The Ugardanti. What Is It And Where Can I Find A Document Of It Online?

alias

Hmm. So, I have only very recently come across this bani in my Tarna Dal gutka. I've never seen it in any Dasam Granthi pothi I've ever seen either.

Does anyone have any information on the date of composition? Why was it removed from the Dasam Granth, and when was it removed?

I must confess, though the bani is beautiful to read, I find some of the lines a little .. difficult. Though it's obvious that Durga is a creation of the Almighty, why would Guru Gobind Singh bow his head to a force that is inferior to Akal Purukh?

(By the way, please don't let this to degenrate into a debate of the veracity of Dasam bani.)

i have had this bani in my gutka berfore i created this post, i just wanted it in a word format. that aside...

each time we say vaheguru are we bowing down to vaasdev(vishnu), hari krishan, raam ji and gopal (gobind) (another dev)?

no!

cus sikhi takes vaheguru to be god and throught the guru, we get to god..

the same way that each time durga is mentioned, it is just another way (just in the same way god is allah raam etc...) that we can bow down to the power of god.

the word bhagauti

it is the same word. yet it has 3 meanings (there is only 1 meaning,god, but cus we are picky, theres 3.. :) )

in the ardaas at the start..

1st bhagauti = kirpaan (the power of god )

2nd bhagauti = again the power of god (this time,... the vaar of the power of god >>some ppl say durgas vaar which is kinda correct but itts about the battles)

3rd bhagauti = god.

i can post an mp3 of the bani.. its just the mp3 aint got the 6 doheras...

but jus learn em and pause the mp3!!

:)

gurfateh

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 8 compositions removed from those 32 Birs into the standard one where:

1. Sansahar Sukhmana

2. Vaar Malkauns Ki

3. Vaar Bhagauti Ji Ki

4. Sri Bhagwat Gita Bhakha Sri Gobind Singh Kirt

5. Raag Asa & Raag Sorith Patshahi Dasvin

6. Asfotak Kabits

7. Majh Patshahi 10

8. Chakka Bhagauti Ji Ka

I have got the "Raag Asa Patshahi Dasvin", "Raag Sorith Patshahi Dasvin", "Sansahar Sukhmana" and the "Vaar Malkauns Ki"

Other compositions that werent in those 32 Birs neither in the standard one include:

1. Fatehnama

2. Bhagauti Astotar

3. Sadd Lakhi Jungle (really small)

4. Bhagauti Astotar

5. Asfotak Kabit

6. Vaar Bhagat Bhagauti

7. Uggardanti

and many more

(I also got these 7 mentioned)

The Sodhak Committee came togheter between 1895-1897 and studied the 32 Dasam Granth birs that were circulating around Majha's Amritsar area at that time.

From them the standard Dasam Granth was made and 8 Bani's were removed.

Standard Dasam Granth contains 16 Banis (15 because 1, the Khalsa Mehma, is a Bani from Sarbloh Granth) and 8 Banis were removed. Means in all 32 Dasam Granth Birs togheter, 23 different Banis were present.

And Uggardanti was not part of these 23 Banis, thus was never "removed" by anyone, just not included in the standard bir.

So it must be contained in Pothis outside of Amritsar.

There are many Bani's likewise, that werent in the Amritsar area Dasam Granth's but were there in Dasam Birs of outside Amritsar or Punjab. (Uggardanti, etc)

what were the 8 bania that were left out??

uggardunti

maalkauns ki vaar

mukat maarag??

gobind gita????????????????

hanuman naatak???????????????((i know its not guru sahibs writing))

and wot else??????/

AND..

are there only 32 bir of dasam granth is that what you mean??

sunnybondsingh84 could you send thosee files to me???could you message me?

Mere veer, I've been doing research since some six months.. There are yet many other mysteries...

I'll eleborate on the many more soon ;)

If we got all Puratan Dasam Granth birs togheter and make 1 standard out of them (without REMOVING any of them) there will be about 30 compositions atleast!

besides that 2 tiny "Granths" are also attributed to Guru Ji : Mukt Marg Granth and the Poornmashi Katha.

These are seperate to the Dasam Granth and the Sarbloh Granth.

Valli Singh veerji, thanks for the love, but I'm no scholar.

I just read up history, listen to Kathas, ask to knowledgable people like kam1825 on this site, and from there my "research" was succesfull.

Alias veerji, currently my Bhuaji has my Das Granthi, I will scan it asap. I also have the pdf of the Das Granthi you are talking about.

What I really want is that all Panth gathers and makes one big Dasam Granth volume with all Banis (Standard Banis + 8 removed Banis + those dozen or more Bani's from other Puratan Birs)

It may be that 1 or 2 from all those Bani's that arent mainstream, aint of Guru Sahib but of their court poets, but the chance is very small and can only be the case in 1 or 2 Banis, but Brahmgyanis will see it immediately when they will be making 1 Dasam Granth Bir.