A Question To The Sangat

DSH

WJKK WGJKF,

I was wondering what is the sangat's view on the modern "Singh's" who tie their "jura" at the back of their head and not at the top of their head. With a patka then tied leaving the top of their head flat and the jura at the back. (I hope you know which way i'm talking about it being tied.)

:gg:

Does the sangat feel it is disrespectful to tie it like that?

Does the sangat feel that those who tie it like that just want to fit in with the crowd?

I'm interested to know what are your views?

WJKK WGJKF,

I was wondering what is the sangat's view on the modern "Singh's" who tie their "jura" at the back of their head and not at the top of their head. With a patka then tied leaving the top of their head flat and the jura at the back. (I hope you know which way i'm talking about it being tied.)

I'm trying to imagine that...lol...

But hey...It's a personal choice...I mean at least they are covering their heads...

WJKK WGJKF,

I'm trying to imagine that...lol...

But hey...It's a personal choice...I mean at least they are covering their heads...

I have seen quite a few urban keshadhari people in Delhi do what u are saying. FOR AN AMRITDHARI, it is SHAMEFUL(and such an amritdhari is accountable to sangat, its not his personal life) For just a keshadhari, well.. its his personal choice.

During my college years, I met a similar person with beard and kesh and he used a rumaal type thing. He was a follower of Osho. People need to understand that a person with a kesh on his head and beard does not make him a sikh. Unless a person is claiming to be a sikh, he shud have full freedom to have a rumaal type thing on his head.

i have seen so many sikhs wearing a patka then a hat over it and the worse is when you see 40 year olds doing it. and from what i have seen majority of the people that do this are the ones that have just migrated, which is really weird coz sikhs born here usually would wear a dastaar or wont keep kesh at all. but you wont see them wearing a patka then a hat. But im generalizing, so dont take my word for it.

Ive seen lately many people cutting their hair in order to survive this economic depression. Its hard enuff for anyone to get work and nontech Sikhs have the hardest time trying to find employment.

This economy is dragging people to their own death.

Cutting your hair to feel better is lame but honestly sincerely cutting your hair to get a job is between the person and God.

When your mom and dad are rich then you dont know about economic hardship, they can only read about it.

When you got a job years ago and still have the job means you dont understand the man with no job trying his hardest.

Too many "Sikhs" are fake and then the real ones suffer.

Uplift your Sangat at a personal level and that will start a chain reaction for the betterment of Sikhi.

These are really hard times.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

Keerpa,

Your comments are ridiculous !

I am a Sikh and can honestly say with conviction having a Distaar in this day and age (ie. economic climate) is excelling my career. I have travelled the world. Played water sports/ extreme sports/ held meetings with captains of industry, forefront of my profession (humbly speaking). Wearing a Distaar/ keeping unshorn hair is not for the weak or for fantasy ridden bollywood mundae who have low self esteem.

A Sikh in the 21st century wears his/ her Distaar with pride, confidence, conviction. He/ she is suave, a debonair ! When he/ she speaks at work, people listen, he/ she is respected. Why ??? Because they wear their Distaar with CONFIDENCE (not arrongance or ignorance).

We have standards. We dont comprimise 'to fit into some fantasy'. Our partners in life are strong. Most of these patka wearing boys have low self esteem and actually ashamed to have long hairs. They disguise it to appear to be a mona. They are weak.

However, when playing sports a patka can be a useful alternative to covering your hairs (temporaraly) as not to cause dispresect to ones Distaar if it was knocked off or soiled through sweat, etc.

Their is no excuse for a Sikh not to wear a Distaar in this day and age.

PS. A Distaar is not the same as a pagh or turban !

If you feel the top of your head, God made a place exactly for the joora to fit in, or atleast he did in my head. There is like a little part where your skull is lower than the rest. When you are baby, this part of the skull isn't fully formed, thats why babies have such big heads. Anyway this place is the location of the dasam duar, i think, and that is why it is put there. It harnesses the power or something. Makes it easier to connect to Waheguru? i don't know, but thats what ive read, from old forum posts from various websites. But i can't talk from experience, as i don't even have a joora yet. (hairs not long enough)

Anyway screw trying to fit in with the crowd, we were supposed to stand out.

Dear WBA,

I have travelled quite a bit of world as well and have met with very good professors and technical people and my personal experience is that unless u have a very good degree and a good knowledge of work skills, dastaar is not an issue, otherwise it is an issue.

I have turbanded friends working in software industry in India and they face no problem but the ones in finance or banking have some problems, the ones who have to deal with clients. Companies prefer monaa guys for client deals...

All the info I am giving is first hand and is not fake....

Then I wear a round dastaar and when I was in Delhi I dint get a room due to my dastaar and my Sri Sahib....

Its not all that easy.

I will totally agree with Keerpaa..... yeh paapi pet is a very big problem...the ones who are rich dont realize this....

Infact all this worldly tamasha is of Maya and all religions were a way to earn money. Sikhi breaks this Maya and as a result has so many enemies. Sri Dasam Granth breaks the fake political rules we have in this world and thats why the governments(britishers, RSS, Congress) dont like Sri Dasam Granth.

JAI TEGA(N)