Is The Word 'nindiyaa" Being Used To Curb Rational Thinking ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bibis NEVA used to call thier husbands by their name as a mark of respect. i guess what the baba was saying was dont get all modern and respect your husband. aint nuffin wrong wiv that. in my local gurdwara every wedding the giani gives advice like this to the couple, to respect each other etc.

if ur sister rejects this advice on respecting her husband then God help him. And her. seems like ur sister may have an attitude prob more than anything, if ur original post is anything to go by.

If the Baba sed serve ur parents i bet you AND your sister wud have flown off the handle!!

And bythe way theres nothing rational in ur objection to the baba's benti.

Sunny, I dint get what u are trying to say. Can u write in English or in better punjabi ?

my bad

my writting skills are not good veer ji

i was saying that its true that everyone have that ninda astpadi kanth and utter that astpadi when some says something.

i said if u r so sure abt what u r saying then first listen the meaning of that asthpadi from the links i posted above and then tell us if u r still keeping the same view.

bibis NEVA used to call thier husbands by their name as a mark of respect. i guess what the baba was saying was dont get all modern and respect your husband. aint nuffin wrong wiv that. in my local gurdwara every wedding the giani gives advice like this to the couple, to respect each other etc.

if ur sister rejects this advice on respecting her husband then God help him. And her. seems like ur sister may have an attitude prob more than anything, if ur original post is anything to go by.

If the Baba sed serve ur parents i bet you AND your sister wud have flown off the handle!!

And bythe way theres nothing rational in ur objection to the baba's benti.

Chatanga, the issue is not whether that old man was right or wrong. The point is that if u disagree with what a "mahapurash" says does not make u a slanderer. Every person in this world has the right to form/express his opinion. My sister did not debate with that old man. She just said that " I like to serve my husband because I love him and not because I am a bibi and I am SUPPOSED to serve my pati parmesar". Thats it.

Secondly, if we look at our itihaas, we all know about the 40 muktas. They wrote bedava to Satguru jee and when they returned home, they were completely ignored by their wives and I have even read that these 40 singhs were given bangles by their wives. It was only after this that the zameer of those 40 singhs became alive and they went back and gave shaheedi for their Guru.

It is due to the male chauvinist thinking of some of the present day "mahapurashs" that we dont have any Mai Bhago Ji in our panth.

gurufateh g

dont b afraid ur sister did nothing wrong

nindak means slander literally meaning spreading false rumors not disagreeing

that ashtapdi is directed towards people who make fun of saints and try to ruin their honor

what people are forgetting are tukhs like the one in sukhmani sahib wich say

sant kirpaal kirpaa jay karai.

But if the Compassionate Saint shows His Kindness,

naanak satsang nindak bhee tarai. ||1||

O Nanak, in the Company of the Saints, the slanderer may still be saved. ||1|

now in all honesty if someone is a true saint would they want u to suffer just for disagreeing with them

i mean im no saint ppl disagree with me n i dont want them to burn in hell

ur absolutly rite g ppl are using the word ninak too loosely

y wud a real saint want that

saints r full of love and greatness like bhai khaniya ji who served water on the battle field to friend and foe

personally as a girl I agree that a wife should respect her husband and a husband should also respect his wife tho

if the woman cant call him his first name he cant call her it

i had a simalar expiriance as your sister when a baba ji would not let me do any seva

he sed girls are unpure

this was 2 years ago when i was only about 16

i was so hurt and its so ironic

Mata Khivi ji used to do so much seva

its even in the Guru Granth Sahib ji

is me wanting to do seva sant di nindak

id hate to say this but it is true

in punjab in order to bee a baba a person doesnt need much qualification

the halat of punjab can be backwads of all of india actually

Sikhism is such a forward religion

the same ppl who say sant ka nindyak prolly have a mask hanging in their house to ward off bad spirits and the women prolly keep karva chauth

im sorry if i offended anyone but its true

alot of ppl in punjab have lost the true meaning of Sikhi

i get proper angry when i see amrithari sikhs matha take to statues of shiva and jai mata

ive seen it way to often it goes on everywhere

it seems these days in india everyones a saint

i remember my neighbors went to their human god

and i used to play soccer with his daughter

the ppl of kaljug r so lost

i mean their are definatly those jewels those true saints n babas

but u gotta remember this is kaljug

even when guru teg bhadur ji was guru

there were 22 fraunds baba makhan shah had to go through to find the real Guru

so dont worry and dont b afraid

if the saint made u afraid than that is wrong cause in guru granth sahib it clearly says in salok mahalla nauva

bhae kahu koh dait nai ne bhae manat aan kaho nanak sun re mana giani thiee bhikan

those who are not afraid of anyone and DO NOT STRIKE FEAR INTO ANYONES HEART O NANAK THEY ALONE ARE A TRUE GIANI

so please g

dont worry about anyone

u have to answer to the Guru Granth Sahib ji

Guru ji is our guru

bow to noone else

who else do we need

we have our shabad guru

connect with it and let the anbolant banee ring in ur soul

than u will know the truth

tc g guru rakha

dhan wahegurur

Dear Bhainn,

What a great post u wrote. After chakking amrit, I have been privelaged to read the posts of some young sisters who I feel could become the leaders of the panth. There is one sister "singhnimiripiri" jee whose blog I feel beats most of the forums. Its a shame that we have these old men acting as "mahapurash" and using clever tricks to subdue the freedom of women. Many of these old men have clever agendaas like they want to have popularity or want to get their sons married in the west.

Dear Bhainn,

What a great post u wrote. After chakking amrit, I have been privelaged to read the posts of some young sisters who I feel could become the leaders of the panth. There is one sister "singhnimiripiri" jee whose blog I feel beats most of the forums. Its a shame that we have these old men acting as "mahapurash" and using clever tricks to subdue the freedom of women. Many of these old men have clever agendaas like they want to have popularity or want to get their sons married in the west.

post link to the blog

Dear Bhainn,

post link to the blog

http://naam-jor.blogspot.com/

Its good that this sister does not disclose her identity as the praise she will start to get can do great damage. Just as nindiyaa, ustatt is also dangerous. This sister is doing very good seva of providing very good gurmat literature to young people, especially the ones who are not good in reading punjabi literature.

Just thought to add a few more tricks about these chellaaaas. They use the word "nindiyaa" so loosely and yet at the same time are doing "ustatt" of their mahapurash all the time. According to Gurmat, BOTH nindiyaaa and ustattt are BAD. Doing useless ustatt of a mortal all the time not only harms that mortal but also the common people who instead of Guru, start to think about these "mahapurashs".

Satguru jee gave all the power to people(sangat) and these chellaaas are doing the opposite. They are transporting all the power back to single individuals "mahapurashs" and attack the free rational logical thinking of the sangat. These chellaaas can fall to any dirty level to ruin the life of anyone who does not agree with their "mahapurash". These type of chelaaas are only burden on earth.