Reading Bani From Laptop

TuhiNirankar

I copyed some bani form the internet to wordpad so i could read it from my laptop on long bus rides...........

so the question is "Is it disrespectful to read bani from a laptop while have shoes on?"

:6

I dont have gurmukhi font so its in english so its like a reminder so that i dont recite bani incorrectly, like i read from my memory the way to pronounce bani

?????????????????????????

pleaseeee tell me ur views to y u think its good or bad

but it gives me a chance to read extra bani and my clever mind has no way out becuz what else can i possibly do on a bus by my self!

I copyed some bani form the internet to wordpad so i could read it from my laptop on long bus rides...........

so the question is "Is it disrespectful to read bani from a laptop while have shoes on?"

I dont have gurmukhi font so its in english so its like a reminder so that i dont recite bani incorrectly, like i read from my memory the way to pronounce bani

but it gives me a chance to read extra bani and my clever mind has no way out becuz what else can i possibly do on a bus by my self!

hmm... when i read from my gutka on airplane or train rides, i slip my my feet out of my shoes. on the other hand, the floor of the bus is probably really dirty.

and if i'm reciting bani in my memory when i'm out somewhere, or listening to it when i drive, then i don't worry about taking my shoes off...

that's a tough question.

i guess i'd say listen to your heart, what is it telling you? i guess i feel like Guru ji is in the heart, he won't tell you wrong. it's our brains we have to watch out for. :)

even better, do ardas and take a hukam. i guess that should always be our first place to check. though i don't always remember that!

well 1st i wanna say as jasleen kaur penjii said listen to ur heart... bt i don think its disrespectful.... u can read bani wihout takin ur shoes off.... if u strt thinkin lik dis den dere is goin to b lot of things dat matters.. i don think dere is gud atmosphere to concentrate or meditate in bus or plane.... well in dis case i would suggest u to listen to shabads or gurbani or katha on ur ipod or recite gurbani in ur memory.... well bhul chuk maaf jiii....

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

sumtimes well mostly im running late so ill have time to finish my nitnem on the way there :BL: :BL: :BL:

usually my bus is pretty empt in the morning and i sit in the far back cuz i dont want anyone to see what im doing lol GUPT**!!

and then yea ill look at the screen and read in my head or whisper quietly

i enjoy my busrides! especially becuz im by myself its not like highskool where u cant get away from ur frends and hearing gossip environment

another thing is that sum ppl have good concentration in listening to bani me not so much my mind wonders everywhere and then ill fall alseep , WAKEUP and say anand sahib ALREADY?? becuz i was listening to jaap sahib when i was awake lol

well if you are worried about your shoes then you also gotta worry about your socks. are you gonna sit on the bus with your socks and shoes off in the middle of winter?

then you may want to wash your hands and feet too before you read.

just read the gurbaani. relax. gurbaani says meditate on naam sitting, standing, with every breath. nowhere does it say with bare feet with every breath.

in gurdwaras, i think its like this...what's the first thing you do when you go to someone's house? you take off your shoes. why? cause nobody wants your dirty shoe tracks on their carpets or floor. same goes for gurdwaras. if we wore shoes in the darbar, just imagine the clean-up effort required. its just common sense when we eneter guru ghar to take off our shoes, jsut as it is common sense to wear shoes on a bus, which i doubt is as clean as the carpet in your house or guru ghar.

take it easy.

peace.

another thing is that sum ppl have good concentration in listening to bani me not so much my mind wonders everywhere and then ill fall alseep , WAKEUP and say anand sahib ALREADY?? becuz i was listening to jaap sahib when i was awake lol

yea it hapens some time...with me too...so i prefer to read rather then listen.. :D

thanx dear siblings of destiny!

im so wrapped up in doubt i loose the essence of what im doing :(

just have to rmeind myself over and over again

its not the ammount of bani you read its the love u have while reading it

theres no point in saying i read X number of this bani if im doing for the sake of saying i did it

oh!! this one bhenji said to me "YOU KNOW HOW U GET MORE MONEY FOR WORKING OVERTIME SOO ILL MAKE MORE PROFIT IF I READ EXTRA BANI!!"

:)

bhul chuk maff

oh boy do i have alot to learn