Chinese Man Speaks Amazing Punjabi!

Mehtab Singh

Wow !!!!!!! cool stuff.......buh we need to create Sikhs not Punjabis......it's a prime example how we've messed up sikhism big time. The guy does Japji Sahib and mentions turban and beard, even got a 'punjabi' name but hardly makes any reference to Sikhism, not his fault though...thats the way he's been brought up and taught and thats the way most of Sikh youth are being brought up, as punjabis first and as sikhs second.

On a positive note .......that was really cool, lol even his english accent was that of a punjabi and not of a chinese of malaysian.

Wow !!!!!!! cool stuff.......buh we need to create Sikhs not Punjabis......it's a prime example how we've messed up sikhism big time. The guy does Japji Sahib and mentions turban and beard, even got a 'punjabi' name but hardly makes any reference to Sikhism, not his fault though...thats the way he's been brought up and taught and thats the way most of Sikh youth are being brought up, as punjabis first and as sikhs second.

On a positive note .......that was really cool, lol even his english accent was that of a punjabi and not of a chinese of malaysian.

SSA.....

Why is it that we are used to looking at the world and its amazing happenings through some glasses of negativity and prejudism....

With commnts like above i feel that there is deep sense of insecurity within us...which is taking away the joy from everything we ought to see as normal occurances of the world.

Y do we need to rub of the topiv of Creating Sikh and not Punjabi....this was nt abt any religon or cast...i dont think this represnts messing up of Sikhi...Punjabi Pride is sumthing that unites punjabis from different religons or castes.....sumthing that u r seeing as a hindrance looks like a catalyst to me fo uniting us overlooking any differences. My family watched it with me we had good 5 mins of amusing time.!!!!!!

SSA.....

Why is it that we are used to looking at the world and its amazing happenings through some glasses of negativity and prejudism....

With commnts like above i feel that there is deep sense of insecurity within us...which is taking away the joy from everything we ought to see as normal occurances of the world.

Y do we need to rub of the topiv of Creating Sikh and not Punjabi....this was nt abt any religon or cast...i dont think this represnts messing up of Sikhi...Punjabi Pride is sumthing that unites punjabis from different religons or castes.....sumthing that u r seeing as a hindrance looks like a catalyst to me fo uniting us overlooking any differences. My family watched it with me we had good 5 mins of amusing time.!!!!!!

I too had a very nice time watching this video infact i wached it about 3-4 times and yes it was enjoying.

But why not discuss more about preaching Sikhism to world an getting people to come in the Sikhi fold? Why the hinderence?

Negativity and prejudism? If we can preach Punjabi and Punjabiyat etc and can be so ecstatic about it why are we allergic to preaching the most beautiful thing: Sikhi.....i doubt if that's a negative mindset. And prejudice ??? against whom??? I myself am Punjabi to the core but Sikh first and seriously i'v had enough of this Punjabi pride. I doubt there's much to be proud of Punjabiyat of today. BTW Guru Nanak dev ji and other gurus were also Punjabi.....did any of the patshahs brag about it?

The reason i mentioned about Sikhisim was coz i wanted to cite an example of our typical lifestyle where Sikhi has taken a backseat and Punjabi's kind of become our identity. That guy picked up Punjabi from a Sikh family .....but he mentions a guy with Turban and Beard as a typical Punjabi, why not Sikh? names himself Karam Singh and even learnt Japji Sahib and yet no reference to Sikhi. Why everything Sikh is being classified as merely Punjabi. I am often upset when Punjabi singers often mention Sikh symbols and personalities as Punjabi. Jazzy B, Gurdas Mann, Manmohan Waris tc they all've done it and Kamal Heer went to extent of comparing sacred Kara with petty Challas and Mundris. Shame on these ignorant fools.

You guys gotto realise Punjab's just a small province with a nice culture but Sikhi's universal. It's way of life and way way above these small terrotorial and national boundries. If at all 'Punjabi Pride' unites punjabis from different religions as u said, Sikhi unites people from all races,nationalities,cultures and religions and above all elimenates castes, which i doubt Punjabiyat does. So lets rise above this small territorial and cultural boundaries and think globally.

I thought Sikhi blessed Punjab and took it into it's fold but it seems we are hell bent on proving vice versa.