Jealousy Among Spiritual People

If you think getting inspired to build one's jeevan is ego then I don't know what to say.

pyaare veer jeeo,

u wrote that " if he can do it, why cant I? ". I feel this is haumme. According to me the correct way is " he is able to do it, only because Satguru jee is making him do it, I can also do it if Satguru jee does taras on me ". Nobody japps naam or keeps strong rehit by their own power, its all the daya of Satguru.

BANDA KUCH VE NAHIN HAI. Jo kuch ve hai, Satguru jee nee.

USTAT, nindiya, douu tiyagai, khojai pad nirbana.

Veerjee, that is only part of the solution, "God only helps those who help themselves" I don't want to get into the discussion of karma vs. free will because that's a never ending discussion.

Ofcourse, without guru sahib's daya you can't progress, it is ONLY with his kirpaa do we get closer to akaal purkh, vaheguru. At the same time you have to take uddam to do something about your state of being, if you keep saying it will only happen with guru sahib's kirpaa and not make an effort yourself you will stay at the same state. If you want to get somewhere you have to make the effort to move your body, otherwise you will never arrive at your destination. You have to keep making the attempt of doing more but keep in mind that its all due to the blessings of guru sahib and its not YOU that's doing it.

Veerjee, that is only part of the solution, "God only helps those who help themselves" I don't want to get into the discussion of karma vs. free will because that's a never ending discussion.

Ofcourse, without guru sahib's daya you can't progress, it is ONLY with his kirpaa do we get closer to akaal purkh, vaheguru. At the same time you have to take uddam to do something about your state of being, if you keep saying it will only happen with guru sahib's kirpaa and not make an effort yourself you will stay at the same state. If you want to get somewhere you have to make the effort to move your body, otherwise you will never arrive at your destination. You have to keep making the attempt of doing more but keep in mind that its all due to the blessings of guru sahib and its not YOU that's doing it.

God helps everyone. We moorakhs are just unable to understand that Akaal PUrakh is sada dyaal and is helping each and every being.

Having said that, one must be uddami, no doubt about it. But our uddam shud be aimed at getting closer to Akal Purakh and not to compete with another mortal. That is the reason I feel the statement " if he can do it, why cant I?" has haumme in it.

If u see someone doing a 5 hour amritvela, u shud try to do the same to get near to Akaal purakh and not to compete with that person.

pehla kehna "bhul chuk muaf" fer apni bhul nai mannani :p

donne jaane gal nu hor paase laigey...

Jealousy and being inspired are two different things.

Eerkha is when u *can't take the fact* they are so good (pachdi nai.. indegestion)

Inspired by someone is when you look and say *vah*! Two different things.

Another way to look at it: You can be inspired by a friend, but not jealousy.. as you would be happy for your friend huna? ie: chaa charrhjana

Sorry for going off topic.

pehla kehna "bhul chuk muaf" fer apni bhul nai mannani :p

donne jaane gal nu hor paase laigey...

Jealousy and being inspired are two different things.

Eerkha is when u *can't take the fact* they are so good (pachdi nai.. indegestion)

Inspired by someone is when you look and say *vah*! Two different things.

Another way to look at it: You can be inspired by a friend, but not jealousy.. as you would be happy for your friend huna? ie: chaa charrhjana

Sorry for going off topic.

Exactly inspiration and jealousy are different feelings . Thats why I wrote that the statement " if he can do it, why cant I?" isnt inspiration but haumme. Inspiration is when one says " wow, he is so good, ohhh Satguru jee, please do daya on me so that I can become good like him".

To you its haumai, to me its inspiration :)

Veerjee, are you such an antarjami that you can tell what I feel or say? If you think I'm saying that in ego, then you can beleive what you want to beleive. The reason why I said "why can't I", is not out of ego, how can someone obtain akaal purkh out of ego?? I said "why can't I" do such an uddam to jap more naam, or keep certain rehats?? From personal experience I've noticed that the more I try to strengthen my jeevan the more he inspires me and does his kirpaa. There's never a black and white answer in gursikhi, which you guys are trying to prove, you may have a different idea than someone else's, it doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong, it could be you're both right because of your individual experiences.

Anyways, I'm not gonna talk more on this as I thought this topic was good until it got led completely off-track and kind of reminded me of why I don't get into discussions anymore.

To you its haumai, to me its inspiration :)

Veerjee, are you such an antarjami that you can tell what I feel or say? If you think I'm saying that in ego, then you can beleive what you want to beleive. The reason why I said "why can't I", is not out of ego, how can someone obtain akaal purkh out of ego?? I said "why can't I" do such an uddam to jap more naam, or keep certain rehats?? From personal experience I've noticed that the more I try to strengthen my jeevan the more he inspires me and does his kirpaa. There's never a black and white answer in gursikhi, which you guys are trying to prove, you may have a different idea than someone else's, it doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong, it could be you're both right because of your individual experiences.

Anyways, I'm not gonna talk more on this as I thought this topic was good until it got led completely off-track and kind of reminded me of why I don't get into discussions anymore.

Alright pyare veer! I can get what u are saying and u are correct. Kindly pardon this neech insaan like me for going off-track. If u feel inspired from a fellow sikh, thats great.

I was having a discussion with a Gurdwara Bhai Jee and we were discussing how jealousy(irkha) is killing the whole world. That Bhai Jee said that spiritual people are no less when it comes to jealousy. He said that amritdharis are also suffer from jealousy. They get jealous of each other's amritvelas, kirtan, bairaag during kirtan,lol. They will never disclose the details of their amritvela timings but will be eager to know the details about other's amritvela. They will force people to eat from their hands but wont eat anything when they visit somebody's house as they feel their kamayee will get less.

They will delibrately act dumb and ask u spiritual questions just to test u or judge ur kamayee.

Gurfatehji,

I personaly feel that this irkaa means competing to be superior iin the spiritual world... there is nothing bad about this because this is positive irkhaa.. only there should be no HAUMEI..

Do forgive me if you all think i am wrong!

I do not think one should be too surprised with the irkhaa that carries on in gurdwars or amongst Gursikhs. One has to be very very wary of the panj chore and their accomplices, which irkhaa is one.

As you Naam jap then you have to be even more on your guard as one starts to get hummai of ones own simran. This is prevalent in all walks of life, and even in Gursikhi, where people will show how much bairaag they get, or how loud they can do simran at a smagam or who has the biggest khanda on his/her dastaar. Even sadhus and sants get this (not the True ones obviously) and they compete with each other.

So how do we get past this?

Humility is one, sewa , but also always be on ones guard. Also at ardaas time always say that “nothing is mine, O’ Guru Nanak Dev Ji everything is yours – my house is yours, my car is yours, my job is yours, my family is yours, my tann/mann/dhann is all yours, you only give to me as a blessing and can take it away at any time. This way your haumaai is kept in check.

Having said that it is quite amusing to see how some people act and how they try to gain info of others. But again I would say that one shouldn’t paint just amritdahris with this, it happens too all people and armitdahris are prone to the same laalach , it is only thee very very very few who are safe from the net of maya, by Guru Ji’s grace.