Udaasi Sadhu S

adina

Gur Fateh Ji !

I was hoping if someone could get me some info on Udaasi Sadhu s, like who are they actually and why do they come on this earth if they are gonna be sad all the times and etc etc........

I hope i will get some info soon cz i really really need it and i cant seem to get info on this from any of the adults I know...all i wanna know about is Udaasi Sadhu s thats all.........

Gur Fateh Ji !

bump...

.... come on khalsa ji, we need more info about this topic. theres gotta be somebody on here who knows more about them...

what kind of info are you looking for?

they don't have families or jobs. they don't take amrit or wear panj kakkars. they don't feel the need to honor Guru ji's hukam to keep uncut hair (though some do). they follow the path chosen by Siri Chand... the path that made Guru Nanak Dev ji skip over his own son when choosing the second Guru.

they consider Guru Nanak Dev ji to be an avatar of Vishnu. and they think Siri Chand was an avatar of Shiva. they mix hindu mythology with Sikh philosophy, and like most so-called "sanatan sikhs", they do not see a clear boundry between Sikhi and Hinduism.

they're absolutely not part of the Khalsa panth, and i personally don't see them as Sikhs, though "sanatan" sikhs consider them to be Sikhs.

do you have any specific questions? a google search will give you basic info... check www.udasi.org for their story. the nang site "<banned site filter activated>" will also have info on them, but i don't know how reliable it is.

i'm sure dhanna the jatt (or whatever his new name is) will now jump in and tell me what an idi0t i am, so please forgive me for any disruption that may cause. :)

Ok found something :p

Baba Sri Chand (1494-1629) was the eldest son of Guru Nanaak Dev ji. Sri Chand was a devoted Sikh and a saintly person, but unlike his father, he chose the life of an ascetic and renounciate yogi. After his father left this earthly plane, Baba Sri Chand stayed in Dera Baba Nanak and maintained Guru Nanaak Dev's temple. Here he established the Udasis sect who traveled far and wide to spread the Word of Nanaak.

so yea just as Gurmukh posted above ^ this sect was found by Baba sri chand ji.......er.......udasi...meaning they traveled....coz an udasi is a journey jus as Guru Nanak Dev Ji had gone on 4 udasi;s

well.......umm, they come to this Earth, coz.......... :umm: ...........Mahraj sends 'em :D ^ :gg:

"Here he established the Udasis sect who traveled far and wide to spread the Word of Nanaak."

how could someone who didn't live the life of a sikh spread the message of guru nanak far and wide?

it can be seen by presnet day udassis that the message that was spread was far from sikhi.

we have a picture in our house in punjab that says that guru arjun ji couldn't finish writing sukhmani sahib and came to baba sri chand for help. so as you can see, this is the nonsense being spread over there. please don't legitimize their nonsense here.

peace.

this sect was found by Baba sri chand ji.......er.......udasi...meaning they traveled....coz an udasi is a journey jus as Guru Nanak Dev Ji had gone on 4 udasi;s

i don't think udasi means they traveled. i think udasi means detached. udas is detachment from the world. basically the opposite of a householder.

this sect was found by Baba sri chand ji.......er.......udasi...meaning they traveled....coz an udasi is a journey jus as Guru Nanak Dev Ji had gone on 4 udasi;s

i don't think udasi means they traveled. i think udasi means detached. udas is detachment from the world. basically the opposite of a householder.

idk :6

i jus googled it :p

there are 2 typs of udasi

rkang ji is talking the udasi as in the journey udasi, which is one of the meanings

and jasleen penji, ur talking about the udasi as in the udasi sadhus.

ok, thanks guys. i think this should be a good amount of info....