Guru Jee Called a book!

Diljot Kaur

Also i agree that calling just Books is offensive.. they should have mentione "Sikh Holy Books" or Sikh Holy Scriptures"

Also if they call bible a book and they called Guru granth sahib jee a book.. it still shows that they gives equal respect, it's not a bad word.. It's about respect, not words that matters.. We need to be more practical rather than more -ve conservative (sorry but no other word can fit in).. And by this our guru jee won't certainly mind at all.. When i explain to my friends about guru granth sahib jee.. i start taht it's our holy book .. i don't know whats wrong with that word.. :@

when we talk about guru nanak dev je we dont say that man, or that banda

Veerjee.. calling "man" is not a formal word. Newspaper do not publish something like "this man killed this dude". man/dude/banda they all are slang and newspaper always avoid this..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if they call bible a book and they called Guru granth sahib jee a book.. it still shows that they gives equal respect, it's not a bad word..

The difference is that the Bible IS A BOOK, ONLY A BOOK.

they do not bow down to it - they Do not say

'Waho Waheho Bani NIRANKAR HAI'THe word 'Book' In my opinion is HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL

Agree with Khalistani veer ^_^

Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani ^_^

ITS OUR GURU THEY'RE CALLING A BOOK!

DO YOU BOW TO A BOOK OR A LIVING GURU? ^_^ :WW: :WW:

WAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JEE KI FATEH!

I disagree with Khalsa4Ever. It's not a book. To say that Guru Sahib is a book is taking away from Guru Sahib. When you take amrit you say Fateh to GURU SAHIB not a BOOK that is believed to be your Guru. Even having the mindset that Guru Sahib is a book is detrimental I think.

Also the Koran and the Holy Bible were not written by Mohammed or by Jesus. Guru Granth Sahib contains the JOT of all of the Guru's.

In my humble opinion it IS the ONLY source of the TRUTH. It is THE word of GOD.

Satgur kee bani SATH SATH Kar jano Gursikho!

...Har kartha AAP MOUHO kaddaai!!

Gurfateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ssk, I think you hit the point on the head. It is THE WORD OF GOD. That is what is important. The WORD.

May I ask, I know that many of us have gurbani, or the entire SGGS saved on our computers at home... then does our computer become Guru when the file is open? When we play Warcraft, is it still guru, or do we not consider it Guru?

I think the most fundamental part of this debate is finding out WHAT OUR GURU REALLY IS. If we think that the Guru is the written word, then our computers become as much of a Guru as the Sri Guru Granth Sahib itself.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ssk, I think you hit the point on the head. It is THE WORD OF GOD. That is what is important. The WORD.

May I ask, I know that many of us have gurbani, or the entire SGGS saved on our computers at home... then does our computer become Guru when the file is open? When we play Warcraft, is it still guru, or do we not consider it Guru?

I think the most fundamental part of this debate is finding out WHAT OUR GURU REALLY IS. If we think that the Guru is the written word, then our computers become as much of a Guru as the Sri Guru Granth Sahib itself.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guru Granth Sahib is Guru, True the word is powerful, but are u trying to say gurbani on a computer screen is as powerful as our living guru????

Downloading it onto our comp is different...completely different

You cannot compare the written Sri Guru Granth Sahib to a version we download to our desktop...Do we call the computer Guru?? Does the computer also carry the Jot that Sri Guru Granth Sahib does???? Unless im wrong, i don't think it does....think abou

t...completely different....anyone who calls Guru Granth Sahib a book should rethink what they are saying or they're retarded or they are uneducated...PERIOD!

Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well then, I ask, what is the difference? If we are meant to bow to the word of Waheguru, the compiled scriptures of our Gurus, are you saying that it makes a difference in what form they are presented? That the word of God somehow doesn't maintain its ability because it is on a computer screen instead of white-bleached pages?

The Jot of our living Guru exists in wherever the word of our Guru exists. There was a forum topic earlier where one noble Singh asked if we should bow to our PDAs if we are doing path from it... and the resounding answer is YES! Why? Because we bow to the knowledge, the words, the understanding.

If you think its OK to respect Guruji in paperback, but not on a screen, what are YOU bowing to?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

k, i agree khalsa4ever.. i'll remember to matha tekh to my computer the next time i boot up windows... i'll remember to matha tekh to my laptop next time i decide to record keertan onto it at a gurdwara or at a samagam... thank you for clearing up the confusion... oh and i'll go tell my gurdwara president to replace all Saroops with computers... after all, we are getting higher technology these days... might as well adapt, huh?