Marrying Out Of Caste Delibrately

Caste is a big evil that is ruining the khalsa brotherhood. Even if sikhs get raaj, there can be fights due to caste. The jatt sikhs will want the pardhan or the jathedaar to be jatt and the fights will start. I think the best way to break the caste evil is for the youth to marry delibrately out of caste and after marriage, only use singh as the surname. I feel any amritdhari who marries out of caste shud be honoured by the panth and any amritdhari who practices casteism in his day to day life shud be boycotted...

bruv caste is wrong

but i'm against the fact that people dont use the family name anymore

like that its confusing yaar

no probs with using MANN or AHLUWALIA as family name, just dont be to proud on it...

or else if all sikhs begin using only singh or kaur, there will be MANY confusions in sikh history..

like there is on BHAI MANI SINGH. atleast 4 mani singhs from same era that were important to sikhi.. so many facts got attributed to the wrong one and sikh history got wrong

Caste is a big evil that is ruining the khalsa brotherhood. Even if sikhs get raaj, there can be fights due to caste. The jatt sikhs will want the pardhan or the jathedaar to be jatt and the fights will start. I think the best way to break the caste evil is for the youth to marry delibrately out of caste and after marriage, only use singh as the surname. I feel any amritdhari who marries out of caste shud be honoured by the panth and any amritdhari who practices casteism in his day to day life shud be boycotted...

Quick question, why just amritdharis? Why not Keshadaris?

bruv caste is wrong

but i'm against the fact that people dont use the family name anymore

like that its confusing yaar

no probs with using MANN or AHLUWALIA as family name, just dont be to proud on it...

or else if all sikhs begin using only singh or kaur, there will be MANY confusions in sikh history..

like there is on BHAI MANI SINGH. atleast 4 mani singhs from same era that were important to sikhi.. so many facts got attributed to the wrong one and sikh history got wrong

Veer, we can use our pind's name instead of caste.

still.. Whats wrong with caste name? only if u use it.. if u dont practise it...

but i agree tht sikhs shud also marry out of caste..

What wrong with wearing vulgar clothes.. if u don't commit adultery...

When a person has become an amritdhari, he has no right to practice caste. Thats why I feel Baba Banda Singh Bahadur was one of the greatest sikhs to take birth. He completely rooted out the casteism. He gave high government posts to the low caste and make the rich upper caste people bow in front of them..

Pahari rajas met Dasmesh Pita and offered that our entire parrja will become sikh if u prepare a separate bata for us since we are upper caste. But Guru Sahib said NO. Dashmesh pita said the people whom u consider low caste, I will give them sardarian.

Pracicing casteism is BIPPRAN KE REET. As long as sikhs practice bipran ke reet, we can never get the tejj of Dashmesh Pita.

Lol

veerji,

i dont practise it, but u should keep ur roots right?

just family name... no casteism whatsoever

What roots man. This body is dust.. We came alone and we are going to go alone. All this 'roots' is maya and haummeee.....

This world is just a dream.

Using surnames like gill, sandhu, virk , maan, dhanoaa, brar is only hurting the sikh panth. Its not jatts, bhapas practice caste system a lot as well.. bhapas have ruined AKJ and Barru Sahib.

What about my situation. I never ever ever have or had a caste to retard my Sikhi.

but then since Im white people get mad, lots of antiSikh factions taking over the blind Sikhs.

If I speak up against all the stupidity within Sikhi then Im called a hater. When should we start an organization called ProPanthicPeople and anyone ever goes off track they get booted until pesh and tankiya in front of every member. Its not a jatta but an organization that promotes true Sikhi through all the jattas, meaning if you are akj and you are pro panthic then you can promote Sikhi without people saying youre promoting your jatta etc.

Seeing propanthic grow huge would be a sight for sore eyes to groups like rss and papi-dharis and unity would start to have people understand their own problems, cause for now we Sikhs like to condone the current deralections.

But having a surname does help out with knowing who we are talking about etc. How many Pritam Singhs are there???? I wouldnt even know if they would be talking about me either.