Hair Issue

Guest guest_1

The dude does not see himself as a Sikh. Also you are not doing a favour to Guru by sporting Kesh. Also he has made up his mind to cut his hair. All he wants to know is that should he care about what others will think? Nobody gives a damn about you mate! Do what you want. Just don't bother others with your looser thoughts.

Yeah cheers man thanks for the advise ae... Great Sikh you are... God gives a dam about me, and thats all i need

If you think they will target your 'joora' you can tie a pony tail or something like that. There are many ways to fix your hair. Ok. I am not ranting but i was a major sports player in my school, and so were many other GURSIKHS. I never thought of cutting my hair and nor i did. My seniors always set an example . They all had jooras, most of them, and i have played at National level. My hair have never, even for a moment caused any problems. The girl i went out with in school, she was the hottest in school and it was me she dated, a full sikhi saroop guy, and not some looser clean shaven <banned word filter activated>. Before playing i removed my 'kara' so that others don't get hurt. But i did not get rid of it for my game.

Dude you can be what ever you want to be. But if you think you will Not progress in life or girls or glamour because of your hair, YOU ARE DAMN WRONG. AND A LOOSER. YOU NEED AN EXCUSE FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS. AND YOU CHOSE YOUR HAIR.

Dude im not even a Sikh... What makes you sooo better than me? the fact that you keep your hair? I have love for God... and i doubt that in His eyes i am seen as a looser... Im not brain washed by the filth in society i no whats right and whats wrong and i also have a clean heart and never look down apon anyone nor call them a looser...

if u wanna cut ur hair at least have the decentcy not to use rugby as an excuse. i used to play rugby for school we enetered tournaments and i used to play 2nd row and later on thw wings. yeah my patka slipped off once but its never restricted me!!!!!!its rugby for crying out loud. to say ull refind sikhi later is taking it 4 granted. it takes people years and years to grow enuff confidence to grow their hair etc. so u cant just say yeah ill cut it now and late ill grow it its not that simple.

Dude i've rugby is not an excuse! dont be so arrogant...its my dream... my passion... and everyones not the same... God has given me a confidence and i certainly dont lack it... and if it takes people years to grown confidence to grow their hair back again then thats just stupid...

Dude did i ever say that i am better than you? I said that i have hair and i never faced any hindrance in any situation because of my hair. And you think your hair is a problem for you. For me that is a plain loser argument, Sorry. And God does not give a damn about you. He only gives a damn about your deeds. And hair, for Sikhs , is a reminder of the ideals of their Gurus.

For nineteen years you were brain washed by your parents and now suddenly you were enlightened about the whole God thing. And you come on a forum as an anonymous person to look for advise from strangers, whose religion for you is brainwashing. And you get worked up because someone you don't know gives you a straight dose of reality!? If anybody is FILTH, IT IS YOUR PARENTS DUDE WHO CANNOT EVEN ADVISE YOU PROPERLY AND WHO BROUGHT YOU UP FOR NINTEEN YEARS WITH HAIR. That proves someone is wrong, now you decide if it is you or your parents.

And save your confidence, you will badly need it on field. I hope you fulfill your dream so that you don't feel that you were only a loser luking for excuses but a champ.

Well firstly i dont blame my parents because i never grew up with my parents and only met them when i was 12... So no its not my parents fault i dont blame them one bit at all.... since i started living with my parents i started believing in God and before that i was a lost child. And i wont go into detail about my upbringing cause i dont think you really need to know... So dont be so arrogant and assume things because as i say everyone is different... And i respect that you believe in an organised religion but also i think people should respect the fact that someone doesnt not believe in an organised religion and should not get all up beat about it... and in my case if i cut my hair the 'community' will take offense.

If your strong in what you believe in, the actions of others will not hurt you, infact if you are a good Sikh and lead by example then your faith will have a massive following... because to be honest, of all the religions Sikhism is a truely universal religion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think they will target your 'joora' you can tie a pony tail or something like that. The girl i went out with in school, she was the hottest in school and it was me she dated, a full sikhi saroop guy, and not some looser clean shaven <banned word filter activated>.

The Olympics are going on now, would you like a medal for your "big" achievement? Don't ever call anyone who doesn't keep full sikhi saroop a loser. Are we clear? Good!

uhhh did that hurt you?? , Go get a saroop. :nishaan_sahib_right:

And since you're already in saroop and represent, get some manners, you make us all look quite foolish when you use such language and pass such quick judgement and then expect the world to not show you any discrimination yourself.

You misunderstood me completely veerji , The way that guy was putting , I didn't like it , He seems like an apna Sikh without saroop , and He's telling others not to call people like him/her losers.He's thoughts are not on the right path , if he's a Sikh. Thats all I intend to correct , rest I am sorry for my quick reply. This 'add fast reply' button has spoiled me :6

If you think they will target your 'joora' you can tie a pony tail or something like that. The girl i went out with in school, she was the hottest in school and it was me she dated, a full sikhi saroop guy, and not some looser clean shaven <banned word filter activated>.

The Olympics are going on now, would you like a medal for your "big" achievement? Don't ever call anyone who doesn't keep full sikhi saroop a loser. Are we clear? Good!

uhhh did that hurt you?? , Go get a saroop. :nishaan_sahib_right:

And since you're already in saroop and represent, get some manners, you make us all look quite foolish when you use such language and pass such quick judgement and then expect the world to not show you any discrimination yourself.

You misunderstood me completely veerji , The way that guy was putting , I didn't like it , He seems like an apna Sikh without saroop , and He's telling others not to call people like him/her losers.He's thoughts are not on the right path , if he's a Sikh. Thats all I intend to correct , rest I am sorry for my quick reply. This 'add fast reply' button has spoiled me :6

satsriakal to every one i m not an intelectual but one thing i am dead sure is that i m a man n god has given me a look which he thoughts fits to me n my fellow men brothers even if see our hindu history ram lazman hanuman krishna who they call gods avtaar had their hair intact n no one was clean shaven it is some ill mind people otherwise was there any barber in woods when ram was sent to vanvass ok lets not go in hindus people history.

Do ui know that our hair is our identity that we r the choosen one we have the distinction from others if we make stand in 1 lakh people we will be different from them. Trust me brother guru gobind singhji was master of all kalas n true follower of the ultimate lord. He had immense powers through which he could had made all india under sikhism but he said i dont believe in quantity but in quality he said : mainu sikh pyaraa nahin sikh tu rehat payaree so dear brother trust the true guru n blind foldly follow him.Do u knw the worlds biggest truth its DEATH n there r rebirths we have to again born n again suffer in this world this life is actual punishment in this hell there is no heaven or hell in sky or bellow us its all here whatver your good deeds n bad deeds get carried over guruji says follow him n he will get u rid of this death n rebirth cycles I hope u dont need A miracle to prove that what guruji says is true just trust him n all ur sufferings will be zeroed

to all you people our era has started u will see every where follwers of sri gurudwara r excelling in every field n soon we will be rulling raj karega khalsa is coming true please dont jump off at this juncture in a span of a decade u will realise what i m saying now JUST TRUST HIM N LIVE A SENSIBLE N FULLFILLED LIFE

may guru gobind singhji bless n all our brothers n sisters

WAHEGURUJI KA KHALSA WAHEGURUJI KI FATEH

Guest g14life

I don't give a hoot whether you think I have saroop or not.

I don't give a hoot whether you think I have saroop or not.

Just one last input , If you're a Sikh , its my duty to put you on the right path , and If you're not OR you don't care , I am really sorry for wasting your time veerji . End of conversation.

:) Make sure you have that smile on your face. I never wanted an argument.

Waheguru! :TH:

I have a issue.... I currently play rugby and is my dream to play for the all blacks... I currently am in a development squad for a rugby franchise as i am 19 and hopefuly play professional first grade next year. I do not consider myself a Sikh but i have uncut hair, also i believe in God but do not follow any religion and i try resite on his name when i can. Im an considering cutting my hair as it gets to hard to tie up and stuff and sometimes restricts me not to play at my full potenitial.... Latter on in my life I will become a Sikh but i believe that you should not be born into a religion but find your own way. Theres just one thing though.... My parents are understanding and they will understand why i did it if i was to cut my hair but my close relatives are very narrow minded and very religious towards Sikhi and will get offended.... Now do i think about what other people will think? or should i do what i know is best for me and cut my hair?

Brother keep your hair as they are valuable and very valuable.

A Story for you.

The snow of Kashmir caught fire on 26 December 1963. Inspite of severe cold and snow, many Muslims, filled with anger, were setting fire in the Market of Shri Nagar.

What was the matter?

Once sacred HAIR of Hazrat Muhammad Sahib which was lying safely in the Mosque of Shri Nagar for many hundred years was stolen by somone.

Rupees One Lack reward was annoucned for a person who will find out that hair and Rs. 500 to the person who will give clue to find out by the Kashmir Govt.

It became so serious that Nehru specially had to announce on the Radio to provide all the required help.

Although the Muslims do not keep hair themselves but the vast faith and zeal which they exhibited for the ONE HAIR of their prophet who kept hair was the excellent example of their devotion for the prophet.

Do you about Pir Budhu Shah? This Muslim fought on the side of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in the battle of Bhangani. At the fair well Pir Budhu Shah asked for Guru Ji's Kanga and sacred hair and placed them in Golden Box and had Darshan of Guru Ji in those hair and Kangha after bath at the time of his morning prayers.

This Kangha is still lying in the Treasure of Maharaja Nabha.

Guru Ji sent letter to congregation of kabul on 26th Jeth Samvat 1756, he wrote:

Ek Onkar Sat Guru Ji Sahai

Sarbat Sangt Kabal guru Rakhega, tusa ute sadi bahut khushi hai. Tusa khande da Amrit Pnja to Laina. Kes Rakhne, ih sai mohar hai. Kachh Kirpan da visah nahi karna, sarab loh da karha hath rakhna, dono vaqat kesa di palna karni, sarab sangat abhakhya ka kutha khave nahi, Tabacco na vartna, bhadni tatha kanya maran wale se milap n rakhe...Gurbani parhni, WaheGuru, WaheGuru Japna, Guru ki rahit rakhni.

Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji (Poet of Guru Ji's court writes that he can sacrifice both the worlds over the One Beautiful Hair of Guru Ji.

Har do alam keemte,

Yak tar muye yar ma.

In "Tankhan Nama" he writes the order of Guru Ji to Sikh as:

Kangha dono waqt kar,

pag chune kar Bandh-ee.

"Pag Chune kar bandh-ee" mean a Sikh is to untie the turban layer bye layer and each time tie the turban laye by layer. Starching the turban and tying one day and then removing like Cap and using like this many day is not accepted. This is symbol of Laziness.

Poet Sainapat aka Saina Singh writes in Gursobha:

Huka n peeve, sis darhi n mundave

so to WaheGuru WaheGuru

Guru Ji Ka Khalsa.

Concept of keeping hair and beard unshorn was in practice long ago. Guru Gobind Singh Ji sealed it as a must

for his Singhs.

Bhai mani Singh Ji Shaheed writes in "Gyan Rattanavle" that when Bahi Mardana Ji started for preaching 1st time accepting the order of Guru Nanak Sahib, he asked for his advise from Guru Ji.

Guru Ji said:

1. Keep the hair unshorn.

2. Do Nam Simran rising early in the morning.

3. Serve the righteous persons who visit you.

When Bahi Nand Lal Puri came to Guru Har Rai Ji in village Galotia, on asking for advice Guru Ji said:

1. Keep hair unshorn.

2. Don't use tabacco.

3. Don't war cap.

When UNO came to know about the precepts of Guru's in Shri Guru Granth Sahib, it got some Banis translated in English and some other languages. When this compilation was ready, the great Research Scholar and historian of America, Mr. Tyanabi was selected to write its prface. An American woman asked Mr. Tyanabi that you have written about the persons of whole world, met person of different caste and creed, have understood their rites-customs and religious philosophies. On the basis of this experience can you tell me that who is the most beautiful person of the world?

Mr. Tyanabi immediately replied "A gursikh with Hair and open beard."

On hearing this she was astonished and immediately asked another question "Tell me that who is the most ugly person of the world?"

Mr Tyanabi replied by changing the first reply to some extent

"That Sikh who has shor (cut) his hair and beard"

Asa ki //:

Hukam maniai hovey parvan

ta khasmeh ka meha paesi.

Khasmeh bhave so kari,

manho chindia so phal paesi.

Ta dargeh paidha jaesi.

Babba Ji don't commit a murder of your hair.

If Guru can sleep on the floor for us and we cannot make a small sacrifice of Rugby? If you have passion for Rugby then play with your long hairs. Be the underdog and Guru will do Kirpa and you will become a role model, health and wealth will be at your feet.

Choice is yours, You want to be blessed by Guru and be famous?

OR

You want to be lost cut your hair and lose the Glory you are about to get in your future?

I am not trying to start an argument, which is mostly one sided since most of you only and only support keeping of hair, which I totally understand and respect.

I kept my hair until the 12 th grade, due to some reasons got them cut. I am not an amritdhari, but I chant his name whenever he comes to reside in my mind according to his own will.

But saying that you HAVE TO HAVE hair in order for the lord to ever have mercy on you, or bestowing his divine grace on any of his creations, is something I do not think is right.

Namdev, did he have hair?. A lot of other saints, those true lovers of the lord on whom the mighty lord bestowed his grace, some of whom did not keep hair. The great guru's say, do not engage in foolish arguments, by your saying and thinking (eg brahmins, pandits who became gurus by wearing a thread upon their body) your arguments are all false, inwardly pure in this kalyuga age, one in millions is truly pure, by chanting his name we may all be saved, not by the necessity to keep hair. Saying that, I fully understand our tenth guru asking us to keep hair and the other 4 gifts of his. I dance around in this world, as the The Maharaj, the sultan, my thakur wills me to dance.

When and if he shall command/will me to keep hair, I will humbly follow.

But nothing is more important than chanting his name.

Har Har

Vaheguru

I am not trying to start an argument, which is mostly one sided since most of you only and only support keeping of hair, which I totally understand and respect.

I kept my hair until the 12 th grade, due to some reasons got them cut. I am not an amritdhari, but I chant his name whenever he comes to reside in my mind according to his own will.

But saying that you HAVE TO HAVE hair in order for the lord to ever have mercy on you, or bestowing his divine grace on any of his creations, is something I do not think is right.

Namdev, did he have hair?. A lot of other saints, those true lovers of the lord on whom the mighty lord bestowed his grace, some of whom did not keep hair. The great guru's say, do not engage in foolish arguments, by your saying and thinking (eg brahmins, pandits who became gurus by wearing a thread upon their body) your arguments are all false, inwardly pure in this kalyuga age, one in millions is truly pure, by chanting his name we may all be saved, not by the necessity to keep hair. Saying that, I fully understand our tenth guru asking us to keep hair and the other 4 gifts of his. I dance around in this world, as the The Maharaj, the sultan, my thakur wills me to dance.

When and if he shall command/will me to keep hair, I will humbly follow.

But nothing is more important than chanting his name.

Har Har

Vaheguru

Namdev was a bhagat of Krishna , his compositions are part of the Gurbani because of his wisdom and learning , you just shouldn't take him as an example to defend yourself. My dear friend , today Sikhism doesn't need Keshdhari/Amritdhari men to defend the faith , it needs leaders , and leaders will be born in apt. environments where Sikhi will prosper and every single aspect about Sikhi is glorified , whether it is keeping hair or Naam Simran. Today the problem with Punjab is not politics as we often blame , the problem is about 80% rural Sikh Youth , who cut their hair , problem is with thousands of Sikhs outside Punjab who intermingle with typical U.P/Bihar filth , and forget who they are. Problem is with the youth who cut their hair , and call Keshdharis 'bhaapas' , problem is with Sikhs who keep fancy beards . I almost agree with whole of what you said , but I didnt like the way you defended yourself . A sikh's life starts with being a manmukh , and as He grows He slowly learns about Sikhi , Maryada and Rehat , and as He grows , He reaches a stage where he finally decided to give his Head to Dasam Patshah by taking Amrit. I have lived in 8 different districts in Punjab , and I have seen everything in front of my eyes. I have survived onslaughts of hundred of my fellow youth taunting my Sikhi , and when I grow up and see my Gur Maryada that was being followed by my family , I decided to take it forward , and thats what I am trying to do now , rest is GuruJi's agya .I always pity Sikhs who cut their hair . Problem is , you are a Sikh , and I am always afraid what an outsider will decipher about Sikhi when He sees you , would you explain to him , that you Jap Naam , whenever its His will? , no one has that much time , We are Sikhs , first look , and the world should know what we stand for. If you are a one bit Sikh , follow all the ten Gurus , especially the importance of Kesh as put by our 10th Guru , You are no one to choose whats good for yourself as long as their is a Guru who has already chosen the best for you. Waheguru.

Namdev was a bhagat of Krishna , his compositions are part of the Gurbani because of his wisdom and learning , you just shouldn't take him as an example to defend yourself.

Lemme just make one thing clear, My post was not to defend myself, it was just to make the sangat think from a broader prespective rather than just KEEP HAIR or BURN IN HELL.

Is there anyone in todays kalyug that loved the true Lord like Namdev did, or Kabir? Please get out of your preaching selves and become followers first.

I wasn't even in any conversation that I had to defend myself regarding anything. My choice is mine, your Choice.. Guru pyareo is entirely yours, thats what we think..lol..now dont we. But the truth is I am exactly how he wants me to be :) and you are exactly how he wants you to be. ;) Vaheguru.

I did not ever suggest that Namdev was a gursikh, the whole reason behind mentioning him was the post above me-->For Lord's love it is not a necessity to have hair, and IT IS WRITTEN NOWHERE or said nowhere that you cannot attain the lord without your hair.

My dear friend , today Sikhism doesn't need Keshdhari/Amritdhari men to defend the faith , it needs leaders , and leaders will be born in apt. environments where Sikhi will prosper and every single aspect about Sikhi is glorified , whether it is keeping hair or Naam Simran. Today the problem with Punjab is not politics as we often blame , the problem is about 80% rural Sikh Youth , who cut their hair , problem is with thousands of Sikhs outside Punjab who intermingle with typical U.P/Bihar filth , and forget who they are. Problem is with the youth who cut their hair , and call Keshdharis 'bhaapas' , problem is with Sikhs who keep fancy beards .

We are going astray from the point in hand, but I wholly agree with your view on this subject as I have commented on that'Punjabi youth gets beaten up" thread under General Category.

I almost agree with whole of what you said , but I didnt like the way you defended yourself .

My brother, you made a mistake thinking I am defending myself, mentioning a view point from a different angle does not mean they have the automatic liability to defend themselves regarding the same view point they just mentioned. Did I say i conside myself a gurmukh? You saadh sangat ji are 100 times great than I. I just realised his name some time ago while you I take it have been chanting his name for so many years. You are much much greater than what I am. I am a worm, not much different from the filth you talk about. There is or never was a comparison in the first place, then how can I defend it. :)

If it is HIS will to forgive me, then I may be saved.

A sikh's life starts with being a manmukh , and as He grows He slowly learns about Sikhi , Maryada and Rehat , and as He grows , He reaches a stage where he finally decided to give his Head to Dasam Patshah by taking Amrit. I have lived in 8 different districts in Punjab , and I have seen everything in front of my eyes. I have survived onslaughts of hundred of my fellow youth taunting my Sikhi , and when I grow up and see my Gur Maryada that was being followed by my family , I decided to take it forward , and thats what I am trying to do now , rest is GuruJi's agya .

8 districts..hmm. I was born in UAE, and I kept my hair till the time i was there, around 16 years. Talk about onslaught, let me just say that you were still in Punjab, and the term onslaught would be well defined if you were in a isolated place where your culture has no value to the locals there. You seem to be a lil mature, so I will let you imagine what it would have been like staying between sikh hating muslims.

I always pity Sikhs who cut their hair . Problem is , you are a Sikh , and I am always afraid what an outsider will decipher about Sikhi when He sees you , would you explain to him , that you Jap Naam , whenever its His will? , no one has that much time , We are Sikhs , first look , and the world should know what we stand for.

Umm..One peice of advice to you, dont pity others, pity yourself, the gurmukh way. I would not explain anything to anybody, I would just tell them that we worship the one Lord of the universe, and we believe in righteous living and day and night remembering of him. I amnotthe preaching kind, as it is not my placeto preach. Lord knows we have enough preachers already in sikhism, bring into that all the religions of the world....boyy...it gets confiusing, so I would just tell them to chant his NAME, NAAM, thats it.

If you are a one bit Sikh , follow all the ten Gurus , especially the importance of Kesh as put by our 10th Guru , You are no one to choose whats good for yourself as long as their is a Guru who has already chosen the best for you. Waheguru.

And Guru pyaare, learn from history and the bani, talk like that where you judge others not to be a sikh actually drives the sangat away, we have enough baba's using those lines, right from the 80's and where did that get the youth of punjab^^^right where you dont want them to be. The best place to start is chant his name, day night, everything will fall into place by itself. Not by anyones speeches, and yes...ONLY by his divine will. You or I are illetrate fools and we cannot understand and are not meant to understand why he does, what he does.

Dont make it so complicated, Chant Vahegurus, Har Har's NAAM.

Jin mastak turr Har likheya;

Tina Satgur mileya Ram Raaje

Ageyan Andhera Kateya;

Guru gyaan ghat baleya;

Har ladha ratan padarthon; fir bohor na chaleya

Jan Nanak naam aaradheya;

Aaradh HAR mileya.

Sri Guru Amar Das ji said you can chant and chant Har Har Har by your tongue thousands of times, that is not worshipping, you have to clean your heart, clean all the deep intentions of maya first, true love brother, true love for the lord is what we need for salvation, nothing else.

May the Lord bless us all to chant his name true from our hearts, just focused on to his great-self and keep it from wandering. May the Lord bless you all, and the lowly me, for only he know of what sins I have commited. Mercy Vaheguru. Mercy.

Bhul chuk maaf Guru pyaareo

We are humans, we will always make mistakes.

Amrit (referred to as deekhya in Guru Granth Sahib ji) is required and has it's importance repeatedly emphasized in the strongest most explicit possible terms in Bhai Gurdas ji's Vaars (one of the cannonical scriptures of our faith). Part of the deal that comes with Amrit is keeping uncut kesh. without Amrit, a person is not joined with the Guru, without a Guru a person cannot realisee God. This also is written in Gurbani. Feel free to search for it, I'm sure if you are persistent you will fid it.