Chigwell School Beadbi

SaRpAnCh

Chigwell, London (KP) - Last week it was brought to Panthic Weekly's attention that Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College, Chigwell, London, is doing beadbi (violating the sanctity) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by showing gross neglect and lack of care in managing and maintaining the Gurdwara which is within the school. The same school hosts the controversial ‘Sikh Student Camp’ every year. The same camp has come under the thick criticism for wrong parchaar, lack of observance of Gurmat Maryada, and a lack of discipline on behalf of camp sewadars. It was claimed by members of the Sikh Sangat that “the Chigwell sikh school are unaware of what their role is towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.”

Concerned members of the Sikh community reported that no one cleans the Gurdwara within the school and it looks in a sorry state. One Sangat member described their findings as, "I couldn't believe what I saw. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is kept in a small cupboard like room, which is really untidy and a sheer embarrassment. I also found Gutke Sahibs just laying around at the back.”

Students who attend the Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College have also contacted Panthic Weekly in regards to gross beadbi (violation) of the Gurdwara within the school. One concerned pupil wrote, “A non-Sikh ‘couple’ were ‘making-out’ in the back of the Gurdwara, and much more has and is still going on in the Gurdwara within the school. The school has students from all different faiths and no one shows respect for the Gurdwara.”

Another pupil of the school claimed that, “People swear in the Gurdwara. There is no discipline. They have no Amritdhari person to do Guru Mahraaj’s sewa. The tabla and vajas are kept on the side and many of them are broken. Also people pick out dry Parshaad themselves and there is no basic Maryada kept by pupils or enforced by the school staff. The children are told to wear hats in Darbar Sahib if they don’t like wearing rumaals.”

Photos of Beadbi:

CLICK LINK TO SEE PICTURES

http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/4426/2008-10-03.html

Mod Note- title edited; no need to mention the camp with links to certain people;

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these locals are so upset why don't they go and clean the Gurdwara up or take on the responsibility of Maharaj's sewa. We students did when we used to visit them "sanatan" camps...lol

Loads of people make noise but no one's going to commit themselves to clean the diwan hall of the Gurdwara sahib. Instead we get a kick out highlighting the sinister headmaster and his uselessness so that people can feel better about themselves.

There is only one solution. People of Essex who supposedly are hurt by the beadbi, go and commit yourselves to do some sewa. Instead of taking in a hidden undercover covert camera, clean the diwan hall up. Do some daily sewa because the headmaster aint going to do it.

I agree everyone should clear up and help.

Who is the headmaster that you are reffering to rupiner? i cant see who has highlighted him? interesting how there is only 1 solution. you seem to know more about this rupiner? please fill us in. have you been there to clean up?

Overall the school needs to take the responsibility if no one from outside is willing to come down and do the seva. Did the people of essex decide to keep Guru Ji there? or was it the headmaster?

just my two pence worth,

Just another Internet Warrior.

Are Gurdwaras running on the kirpa of the committees or the kirpa of the sangat. Truth is we all know that it’s the members of committed Sangat who graft and run the Gurdwaras not the committees of 5 or 12 'respectable' self appointed Sikhs or in this case Mr Headmaster.

Unfortunately these schools are a business, they are run like a business. Come on even the Gurdwaras are run like businesses today. You really think after many years this Headmaster’s going to have a sudden burst of guilt and employ a group of amridhari Gursikhs to run the Gurdwara. Truth is he’s probably expecting the local non-payroll Sangat to come and sort the Gurdwara out for free. He’s not going to want to incur any further costs in running his tight budget. So let’s be realists, this local concerned sangat - who have not really bothered to do anything before and left it up to the Sikh Student Camps to sort out once a year - actually stop neglecting one of their Gurdwaras and have daily diwans, perform the parkash and sukhasan sewa, asa di // etc. This is a Khalsa school so why can’t any of the Khalsa see it as their responsibility to be a part of the school even if it’s not run by your favourate Jatha or Sant.

The guys who went in gupt form and secretly pictured all the mess, did you actually pick the mess up or were you more excited about rushing the snap shots to panthic weekly.

There’s too much pointing out others avguns and not enough knuckling down and just getting on with the sewa. No one wants to be a parupkari. Majority of us walk past the pile of joothay panday in the Gurdwara kitchen sink after we eat our tasty langar, few of us will actually wash those panday. Truth is if the beadbi really truly hurts people then they would have done something about it by now.

No doubt I will get some death threats from the Essex boys for my comments. Bring it on!

I have been told that locals have gone there time and time again and sorted out the mess but it ends up in the same state. Maybe this is not true?

If only we all looked inside the Gurdwara Sachkhands i am sure we would find similar states in a few of them. We should all do something about it.

At the same time it is important these things are highlighted, otherwise some people wont realise it is a problem. Nowadays everyone wants to sit at home on the internet and criticise others. But not actually go out and do any seva.

Rupiner are you local to chigwell? Do you know this headmaster? its just no one has mentioned the headmaster apart from you.

Can someone shed some light on how this school is run. Is it a commitee or 1 man show? Are they making profits?

Internet Warrior.

Can someone shed some light on how this school is run. Is it a commitee or 1 man show? Are they making profits?

Internet Warrior.

A school is an institution designed to allow and encourage puplis to learn, under the supervision of teachers. The teachers are supervised by heads of department who are supervised a person called a Headmaster. I think this structure is fairly universal and not particular to just this specific school. I remember my school being run by a headmaster who was the most senior member of staff. There maybe a board of governers who may have a say in the running of a school.

This is a private school. Private schools, or independent schools, are schools not administered by local, state, or national government, which retain the right to select their student body and are funded in whole or in part by charging their students tuition rather than with public (state) funds. That means it makes it's money from the mummy and daddys paying the school for their kids

Here's a link if you need to enrol. http://www.ggskcollege.co.uk/

Here someone's opinion on Headmaster Sahib AS Toor and some views on his business. http://www.panthic.org/discussion.php?id=4426

Pheew. Daas hope he's answered your queries.