Running Away From Home

Guest girl

How can you prepare for it when you have absolutely no clue what awaits you out there.

I have a semblance of a plan. Have had for a long time now. Was hoping i wouldn't have to use it. But it appears i do. Really I just wanted to know the anectodes of people who have been in like situations, and who have clearly survived else they won't be online posting on forums.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhainjee, personally, I think there's a solution to every problem, but every situation is different. If its affecting the safety/well being of you and/or your family member then yea you should. Have you tried seeking counselling from a professional counsellor, I would suggest to see one whom you or your family doesn't know and see what they think, they have experience in these types of situations. BUT, if you think that running away is the ONLY solution then its best to possibly do a search online for stories of people running away from home and their experiences, I don't think anyone here has ever run away from home so they wouldn't be able to tell you, but I'd advise doing some research before you go through with it.

Secondly, make sure you have it planned out, you have enough finances to cover your move, etc. Maybe you want to leave a note back? These are all questions you want to ask yourself. You're an adult now and can make your own decisions and live life how you want to live not how you're told to live.

If you decide to go through, make sure you do ardaas and understand the hukamnama it can only help you.

Guest _lost_
Hi

I'm a 19 year old punjabi girl in the UK. Not the best of sikhs, neither the most informed. But not an ignorant lost girl. I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay. I'm not here to justify why i want to run away from home, neither am i asking advice on how to deal with my home situation.

I just want to know, from the sangat, if anyone has ever run away from home. What preparations they made? What was their destination? Did they manage to survive successfully? Were they tracked? How did they set about creating a new life?

This is a serious post, hopefully the Mods can appreciate that. And yes, i do plan to leave alone.

Thanks for taking the time.

In any given circumstance do not make this mistake. My brother's best friend's sister ran away when I was in middle school, so much drama took place that it was not even funny. Then my best friend ran away and her influence on me was that I ran away as well but today every girl which ran away from their home is regretting it big time.

I regret the most, as parent's always look for your bright future and ristrict us but in this sometimes they over do things.

This is all from experience.

REMEMBER my words eventually you will regret of your actions.

Because I was run away and to the guy I married, his family knew it well that I cannot go back so they were at their best giving me hard times and the day I wanted to move out my so called hubby started to do drama by drinking and putting DAL bowl over his head and this went on for long time and finally I had to call my brother and he came and rescued me.

Yes think think think before you tak any step. If you have problems at home then in today's world all problems can be solved. If anyone in the family is causing nusense then call the authorities on him/her you don't have to be victim but stay in your place and fight the situation everyone will respect you for taking your stand.

running away will mean you are turning your back on a lot of people. do they all desrve you turning your back on them? one may be bad, two even, maybe even three, but is everyone in your life deserving of this.

if your life is in danger at home, or some violent event is about to take place, etc, then its your duty to protect others who may be harmed by it in your house.

talk to a teacher at school. talk to a trusted relative. be strong.

good luck.

peace.

Guest shastr
Hi

I'm a 19 year old punjabi girl in the UK. Not the best of sikhs, neither the most informed. But not an ignorant lost girl. I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay. I'm not here to justify why i want to run away from home, neither am i asking advice on how to deal with my home situation.

I just want to know, from the sangat, if anyone has ever run away from home. What preparations they made? What was their destination? Did they manage to survive successfully? Were they tracked? How did they set about creating a new life?

This is a serious post, hopefully the Mods can appreciate that. And yes, i do plan to leave alone.

kbIr kUkru rwm ko muqIAw myro nwau ] gly hmwry jyvrI jh iKMcY qh jwau ]74]

"Kabir kookar raam ko, motiya mero naoh, galle hamare jevari, jeh kinchai teh jaoh"

I ran away once...

I was so sick of my dad and his controlling problems that I had a fight with him and ran away...

I couldn't think about taking my clothes with me or anything else because really I was too angry to think about these things and I wasn't expecting to run away anyways...

I was so maddddddd so maddd that I just kept driving and hadn't a clue where I was going...

To my luck I saw a nishan sahib and knew a Gurudwara must be coming up on the way...I went into the Gurudwara...It was Maharaj ji's plan to keep me driving his way...

I went into the Gurudwara...And you know what... Path was going on and the first thing I heard through Gurbaani was:

"Let go of that ego you fool, why are you wasting time involving yourself with other people, you are here to jap naam, don't waste time in getting angry over things/people, these things will make you a coward who doesn't have the strength face situations and accept the lord's HUKAM, recite the naam of the lord and you will find peace"

I sat in the Gurudwara sahib for six hours, I believe...It was worth it...

Then Maharaj ji gave me a thought about my mom...about how hard life will be for her without me...She'll be in a horrible state...That was it...I did Matha Tek and thanked Waheguruji for pulling me towards him...and went home...

Overall...my run away plan was a flop...

However, life changed! Maharaj ji was right...reciting naam is actually peaceful...

You should try it...It's not about if you understand Gurbaani or not...It's about trying at first and then trust me Gurbaani itself will reveal its meaning to you...and you'll love it...

Start off with saying waheguru for 10 mins a day...it'll flip over your life for the good...

Hi

kbIr kUkru rwm ko muqIAw myro nwau ] gly hmwry jyvrI jh iKMcY qh jwau ]74]

"Kabir kookar raam ko, motiya mero naoh, galle hamare jevari, jeh kinchai teh jaoh"

you must have write the meaning of the above ang yaar................nyways let me do that

kabeer kookar raam ko mutheeaa maero naao ||

Kabeer, I am the Lord's dog; Moti is my name.

galae hamaarae jaevaree jeh khinchai theh jaao ||

There is a chain around my neck; wherever I am pulled, I go. ||

Hi

In any given circumstance do not make this mistake. My brother's best friend's sister ran away when I was in middle school, so much drama took place that it was not even funny. Then my best friend ran away and her influence on me was that I ran away as well but today every girl which ran away from their home is regretting it big time.

I regret the most, as parent's always look for your bright future and ristrict us but in this sometimes they over do things.

This is all from experience.

REMEMBER my words eventually you will regret of your actions.

Because I was run away and to the guy I married, his family knew it well that I cannot go back so they were at their best giving me hard times and the day I wanted to move out my so called hubby started to do drama by drinking and putting DAL bowl over his head and this went on for long time and finally I had to call my brother and he came and rescued me.

Yes think think think before you tak any step. If you have problems at home then in today's world all problems can be solved. If anyone in the family is causing nusense then call the authorities on him/her you don't have to be victim but stay in your place and fight the situation everyone will respect you for taking your stand.

Im sorry to hear what happened to you bhainji. But i would like to stress, this entire situation is not even remotely connected a boy, or boyfriend or marriage notions. Neither has any of my friends ever run away, so i can safely say it's not a direct influence. It really is a last, and ugly, option. But thank you for sharing your story.

In the UK, you can be easily tracked........

Why do you want to run away?

There isn't much i'd like to explain except the threat of imminent violence and someone else in my family having to pay for my mistakes if i stay.

In terms of tracking, what are you trying to imply? Any info is good info.

I ran away once...

I was so sick of my dad and his controlling problems that I had a fight with him and ran away...

I couldn't think about taking my clothes with me or anything else because really I was too angry to think about these things and I wasn't expecting to run away anyways...

I was so maddddddd so maddd that I just kept driving and hadn't a clue where I was going...

To my luck I saw a nishan sahib and knew a Gurudwara must be coming up on the way...I went into the Gurudwara...It was Maharaj ji's plan to keep me driving his way...

I went into the Gurudwara...And you know what... Path was going on and the first thing I heard through Gurbaani was:

"Let go of that ego you fool, why are you wasting time involving yourself with other people, you are here to jap naam, don't waste time in getting angry over things/people, these things will make you a coward who doesn't have the strength face situations and accept the lord's HUKAM, recite the naam of the lord and you will find peace"

I sat in the Gurudwara sahib for six hours, I believe...It was worth it...

Then Maharaj ji gave me a thought about my mom...about how hard life will be for her without me...She'll be in a horrible state...That was it...I did Matha Tek and thanked Waheguruji for pulling me towards him...and went home...

Overall...my run away plan was a flop...

However, life changed! Maharaj ji was right...reciting naam is actually peaceful...

You should try it...It's not about if you understand Gurbaani or not...It's about trying at first and then trust me Gurbaani itself will reveal its meaning to you...and you'll love it...

Start off with saying waheguru for 10 mins a day...it'll flip over your life for the good...

How old were you?