Is It Gurmat To Use A Plastic Comb To Comb Your Hair

akal sahai

is it gurmat to use a plastic comb to comb your hair instead of your kanga...... is this against any maryada.......

:|

there is nothing in the rehat maryada issued by akal takht saying what kind of comb or brush to use in your hair.

this was simply a statement of fact, it was not meant to endorse or dismiss any maryada followed by any sect, jatha, faction, samparda, or other group of sikhs or other people who may use combs or kangas.

that aside...

personally, i used a nylon brush to brush my hair in the morning and evening. my hair is very thick, and the kanga (or any comb for that matter) tends to break my hairs off when i use it. a brush is more gentle. i DO use my kanga when i gather my joodha, or for a good scalp massage (it really stimulates the blood flow to your scalp which is healthy for your hair).

once again, this is my personal opinion and i am not endorsing any sect, faction, jatha, samparda, or other group with my words.

good luck! :)

waheguru ji ka khalsa whaeguru ji ki fateh!!!!

a wooden kanga should be used to comb your kesh twice a day! ....without being removed from person

kakkars are all there for practical reasons and discipline:) ...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

cant the pratical reason be that if you ever need to comb ur hair and you dont have a comb, you can use ur kanga, cus it always with us...........

The Kanghaaa is given to us for a reason by Sacche Pitaa Gobind Singh Jee Mahaaraaj and not just as a symbol.

agreed. but does it mean you can't use anything else? do you have to use it every single time you comb your hair? just curious, coz i haven't seen it written anywhere. i mean, we can use other shastars besides the kirpan, right? i can wear a mala on my wrist in addition to my kadha, can't i? i wear a dastaar in addition to my keski... do you see where i'm going with this? :)

waheguru jiooo! ...i cnt belive this topic hasnt ended yet! dhan waheguru ji

dhan dhan sri guru gobind singh ji mahraj ...who blessed us with the kakkars...for practicality....and being tyaar by tyaar

to use the kangah to comb our own kesh! ...not go grab somethin else and comb our kesh and then just have the kanga with us just for show!!

sikhi is all about practicality!

dhan dhan sace pita