Resist The Devil

Sorry bhenji/bhaji, i thought it was sort of self explanatory. Just replace the words that do not relate to us.

For example,

- 'the devil' - could be the five theives, kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankar, maya

- 'Christ' - we would replace as maharaj - god

- the bit where it says not to argue with satan, i kind of look at it as our not arguing with our theives or maya - instead read bani etc, makes sense?

I personally like the bit where it says not to argue with satan (maya) because he/she has a lot of practice. So true! May has been in existence way before we were even created...Sometimes we may justify our actions that were a result of us giving in (in a sense) to our theives..and we may argue 'oh but it is ok' etc maya is so clever that it will make us think it is ok...by quoting bani will make us realise or blatently tell us...am i making sense? :/

When it mentions memorising the Bible - we can memorise bani quotes to help us keep in check.

They have quoted from Ephesians of how to resist this evil - you just chant the word of god. Maharaj has told us this...that's why i found it all mostly relevant. It made sense to me..thought hopefully it made sense to someone else too.

I guess you take what you want from it..and hopefully is helpful! :)

right on.

have baani(word of God) engrained into our minds. so when we are tempted to become bemukh from satguru, we remember baani and stay away from avguns(devil), or panj chors.

peace.

kill a musalmaan where you see him...lol

The first pointer in Gurbani is everyone is equal, all men etc.

Wake up.

it's true, from the lips of Guru Gobind Singh ji to the pen of Bhai Nand Lal ji, though i think he says "turk", which sometimes gets translated as "muslim" and other times simply as "enemy" or "barbarian".

Chaupai

He is a Khalsa who refrains from scurrilous talk

He is a Khalsa who in fighting never turns his back (44)

He is a Khalsa who gives gifts to charity

He is a Khalsa who slays Muslims (44a)

He is a Khalsa who triumphs over the five evils

He is a Khalsa who despises the Bahman rituals (45)

He is a Khalsa who abandons pride

He is a Khalsa who avoids anothers woman (46)

He is a Khalsa who does not look covetously on anothers wife or property

He is a Khalsa who repeats the divine Name (47)

He is a Khalsa who loves the hymns of the Guru

He is a Khalsa who fights face to face (48)

Dohara

He is a true Khalsa who recognises that the creation is the Creator’s and for this reason does not cause it harm.

If anyone should cause harm to this creation, Nand Lal, the Creator is filled with wrath (49)

Chaupai

He is a Khalsa who supports the needy

He is a Khalsa who destroys the oppressor (50)

He is a Khalsa who repeats the divine Name

He is a Khalsa who fights his enemy (51)

He is a Khalsa who absorbed in the divine Name

He is a Khalsa who breaks free from that which binds him (52)

He is a Khalsa who knows how to ride a spirited steed

He is a Khalsa who is always fighting battles (53)

He is a Khalsa who carries weapons

He is a Khalsa who smites the Turks (54)

He is a Khalsa who upholds Dharam

He is a Khalsa who bears a canopy over his head (54a)

note: i am not advocating the killing of anyone based on religion, i'm just sharing information.

hmm there is something that I believe I red in a old rehit(nama?), where it says not to debate with a muslmaan

we shouldnt debate as we are open to all faiths and we talk bout god. fowarding naam. i have a lot of muslim mates as i try to not distinguish between any of gods'z jot and i can have a good chat with them about god as there arnt many sikhs in my uni! they are all sharabiz!!

anyway, a muslim will always try to slander all but islam, and he will try to look at where s/he could put the ideas of islam in you. they dont move from their ground. they are not poen minded. and they will stick together. in gurbani i rember it saying somthing like, 'they have a heart of wax.' its there, but it will melt for silly reasons to do with their relegion. they will use you. it tells this to them in their koran. it slanders all relegions and says only islam is the way. (used to be able to give quotes!!!>>its amazing wots on you tube!! :D )

tru muslims are all bout god. but muslims that warp the koran, which is the majority, are chalaak! they think kafer is all non muslins.. its not!! it means non believer!

but how many muslims tell you that it means non believer in god?? and it dont mean non believer in islam? this is the worp.

i use an analogy! its good, but funny..

you have an indian and a muzi.

you tel each of them to take 2 objects and put them together.

the muslim will put it on top of each other,while the indian dude will put it side by side.

its still 2!!

but in a totally different way..

this is the best way i can explain muslims and indians.

muslims want war. from wot i remember, it even tells them how to prepare for war in the koran...they will kill all men, take the war 'booty' and the children. what is this bout??..

this is why deep convo is,kind of, taboo for a sikh to a muslim. this is y the old rehet nama sed wot it sed bout leason with muslims.

BUT!!

you can learn alot from em!! i learnt urdu, arabic, persian(farsi), from them! cus it was free to learn from them! y did i wana learn it? cus of dasam pitas bani. i want to under stand it.

it has helped alot!

learn from them. think its called vistaar or summing..

after all, we are sikh! :lol:

shia muslims are supposed to be beter then suni. and sufis beter than shias.

hope i aint sed anything controverial!!

maf karna!

gurfateh!

kill a musalmaan where you see him...lol

The first pointer in Gurbani is everyone is equal, all men etc.

Wake up.

it's true, from the lips of Guru Gobind Singh ji to the pen of Bhai Nand Lal ji, though i think he says "turk", which sometimes gets translated as "muslim" and other times simply as "enemy" or "barbarian".

Chaupai

He is a Khalsa who refrains from scurrilous talk

He is a Khalsa who in fighting never turns his back (44)

He is a Khalsa who gives gifts to charity

He is a Khalsa who slays Muslims (44a)

He is a Khalsa who triumphs over the five evils

He is a Khalsa who despises the Bahman rituals (45)

He is a Khalsa who abandons pride

He is a Khalsa who avoids anothers woman (46)

He is a Khalsa who does not look covetously on anothers wife or property

He is a Khalsa who repeats the divine Name (47)

He is a Khalsa who loves the hymns of the Guru

He is a Khalsa who fights face to face (48)

Dohara

He is a true Khalsa who recognises that the creation is the Creator’s and for this reason does not cause it harm.

If anyone should cause harm to this creation, Nand Lal, the Creator is filled with wrath (49)

Chaupai

He is a Khalsa who supports the needy

He is a Khalsa who destroys the oppressor (50)

He is a Khalsa who repeats the divine Name

He is a Khalsa who fights his enemy (51)

He is a Khalsa who absorbed in the divine Name

He is a Khalsa who breaks free from that which binds him (52)

He is a Khalsa who knows how to ride a spirited steed

He is a Khalsa who is always fighting battles (53)

He is a Khalsa who carries weapons

He is a Khalsa who smites the Turks (54)

He is a Khalsa who upholds Dharam

He is a Khalsa who bears a canopy over his head (54a)

note: i am not advocating the killing of anyone based on religion, i'm just sharing information.

where is this thing in blu ^^ where is it written?

the tankha nama? or where?? can you please post the document?? the non translated version??

thanku!