Any Singh In Germany Who Can Stop This Guru-nindak?

khalsaland

Highly controversial intellectual , theological ,historical,religous ,philosophical,legalistic differences of opinion over a number of issues do exist in the khalsa panth and some people prefer to preach about them and some dont .I wish we could be less emotional ,more rational and learn to tolerate this a bit more and allow more research to be done on this matters so that in time we could have unified progressive opinions about things based on the absolute truth .Likewise ,it would be great if our hearts are filled with love for one another not venomous hatred .Its always easier to be judgemental ,hate and be violent with people when they appear to be in a destruct mode towards that which is sacred to you ,as happens in other religous communities .Its more difficult to show emotional restraint ,modesty ,love and respect towards someone you deem to be straying away from whats an untouchable part of your belief structure .However that only causes division amongst us and makes us appear to be intolerant and spiteful and unrestrained .The way to win someone over and convince them that your opinion is right is to do research ,to sit with that person and reason things out as we do in our families .

Khalsa panth is greater and bigger ,more resilient ,more powerful than anything upon earth leave alone one individual .Opinions will come and go ,so will us mortals but GURU GRANTH SAHIB is indestructible and eternal .All we can do is to appreciate anything ,anyone has done ,even once for sikhi ,in their one lifetime we knew about and love them for it .

In my life, many a time ,he who i thought was right was wrong ,and he who i thought was wrong was right .This has taught me never to bother too much about people and their opinions but to focus on loving them as God's little creatures of whom i am one ,to always give a person the benefit of doubt ,to also question everything i hold sacred ,to be tolerant ,to be forgiving ,to be appreciative of anything anyone has ever done for me ,to never hate any person to the point of wanting them dead and to live in a hope that if i am right i would try to convince that person if need be .

It hurts my heart to see us sikhs indulging in hatred towards each other ,to be violent with each other ,to be accusing each other ,and to be spiteful towards each other ,and to have divisions and sub cliques between ourselves .May Gurujee bless us with his grace to learn to live together so lovingly as one big khalsa family .

I would agree with you on this regarding Darshan Singh. But fact of the matter is that he speaks lies and then when challenged to debate (has been challenged a number of times) he ignores it. For this reason, it is clear he is trying to cause divisions and problem. Anybody who really cared about the panth and believed in their views would be willing to try to convince sangat via debate. He needs to be shut down.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles malcolm went to Amritsar in 1805 in pursuit of Holkar. He wrote a book " Skectch of sikhs" based on his observations.

This what he wrote on Gurmatta and presence of both granths at gurmatta.

Note: The following is an excerpt from a book, Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab, written by Sir John Malcolm* in 1812. John Malcolm's work is one of the rarest firsthand information recorded by a western historian on the lifestyle, belief systems and traditions of the Sikhs in Punjab during the 18th century .

Guru-mata

When Gurmata or great national council, is called, (as it always is, or ought to be, when any imminent danger threatens the country, or any large expedition is to be undertaken) all the Sikh chiefs assemble at Amritsar. The assembly, which is called the Guru-mata, is convened by the Acalis; and when the chiefs meet upon this solemn occasion, it is concluded that all private animosities cease, and that every main sacrifices his personal feelings at the shrine of the general good; and, actuated by principles of pure patriotism, thinks of nothing but the interests of the religion, and commonwealth, to which he belongs. When the chiefs and principal leaders are seated, the Adi-Granth and Dasama Padshah ka Granth are placed before them. They all bend their heads before these scriptures, and exclaim, Wa! Guruji ka Khalsa! Wa! Guruji ki Fateh! A great quantity of cakes, made of wheat, butter, and sugar, are then placed before the volumes of their sacred writings, and covered with a cloth. These holy cakes, which are in commemoration of the injunction of Nanac, to eat and to give to others to eat, next receive the salutation of the assembly, who then rise, and the Acalis pray aloud, while the musicians play. The Acalis, then the prayers are finished, desire the council to be seated. They sit down, and the cakes being uncovered, are eaten of by all classes of Sikhs: those distinctions of original tribes, which are, on occasions, kept up, being on this occasion laid aside, in token of their general and complete union in one cause. The Acalis then exclaim: "Sirdars! (Chiefs) this is Guru-mata!" on which prayers are again said aloud. The chiefs, after this sit closer, and say to each other: "The sacred Granth is betwixt us, let us swear by our scripture to forget all internal disputes, and to be united." This moment of religious fervor and ardent patriotism, is taken to reconcile all animosities. They then proceed to consider the danger with whcih they are threatened, to settle the best plans for averting it, and to choose the generals who are to lead their armies against the common enemy. The first Guru-mata was assembled by Guru Govinid; and the latest was called in 1805, when the British army pursued Holkar into the Penjab. (pages. 120-123) ________________________

*Sir John Malcolm (May 2, 1769 ‑ 1833) was a Scottish soldier, statesman, and historian. He held various distinguished posts, being Ambassador to Persia, Resident of Gwalior (1803-1804) and Governor of Bombay 1827-1830. He was the author of several valuable works regarded as authorities, viz., Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab (1812), A History of Persia (1815), Memoir of Central India (1823), Political History of India from 1784 to 1823 (1826), and Life of Lord Clive (1836).

Theres no point in asking the organisers not to call Darshan Singh...they all agree with his ideas and arguments...There seems to be a huge fan base of Darshan Singh in Germany... :@

I do not think so. Germany is a country where there is a small population of sikhs and was mostly inaccessible to such kirtanias. It seems to be oversight on the part of organizers as they do not seem to be aware of anti sikh activities of darshan Ragi.

Wjkk wjkf,

Well for the point that Germany is Pro Prof., the thing is we all respect Prof. Darshan (singh) because of his Sewa as a Ragi world wide. In every house there are at least 1-2 cd's, Cassates of Prof. There is no shak that he did Sewa with his parchar. But most of the PPl in Germany don't know that. What is going on in the Panth.

What yesterday happend:

I got the Information that Prof. didn't want to talk because he was scared to get shitar. At least some Singhs tried to talk with him alone but they couldn't. Today is the big Nagar Kirtan of Germany in Frankfurt.

And well the sad thing or good thing is that he is not comming to Hamburg (where I live), because he doesn't get security here like in Frankfurt. So we don't get the opertunity to talk with him. We wanted to record it and put it in the internet. But well :gg: we will see where he is going now.

Today I sent the Dvd's and Hukamname from Akal Thakt Sahib and Patna Sahib to all German Gurdwaras. I hope they will read and whatch the Videos. My Brother and I we are going to some Gurdwaras when there is Camps or other Programms and we are sharing the cd's there as well. I think for this moment we can't do anything else. Just to be Hushiar and share stuffs we have and put it on the internet.

Some fotos of Frankfurt and the Seminar

http://www.mediapunjab.com/FixPage/300_ff031008.html

wjkk wjkf

Wjkk wjkf,

Well for the point that Germany is Pro Prof., the thing is we all respect Prof. Darshan (singh) because of his Sewa as a Ragi world wide. In every house there are at least 1-2 cd's, Cassates of Prof. There is no shak that he did Sewa with his parchar. But most of the PPl in Germany don't know that. What is going on in the Panth.

What yesterday happend:

I got the Information that Prof. didn't want to talk because he was scared to get shitar. At least some Singhs tried to talk with him alone but they couldn't. Today is the big Nagar Kirtan of Germany in Frankfurt.

And well the sad thing or good thing is that he is not comming to Hamburg (where I live), because he doesn't get security here like in Frankfurt. So we don't get the opertunity to talk with him. We wanted to record it and put it in the internet. But well :gg: we will see where he is going now.

Today I sent the Dvd's and Hukamname from Akal Thakt Sahib and Patna Sahib to all German Gurdwaras. I hope they will read and whatch the Videos. My Brother and I we are going to some Gurdwaras when there is Camps or other Programms and we are sharing the cd's there as well. I think for this moment we can't do anything else. Just to be Hushiar and share stuffs we have and put it on the internet.

wjkk wjkf

Robin Singh Ji!

Thanks for sharing the information.

Fear and caution is evident from Darshan Ragi's pictures that you have shared.

Another interesting thing to note is that a few months ago Darshan Ragi had announced publically that from now on he is going to wear a black chola to protest against the dasam banee, and until the parkash of Sri Dasam Granth is removed from Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib. From the pictures it is evident that he has abandoned that 'oath'. And he is famous for abandoing his earlier beliefs....

He has always played with the emotions of the sangat. Thats what he did during post 1984 era. A regular ragi who was unknown before 1984 became so popular after the attack on Harimandir Sahib because he cashed on sangat's anger over operation bluestar with his anti-India and anti-congress rhetoric. And now he seems to be content with the congress and its supporters in Delhi...

He is indeed a drama queen, a turn coat ragi and a traitor of the panth.

Its such a shame how a person who once earned the respect of the panth has now fallen so low because of his own deeds.

Wjkk wjkf,

What yesterday happend:

wjkk wjkf

Splendid work by singhs to bridle this Gurnindak in Germany. This man did not deserve what he got and that was the seat of akal takhat jathedar.

His main aim in life was to earn money and not sikhi parchar. He will go for whoseever gives him.

He will not enter any dialogue on sikh scritpure especially Dasam Granth as he has no in depth knowledge of this marvellous Granth. Please try to engage him in this dialogue he will alwyas run away.

Keep this Gurnindak on his nerves. There is a saying in Punjabi " Moorakh da and kande da moohn chhittar nal sidha keeta janda hai." ( The mouth of a fool and thorn is straightened with shoe"

Ragi does not deserve any soft corner from sikhs. He is a traitor.