Why Is It....

Babbar_Singhsta

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

basicly the thing/problem is that my parents * mostly mum * keeps starting over things like why i wear a kirpan

i'v bin wearin all panj kaakaars 4 afew weeks nw n keepin my rehat like waking up at amritvela doin nitnaam etc

nw they dnt like me wearing dhummalye shastars bcos the police is gna tke me away or am goin 2 get in 2 sum pangaye.

Also she thinks i wear them 4 show but i dont i just wher them as much as i possibly can (bein at the gurdwara,gatka etc nt college )

and nw der was a big agrument wher i had sed y dnt u jus cut my hair if its dat much of a pain? bla bla bla she repiled i didnt grow u dis big 2 cut ur hair bla bla bla and on with her with a crying face on,didnt eat tht nyt n jus stuff like tht any1 in the sangat any advice?? i wear a kirpan bcos i wnt 2 keep my panj kaakaar on me at all times and do my panj baniya but nw dey think its 4 show or wteva plz any1?

Its called Kalyug,

"If someone practices Truth, he is frustrated; prosperity does not come to the home of the sincere. If someone chants the Lord’s Name, he is scorned. These are the signs of Kali Yuga"

its a test brother dont worry what your mother says, are you a sikh of Guru Gobind Singh or a sheep who will follow others? keep faith and remain strong you will get through it.

Just be careful that you don't fall prey to anger, arrogance, ego, pride, and become a hot-headed stubborn individual. Because if you do, you lose the plot. These vikaars will come back to haunt you with full force in future, so crush their head now itself. No matter what you are faced with, accept it as Hukam and keep doing Ardas. The moment you tell yourself "I am going to do what I like no matter what", thats the end of you. Rather, say "Guru Maharaj, I am powerless, You make me do what You want me to do", and He will save you. These situations are tests, whether you become a stubborn egoist and push your way through, or whether you submit to Guru Sahib and let Him carry you through.

I can understand...Parents are a big STOP in this path sometimes...But I start begging in front of my mom when she becomes kind of stubborn-ish... so she eventually agrees to let me go to the Gurudwara...I think of it as begging in front of a "mother who is no other than Guru Nanak Dev Ji's himself trying to test me"...So it's not hard for me to beg in front of her...

Guest __singh__

VJKKVJKF

i would reccomend wearing a smaller kirpan and maybe totally stop wearing dummalla shastar just for a while .. and concentrate strongly on your bani eventually your parents will realise that your serious about sikhi and at that point you can carry on wearing shastar

just a thought

VJKKVJKF

Finally someone wo feels my pain! My mum dont let me either. My dads ok with it but my mums always like Youre to small and junk like that. Ive learnt to kinda overcome and i always tie my dumalla in front of her. She sometimes tells me to take it off but she's getting used to it. Sometime soon, I shall wear it always!! :hi5

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

thanks 4 all the sangats views it sorted out nw i had a chat wid her and shes kinda ok wid it but not really inside but uno maharaj is der ud nt reli need any1 but then again we shud listen 2 our parents....chal dekhi jao thanks 4 all t he posts really helped

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA ,WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH stay in chardi khala sangat ji! :1singh1:

hey guys? are you amritdhari yet? isn't that the first step... shastars should come after, shoudn't they? i mean, it's a HUGE responsibility to carry a kirpan. why is it so important to do so before taking amrit?

is this a new trend? or is it common in the UK? my husband's family in india treat the kirpan with so much respect, so much reverence, the thought of someone who wasn't ready for amrit to be wearing one is almost sacrilegious to them. it's only recently i've heard of this.

no offence, and i'm sure you guys are really mature and all, i'm more curious about the trend in general. i mean, shouldn't amrit come before shastars?

and if you're already amritdhari and your mom says not to wear it, then forget everything i said. follow Guru ji first, mom second.