Jealousy Among Spiritual People

I was having a discussion with a Gurdwara Bhai Jee and we were discussing how jealousy(irkha) is killing the whole world. That Bhai Jee said that spiritual people are no less when it comes to jealousy. He said that amritdharis are also suffer from jealousy. They get jealous of each other's amritvelas, kirtan, bairaag during kirtan,lol. They will never disclose the details of their amritvela timings but will be eager to know the details about other's amritvela. They will force people to eat from their hands but wont eat anything when they visit somebody's house as they feel their kamayee will get less.

They will delibrately act dumb and ask u spiritual questions just to test u or judge ur kamayee.

Baba Hari Singh Jee Randhavey Valey is very humurous. He once said that " we sants are even more jealous of each other than u sansaari people are jealous of one another" hahahaha.

So true!

Now please tell me veerji, what time you get up for Amritvela and which Banis you do after the 5 Nitnem Banis?

Veer, amritvela ??? I hardly get up at amritvela. I am really lazy. main tan kade uthdaa he nahin, Bass guru sahib mehar karan mere varge nalayak te, hahaha

Bass tussin ardaas kariyo ke main ve tuhade taran amrtivela uthiya karaan.

====================================

This is the most popular answer I get when I ask somebody about their amritvela. hahahahaha. People are afraid that if they tell honestly about their amritvela, nazar lagg juu gee.

This is the most popular answer I get when I ask somebody about their amritvela. hahahahaha. People are afraid that if they tell honestly about their amritvela, nazar lagg juu gee

Thats because its true nazar lagdee ah, not nazar exactly but if you tell someone and feel proud of it or hankaari in someway you won't wake up at amritvela the next day this I can gurantee you. Being jelaous of another gursikh just makes you a moorakh but keeping your own nitnem and jaap gupt makes you smart.

Thats because its true nazar lagdee ah, not nazar exactly but if you tell someone and feel proud of it or hankaari in someway you won't wake up at amritvela the next day this I can gurantee you. Being jelaous of another gursikh just makes you a moorakh but keeping your own nitnem and jaap gupt makes you smart.

Pyare Veer, I get what u are saying and u are correct, that one must never try to come into the limelight and shud remain gupt. Having said that, some people delibrately try to act completely dumb and over-do this gupt thing. For example, a person who has just recently chakk amrit comes to you and asks you about amrtivela guidance. It is ur duty as a fellow amritdhari to guide him, to tell him that one should get up around 4 hours before sunrise, do gurmat ishaan, japp gurmantar and do 5 nitnem banis.

If u tell him that I know nuthing, i dont get up at amritvela, that will be a very wrong thing.

If u tell him that I know nuthing, i dont get up at amritvela, that will be a very wrong thing.
Naale tussi dassde vi ni :umm:

Veer, u seem to be more knowledgable about amritvela than me. Anyways, get up around 4 hours before sunrise, do ishnaan, japp gurmantar, recite nitnem. On sunrise, comb ur hair, tie ur dastaar, and go to Gurdwara, do darshan of ur Guru and sing gurbani(asa ki vaar). During the day, try to do paaths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Also do Sri Chandi Di Vaar during the day.

suaadh baadh eerakh madh maaeiaa ||

Tastes and pleasures, conflicts and jealousy, and intoxication with Maya

ein sa(n)g laag rathan janam gavaaeiaa ||3||

- attached to these, the jewel of human life is wasted. ||3||

Nice discussion Harinder Singh veerjee on the topic of eerkhaa jealousy. I think alot of us have eerkha like you said, "They get jealous of each other's amritvelas, kirtan,..." But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a good thing to get jealous so we increase our amritvela, learn keertan, etc. If I personally meet/see other gursikhs with a better amritvela and good at other gursikhi related things I get inspired to build myself and think to myself if he can do it why can't I? On the other side there maybe some like me who start to do nindya of those gursikhs too because they are jealous of their gursikhi. So like the other vikaars we need to direct this vikaar towards gursikhi, have more lobh/moh for naam, and direct our eerkhaa to educate our mind to better our jeevan.

I'll have to agree with kh@ls@ veerjee, on the point of ego being boosted when sharing our amritvelaa/bani, etc. and like you said he's 100% correct, at the same time we can't be pakhandi and not help out other fellow gursikhs.

My two cents, bhul chuk muaf.

suaadh baadh eerakh madh maaeiaa ||

Tastes and pleasures, conflicts and jealousy, and intoxication with Maya

ein sa(n)g laag rathan janam gavaaeiaa ||3||

- attached to these, the jewel of human life is wasted. ||3||

Nice discussion Harinder Singh veerjee on the topic of eerkhaa jealousy. I think alot of us have eerkha like you said, "They get jealous of each other's amritvelas, kirtan,..." But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a good thing to get jealous so we increase our amritvela, learn keertan, etc. If I personally meet/see other gursikhs with a better amritvela and good at other gursikhi related things I get inspired to build myself and think to myself if he can do it why can't I? On the other side there maybe some like me who start to do nindya of those gursikhs too because they are jealous of their gursikhi. So like the other vikaars we need to direct this vikaar towards gursikhi, have more lobh/moh for naam, and direct our eerkhaa to educate our mind to better our jeevan.

I'll have to agree with kh@ls@ veerjee, on the point of ego being boosted when sharing our amritvelaa/bani, etc. and like you said he's 100% correct, at the same time we can't be pakhandi and not help out other fellow gursikhs.

My two cents, bhul chuk muaf.

This "why cant I" is haumme. It will only bring khuaari.

These days at smagams, there are more people who want to do kirtan and less people to listen kirtan, hahaha. I know a person who does kirtan at smagams pretty regularly. He told me that " bhaaji these days people are even jeolous each other's bairaag , and try to beat each other in the bairaaagi kirtan", hahahaha

Then there is lots of jealousy between sarbloh bibekis and bibekis. Then if some singh gets married to a nri bibi, other singhs get jealous of it and try their best to get some nri ristha themselves.

If a singh is well educated, the less educated ones say" avein parraku jaa, jada siyaanna banndaa, jada samajh da aapne aap nu".

The well educated ones have problem with the desi dudes and say " avein un-parr je pendu je bande ne, gall karan de ve akal nahin".

If you think getting inspired to build one's jeevan is ego then I don't know what to say and please don't use words like khuaaree to sound complicated, if you don't know its meaning, khuaaree can mean being ruined forever. And any method used to build one's jeevan is not being ruined forever.