A Breath Taking Picture Speaks A Thousand Words 300 Saal Guru Deh Naal

SaRpAnCh

Please do NOT promote 'impressionist paintings' of the Gurus -it is just plain wrong: IDOLISING !!!

There where no direct paintings of the Gurus that they endorsed of themselves. These are man made fabrications of what the Gurus MAY have looked like.

Dont make the Gurus out to be some type of cartoon characters. Apply your artistary/ talent elsewhere......

:jamdoot :jamdoot :jamdoot :jamdoot :jamdoot :jamdoot

It's not idolising, as nobody is worshipping the pictures? Its a nice drawing, and it isn't saying anything negative about our Gurus. I think your jealous :lol:

I have no reason to be jealous ! We cannot allow false imagery of the Gurus. They are sacrosant.

Any picture of the Gurus are blasphemous !

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please do NOT promote 'impressionist paintings' of the Gurus -it is just plain wrong: IDOLISING !!!

There where no direct paintings of the Gurus that they endorsed of themselves. These are man made fabrications of what the Gurus MAY have looked like.

Dont make the Gurus out to be some type of cartoon characters. Apply your artistary/ talent elsewhere......

It's not idolising, as nobody is worshipping the pictures? Its a nice drawing, and it isn't saying anything negative about our Gurus. I think your jealous :lol:

I have no reason to be jealous ! We cannot allow false imagery of the Gurus. They are sacrosant.

But its good inspiration, to get you to see the Gurus for real in your meditation. Sure no painting can be exactly like that of The Guru it is only the artists impression, same with every painting, but its an idea a glympse of what they really were like. Its Just good inspiration.

But its good inspiration, to get you to see the Gurus for real in your meditation. Sure no painting can be exactly like that of The Guru it is only the artists impression, same with every painting, but its an idea a glympse of what they really were like. Its Just good inspiration.

Mediation for a Sikh is based on Waheguru which is formless/ selfless according to Sri Guru GRanth Sahib Ji. So why would a Sikh need an artists impression to help them to mediate, etc?

Mediation for a Sikh is based on Waheguru which is formless/ selfless according to Sri Guru GRanth Sahib Ji. So why would a Sikh need an artists impression to help them to mediate, etc?

no i mean when you meditate on Waheguru, and you see the guru then you will be able to tell who it is. But having thought about it now, if you see the Guru in your meditation(on Waheguru) it will probably come with the innate knowledge of knowing which Guru it is anyway.

no i mean when you meditate on Waheguru, and you see the guru then you will be able to tell who it is. But having thought about it now, if you see the Guru in your meditation(on Waheguru) it will probably come with the innate knowledge of knowing which Guru it is anyway.

EXACTLY ! These artist impressions are meaningless and contravene Sikhi.