My Request To All Singhs And Singhnis

guptveer1469

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguroo ^^ dats such a great post sunny pajjiiee :D

@ kammy kaur..penjiiee ur post jus bought sum memoriess back..i had sum mates dat also set their minds on taking amrit, due to jathas bachera's all two are lost now..n have turned there backs on guru maharaj :(

May waheguru do soo much kirpaaaa and make people relise belonging to jatha isnt gunna get em anywhere but belonging to waheguru is gunna get em sumwhere :D

Humkire, i dont agree with you, sorry.

We shouldn't copy man made rules like AKJ styles etc.

We should follow LITERALLY what Guru Ji said or asked us to practise.

If guruji asked us to wake up early and do nitnem, we are not still going to adapt 3ho rules and do yoga AND nitnem or only yoga... Just because they are sikhs doesn't mean their practises are right....

Lets accept the diversity of the panth instead of belittling (albeit inadvertently) its samaprdas and jathas. The intention for unity is noble, but should not be used to push for a one-maryada panth. On a panthic level there needs to be untiy for sure, with singhs(and kaurs) from all groups/dals/jathas/sampardas coming together to better our political goals; reforming our gurdwara management; re-energizing our parchaar; and tackling social issues plaguing us. Instead of the current trend of working in competition with other groups, we should learn to work in cooperation as taught by the beautiful example of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Maharaj showed the difference between dogs and deer in their manner of eating. The dogs fought each other to death with no one being able to eat the rice, while the deer took turns and allowed everyone to have a portion.

I know many jathedaars/sants/mahapurakhs have stressed to their students to never get into ‘party-bazi’ or ‘jatha-bazi’, which means not that there shouldn't be diversity, but instead there should be unity in diversity.

sunny veerji ,i think you totally misunderstood wot i was trying to say .infact i totally whole heartedly agree to your point in this post .thats for sure .i think you just need to read my 2 posts very very slowly and carefully and contemplate on them ,the second complimenting the first and revealing more clearly the ideological subtext of the first .

i did not mean you go around adopting any maryada from anyone because my post is not about maryada .its rather an overview of how we can incorporate and incalculate key values relating to sikhi in our life from whats in our panth . values such as passion for God and Guru ,a love for keertan ,a rational practical approach towards understanding sikhi,a love for simran ,a love to develop a profound indepth ,insightful ,refined understanding of sikhi,a love to be progressive ,to be adaptable ,to practise sikhi relevant to contemporary society ,and so on ,i.e to derive inspiration from wot u find in the panth without getting addicted to any onbe jetha ,and ,in fact promoting an equivable,democratic non fractured sikh panth if you get my drift .

i emphasised that in the 2nd part of my post where i mentioned that ,why not just reach out to Gurujee and be free in fact from any jetha mindsets or deep knowledge about any of them .i further went on ,in my 2nd post to put it all in a simple user friendly manner .

so dont get me wrong .you are right in what you said and i am with you all the way .i was actually very proud of you for your post . and for those of you who wre against sunny jee saying why not allow heterogenuity ,all i can say is that its one thing to allow there to be differing opinions about different things e.g ranging from conservative to liberal theology , with mutual respect and tolerance for each other's views ,and , another thing to end up dividing ourselves into little boxes closed off from each other ,indulging in pride about the pack of rules applying to your box as being the only right way .yes its cool to differ from one another as to how many hours any one intends to pray at amritvela as no two of us live robotically in exactly the same way and within the broader context of the panth we do have our own individual journeys ,but ,that should not ,be at the expense of becoming a community of followers broken up theologically from one another forever ,belittling and looking down on each other .our endeavour should be to be simple sons and daughters of Gurujee all loving ,supporting ,and caring for one another .our goal has to be unity ,and unity is achieved wen like in berlin walls of division are torn down so people can embrace one another in GURU LOVE