home is plundered in broad daylight.

guxw gvweI gMTVI Avgx clI bMin ]4]24]

gunaa guvaaee gunthurree avugun chulee bunn

She has lost her bouquet of merits; gathering one of demerits, she departs. ||4||24||

^_^^_^

Sim - Why get married?

not for lust and attachment causes - but because U have SANGAT with u EVERYWHERE U GO

why have feeligns for mother?

thing is - to stay Dittached!

And I knwo im the rong person speakings Cause iknwo im not dittached myself :@ @

i dont understand the thing about dancind  please xpand

By dancing i mean when a bf and gf dance together, such as in a party, or in clubs, etc. etc. First of all, a Sikh should not go to clubs, and therefore, this dancing issue does not arise. But in family parties, such as on friend's wedding, or b'day party etc. I think they can go, but I don't think they should dance together if they are not married. What do you guys think???

i think the

*I dont want one'

and 'its against Sikhism' is one and the same

oooooops!!! thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think it that way. I think when I posted this pole I was thinking they are different. I may have some personal reasons of not having a gf, not cuz its against sikhi. Lets say, I get stomachache when I eat daal, therefore, I don't want to eat it, but eating daal is not agaist Sikhi. do i make sense??? :@

bhul chuk di khima...

i think the

*I dont want one'

and 'its against Sikhism' is one and the same

oooooops!!! thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think it that way. I think when I posted this pole I was thinking they are different. I may have some personal reasons of not having a gf, not cuz its against sikhi. Lets say, I get stomachache when I eat daal, therefore, I don't want to eat it, but eating daal is not agaist Sikhi. do i make sense??? :)

bhul chuk di khima...

lol :@

Yea I guess - but if its not against Sikhi (in this case ur stomach does NOT HURT)

why would u not have a gf? :@

that is if it is NOT ag

ainst sikhi

A relationship where love flourishes 'is not' 'Can not' be harmfull, Love is not sex and Moh is not Love.

Love what you love. And then take it one step further and love the One who created it and gave it to you in the first place.

A man went to a sant to be taken as a diciple of the sant. As he explained himself, he said that i have never been in love, or have any attachments to anyone what so ever. Not even my parents or anyone. I have no feelings for anyone, can i become your deciple. The saint asked him to further dig into his past. He asked, have you ever been in love?? He said NO, the saint asked again, r u sure, perhaps not even a little attachment to anyone, your mother, or perhaps a girl?? He said, "never". The Saint refused to accept him as his deciple and said he who has not experienced a relationship with God's creation cannot have a relationship with God himself.

Where Love is Flourishing there is no attachment, for love is freedom. One can fall in love with a girl and it not be sexual and without attachment. Attachment occurs from expectation and any relatinship where you expect something from the other is a harmfull relationship. You are bound to be hurt in that situation. Don't Expect, just give and Love. That is True Love.