Inter Racial Relationships ...........

adina

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love is meant to uplift you. If you say you "FELL" in love, ask yourself whats it you "FELL" into.

yes bt then thats where the society and parents come into consideration along with religion.......

if love is to uplift someone why does it lead to people actually going crazy rather than building positive relationships that help each other ????????

Most, if not all, who have inter-religious marriages are usually passive in their faith anyway. I have yet to see a religious practicing Sikh marry someone of another faith. First of all, it just doesn;t make sense. Why would you want to create such a confusing situation. What will happen with the children? Will one take amrit and the other read nimaz? That's probably why it's mentioned in hukamnamas, and also in the Rehit Maryada (I speak of the Maryada practiced by Taksal, not sure if the SRM mentions this) that a Sikh should marry his daughter to only a Sikh of the Guru (don't start locating the loop-holes, relaize the intention of the words).

Even inter-racial would not be that beneficial for social reasons. I mean, sure, if both are Gursikhs and can manage racial differences, then go ahead.

if love is to uplift someone why does it lead to people actually going crazy rather than building positive relationships that help each other ????????
Thats the fault in people, not in love :)
Even inter-racial would not be that beneficial for social reasons. I mean, sure, if both are Gursikhs and can manage racial differences, then go ahead.
Exactly. Inter-racial marriage between GurSikhs can be better than marriage between 2 Punjabi GurSikhs. It all depends on the individuals in the end.

Thats the fault in people, not in love :)
Exactly. Inter-racial marriage between GurSikhs can be better than marriage between 2 Punjabi GurSikhs. It all depends on the individuals in the end.

i so totally agree with u ... idk why bt i just do ... :)

That's probably why it's mentioned in hukamnamas, and also in the Rehit Maryada (I speak of the Maryada practiced by Taksal, not sure if the SRM mentions this) that a Sikh should marry his daughter to only a Sikh of the Guru.

yes , it's in every rehat maryada. it's also mentioned in the grand father of all maryadas (and my personal gold standard), the 52 hukams of Guru Gobind Singh ji. :)

even manmukhs like me can make an inter-racial marriage work with a gursikh husband (i'm so blessed :D ).

:p

Sikhi is a global religion. Many of the cultural habits and hypocratic lifestyles of punjabi/indian sikhs are prohibiting the spread of sikhi as a global religion.

I personally would love to marry a gori amritdhari bibi than somebody from punjabi culture.

So if there is some rishta of a gori bibi for a browny like me, please contact my parents as I am too shy, sharmeelaa to talk about my own marriage.

I dont know why God has made me soo cute and soo sharmeelaa, hahaha

Sikhi is a global religion. Many of the cultural habits and hypocratic lifestyles of punjabi/indian sikhs are prohibiting the spread of sikhi as a global religion.

I personally would love to marry a gori amritdhari bibi than somebody from punjabi culture.

So if there is some rishta of a gori bibi for a browny like me, please contact my parents as I am too shy, sharmeelaa to talk about my own marriage.

I dont know why God has made me soo cute and soo sharmeelaa, hahaha

lol veer ji!

actually i would love that too!marrying a gora singh bt then my parents will go nuts and make my life a living hell so yea

dreams ar best left as dreams lol......... :rolleyes: