Life, Marriage And Sins

Guest SHOGUN ASSASON

Guest SHOGUN ASSASON

I feel embarrassed writing this but I think need to get this off my mind and was hoping the sangat could help me

Im going to be 25 soon and am getting to the age where I would like to get married I have been doing a particular phaat everyday, repeating it eleven times

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

The time of rejoicing has come; I sing of my Lord God.I have heard of my Imperishable Husband Lord, and happiness fills my mind. My mind is in love with Him; when shall I realize my great good fortune, and meet with my Perfect Husband? If only I could meet the Lord of the Universe, and be automatically absorbed into Him; tell me how, O my companions! Day and night, I stand and serve my God; how can I attain Him? Prays Nanak, have mercy on me, and attach me to the hem of Your robe, O Lord.

I was told to do it 11 times a day for 40 days, But I've also been told you have to be prepared to do it for 1000 days I've been doing it since last October, But I don't feel Guru is listening to me and their is probably good reason for this, One, I've done some horrendous things, [The embarrassing part - slept with Prostitutes and married women] I don't condone what I've done or try to rationalise these sins as just mistakes on my part I was fully conscious of the fact that these are deeply sinful things and went ahead and did them anyway and accept I have build bad Karam which I will have to suffer for. But I guess what im trying to say is that now though i want to get married Im starting to feel that I have no right to ask God to help me [how can i ask him to help me when i have not respected another mans marriage] and that he won't answer my prayers. I go to the gurudwara everyday now but i feel as though i have killed off any chances of getting married through these sinful acts, this doesnt mean i want to stop preying i wont do that i have an urge now within myself that makes me want to go to the temple and to do phaat on another note should we even ask god for anything as this is just attachment?

any advice would be appreciated

Guest _brother_

Dear Brother,

We all are humans, we make mistakes, it is part and parcel of being a human, we are not perfect.

The aim in life is,

1) Understand the mistakes you made

2) Learn from them

3) Try not to make them again

I do not like to do paath like "rituals", for 40 days etc etc, paath should be done with love, love for your guru, complete love and devotion.

Please remember, your guru is your father & mother, I would assume Guruji always loves and forgives.

If you really need some help from guruji, do ardaas and ask, that ALWAYS works for me.

Not too sure if I helped.

I feel embarrassed writing this but I think need to get this off my mind and was hoping the sangat could help me

Im going to be 25 soon and am getting to the age where I would like to get married I have been doing a particular phaat everyday, repeating it eleven times

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

The time of rejoicing has come; I sing of my Lord God.I have heard of my Imperishable Husband Lord, and happiness fills my mind. My mind is in love with Him; when shall I realize my great good fortune, and meet with my Perfect Husband? If only I could meet the Lord of the Universe, and be automatically absorbed into Him; tell me how, O my companions! Day and night, I stand and serve my God; how can I attain Him? Prays Nanak, have mercy on me, and attach me to the hem of Your robe, O Lord.

I was told to do it 11 times a day for 40 days, But I've also been told you have to be prepared to do it for 1000 days I've been doing it since last October, But I don't feel Guru is listening to me and their is probably good reason for this, One, I've done some horrendous things, [The embarrassing part - slept with Prostitutes and married women] I don't condone what I've done or try to rationalise these sins as just mistakes on my part I was fully conscious of the fact that these are deeply sinful things and went ahead and did them anyway and accept I have build bad Karam which I will have to suffer for. But I guess what im trying to say is that now though i want to get married Im starting to feel that I have no right to ask God to help me [how can i ask him to help me when i have not respected another mans marriage] and that he won't answer my prayers. I go to the gurudwara everyday now but i feel as though i have killed off any chances of getting married through these sinful acts, this doesnt mean i want to stop preying i wont do that i have an urge now within myself that makes me want to go to the temple and to do phaat on another note should we even ask god for anything as this is just attachment?

any advice would be appreciated

Who told you to do jaap of that shabad? Are you doing it in English?

About the past: Maharaj Ji is loving and compassionate. If you ask for forgiveness from your heart and stop doing wrong, you will be forgiven. What is in the past cannot be changed so don't dwell on it.

Guru Sahib can give you anything you want, if you ask with faith and if it's in your best interest. Do your Ardas with faith and leave the rest to God. Waheguru is closer to you than you think and always listens. If you have the urge to go to the Gurdwara, then go and do as much sewa as you can.

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Āsā mėhlā 5.

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਕਮਾਇਅੜੋ ਸੋ ਆਇਓ ਮਾਥੈ ॥

Ḏin rāṯ kamā▫i▫aṛo so ā▫i▫o māthai.

Those actions you perform, day and night, are recorded upon your forehead.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਸਿ ਲੁਕਾਇਦੜੋ ਸੋ ਵੇਖੀ ਸਾਥੈ ॥

Jis pās lukā▫iḏ▫ṛo so vekẖī sāthai.

And the One, from whom you hide these actions - He sees them, and is always with you.

ਸੰਗਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਕਰਣਹਾਰਾ ਕਾਇ ਪਾਪੁ ਕਮਾਈਐ ॥

Sang ḏekẖai karaṇhārā kā▫e pāp kamā▫ī▫ai.

The Creator Lord is with you; He sees you, so why commit sins?

ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਕੀਜੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੀਜੈ ਨਰਕਿ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਜਾਈਐ ॥

Sukariṯ kījai nām lījai narak mūl na jā▫ī▫ai.

So perform good deeds, and chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; you shall never have to go to hell.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਚਲੈ ਤੇਰੈ ਸਾਥੇ ॥

Āṯẖ pahar har nām simrahu cẖalai ṯerai sāthe.

Twenty-four hours a day, dwell upon the Lord's Name in meditation; it alone shall go along with you.

ਭਜੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਟਹਿ ਦੋਖ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥੧॥

Bẖaj sāḏẖsangaṯ saḏā Nānak mitėh ḏokẖ kamāṯe.

So vibrate continually in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and the sins you committed shall be erased.

<<<<<<<<<<<I was told to do it 11 times a day for 40 days, But I've also been told you have to be prepared to do it for 1000 days I've been doing it since last October>>>>>>>>>>>

Who told you to do the above^^^ and recite that shabad: http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3158 ?

gurfateh jee