Sangat Ji - Really Stuck - Can't Keep A Job

LifeIsBeautiful

WJKK WJKF,

Dear Sangat Ji, I am not sure if someone's put jaduu on me or something, or it is my maari kismet, I was working for the government for the past 2 years. And in the last 4 months, I have been fired from 2 jobs, I was just fired today and not sure of what to do.

Is there any gurbani to help me through this, not sure of what to do,

WJKK WJKF,

Dear Sangat Ji, I am not sure if someone's put jaduu on me or something, or it is my maari kismet, I was working for the government for the past 2 years. And in the last 4 months, I have been fired from 2 jobs, I was just fired today and not sure of what to do.

This is just the beginning. In the very near future, most people are going to loose jobs and the entire economy is going to crumble.

U need to read the book "The Good Life" by Scott and Helen Nearing. This book is a must read for all anakhi sikhs.

WJKK WJKF,

I was also having a great deal of trouble with my job. After completing my degree recently, I joinned a web development company for which I used to work part time earlier. Those people made me work for 54 hours a week and I left the job just in 15 days. Then I joined another company and left that job in 7 days. I dint want to work like a donkey and waste my human life. I started to do 2 sukhmani paaths a day and u know what just in 10 days time I got my present job where I have to work for just 3-4 hours a day and I am being paid much more than the previous jobs. It was nuthing short of miracle.

So, yes Gurbani can get u ANYTHING. But my sincere advice to u is dont ask for a well paid job, just ask for a job where u have enough time to do bhagti and Satguru jee will take care of the rest.

Also, its infinitely times better to be an honest taxi driver than to be a corrupt doctor or a lawyer. So be open to any job u get and just do it honestly.

sukh ka-o maagai sabh ko dukh na maagai ko-ay

Everyone begs for happiness; no one asks for suffering

sukhai ka-o dukh aglaa manmukh boojh na ho-ay

But in the wake of happiness, there comes great suffering. The self-willed manmukhs do not understand this

sukh dukh sam kar jaanee-ahi sabad bhayd sukh ho-ay

Those who see pain and pleasure as one and the same find peace; they are pierced through by the Shabad. ||5||

-------------

Find a quite place, listen to shabad.. and stay in Chardi kalha everyone has these kind of struggles in life. Lots of people are trapped in jobs they wish not to be in, mayb its a sign for you to try some further educational course or start your own business.

i cant keep a job either i dnt get sacked but i get so depressed and bored and end up just walking out. i just cant be doing with working and being depressed too much. id rather stay out of that system. happiness is more imp.

Pyare veer jeeooo, thats a very good attitute. I would strongly recommend u to read the book "the good life" by scot nearing and helen nearing. Its about how to live an honest self sufficient life, not depending on the corrupt governments and the corrupt corporations.

I also wish to start a sikh farming village, a type of ecovillage, where the whole lifestyle will be in rythm with nature and Naam. Any sikhs here wanna join me in starting this ecovillage ? We will wear khadi clothes, do organic kheti, use horses for travelling, stich our own clothes, make our own shastars, use natural medicine cure.

OUr lives are being ruined by the corrupt governments and the greedy corporations. We spend a large majority of life working or travellling to/from work. We are being cheated. We shud live SELF SUFFICIENT life.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA.

School and work is a waste of our lives. Except primary schools, where you learn the things you need for life, but in secondary schools, all they are focusing is on making sure that they're school gets the best results, all they care about is bieng the best school in the whole country, making sure they have go the best records. Most of the stuff they teach you in school, is of no use.

When i say work, i don't mean working is bad, i just mean the jobs people do, for the Government. We should only be trying to impress God. Nobody is our boss, only God is. No one should run our lives.

We Sikhs should be going round the whole world helping people in whatever way we can. Most of our lives have become sedentary.

School and work is a waste of our lives. Except primary schools, where you learn the things you need for life, but in secondary schools, all they are focusing is on making sure that they're school gets the best results, all they care about is bieng the best school in the whole country, making sure they have go the best records. Most of the stuff they teach you in school, is of no use.

When i say work, i don't mean working is bad, i just mean the jobs people do, for the Government. We should only be trying to impress God. Nobody is our boss, only God is. No one should run our lives.

We Sikhs should be going round the whole world helping people in whatever way we can. Most of our lives have become sedentary.

sikhism is about the full realisation of the human potential .its about being brave ,to reach out ,to share ,to be engaged and to be progressive .sikhism is not about withdrawing yourself from this world outwardly .a sikh is a param-hans -a mighty swan who lives in this world to its full extent ,yet inwardly is detached from it,naam being his /her heartbeat ,the waves of bhao bhagti flowing like endless waves in the being and consciousness of a sikh .

its not the place for a sikh to be disillusioned ,to be withdrawn ,to be disinterested in studying and working as thats cowardly .GURU GOBIND SINGH says ''saaadh semu parsan phire jag '' i.e a sikh lives ,operates and moves around in this world without fear ,intimidation ,and in fact in joy and happiness .

education/vidya - reveals to us the power of god as the architect of the universe and his supreme plans ,designs and creativity ,the intelligence with which he creates things and the beauty of his creation and creative power .education helps us to be informed ,to be articulate ,to be empowered to express ourselves ,to understand whats going on ,to be connected to this world and to derive the basic skills to make our contribution according to god's hukum in this world .

likewise ,the daily prayer of a sikh includes a request to gurujee for ''kirt di kamai '' and ''vand ke shekna '' .hence we need to work .infact sikhs are renowed to not live on benefits but to be honest hardworking ppl who share what they earn with others unselfishly .sikhism is about miri and piri ,about being a sant -sipahi.working is good becos work allows you to be working with non sikhs with whom you can share through words and actions and behaviour the beauty of sikhism and raise non sikh awareness about sikhs .

working life also helps you to network with others .this can help you help others in a million different ways as you get to know people .whatever work you get thank god and guru for it ,focus on it ,thank god for the income ,advantages and benefits it gives you ,and have the right positive attitude towards it . working life ,dealing with superiors ,juniors and equals as well as contributing to ideas .research ,productivity within your organisation ,provides an excellent platform to practise sikhi ,patience .tolerance and sikhi parchar .

so when you find work ,try to make it last ,form good friendships with ppl ,and let karta purukh shine his creativity ,intelkligence and power through you .in whatever you do ,god is with you -omnipotent ,omnipresent and omniscient -guru mere sang sedha heh nale .infact god will do it for you tho it seems you are doing it -- santa ke karaj aap kheloa ,har kam keraven aia raam .''.god stands up and comes to your help ---- jeh jeh kaaj kirat sewak ki ,teha teha oth dhaveh . .gurbani says -man keo bairaag kerega ,satgur mera pura '' ,and ''mera piara pritam satgur rekhwala '' ,and '' satgur jagta heh deo ''

be proud and thankful for whatever work you get ,and look at it as a blessing ,progress in it ,sharpen your skills ,stay in chardi kela ,stay connected ,correct your attitudea ,do your prayers and you wont be sacked .you will be the boss's blue eyed boy and you will be promoted .

remember ,work doesnt need to contradict and jeopordise sikhi if you are wise .they go hand in hand complimenting each other .

i have written this through guru's kirpa from the working experience of my life ,which is a long story .in my life ,i have worked in both private and public sector and run my business now whilst also being a landlord of 6 tenants .

before you go to work ,besides nitnem alwaysssss do simran so you will go to work looking radiant ,thinking psychic ,with god's fire in your eyes and body and the sweetest smile of a half moon on your face !

Yes , there is simple Gurbani for it...

"Jo Tudh Bhaave Saai Bhali Kaar Tu Saada Salamat Nirongkar"

"Whatever Pleases You and Whatever you do, O Lord of The Meek, Is The Best For Everyone"

Maybe that job was bad for you...IF you had realized the Hukam you wouldn't have cared so much about this situation...instead you would've HAPPILY accepted his HUKAM...It's an exam from god...please don't fail it...all the best...

WJKK WJKF,

"Nanak Dukhiyah Sab Sansar, So sukhiyah jis Naam Udhar" Do simran and you won't get fired, only people who do Naam will have a successful life Guru ji reveals.

Howeve, how come you getting fired? :gg: