Working In A Shop Or Supermarket Selling Cigs And Tabacco

akal sahai

in response to Captain Q:

wasn't our Panj Piyare.. bhai Sahib Singh ji a barber by profession?? wud u call this profession kirit kammai??

probably before he gave his head?? after that obviously he quit.

do you have proof that he quit?

why would he quit? he's not cutting his hair? its a paap to cut the hair of a non-sikh?

Guru Maharaj ji's horse wouldn't even enter a tobacco field, just remember that!

^^^ if guruje's horse would not go near tobacco.... WHY WOULD GURUJEE'S SIKHS????

if gurujee told us to stay away from all that... WHY ON EARTH WOULD ONE OF OUR PANJ CARRY ON WITH THE JOB??? :umm: come on.... get it with!

why so ic an make money to live.

Lol do you realise that it is a buisiness..you are not making them or asking anyone to buy, they ask you.

Please get in your time machien and step forward about 30decades

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you DO have a choice.

I come from a relative POOR family. My grandfather passed away when my dad was 7. My dad had 3 older sisters. All the stress fell on my grandma as all our relatives just thought of plots on how to take their money and land away. They lived on incomes of under 10-20 rupees a day! She use to stitch for a profession. Little small things. Dad also use to make small toy cars out o wood to sell in the pind. Yes this was the past but my point which I am trying to make is, we DO have a choice.

Today, dads sisters are married and happy, in wealthy families with businesses. Dad tried many professions, but knew with limited education he did not have the talent but he still committed in learning new things.

This was 20 years ago. Today with the growing economy we are in, we have A LOT more choices. And trust me, im sure people have a better option then making just $10-12 an hour or owning a store and making not even 25-30K annually. Get out more, do your research, stay in school, you are not bound to one workstyle !

[/i]People that are saying that touching meat is bad, last i checked, we were all containers of meat :) People freak out when meat is mentioned, they say we have to stay away from even touch of meat. But, I think we forget that if it was not for the touch of meat, life would cease to exist. (I tried to keep it clean due to kids on this board)

[/size][/font]

if meat and our skin are same thing then why dnt u cut ur leg and fry it and serve ur family or kill ur kids and eat them? after all they r meat too, why kill somebody's kids? means goat , pig , hen etc....

yea we r maas but the mass which which u get by killing aminals to sell so that people can eat it.. why wud u like to touch that?

I still fail to understand how touching meat, any kind of meat, will effect you in any way at all :umm:

Anyways, this is my last post in this topic. People can and will do what they like, it's their choice. Who am I to tell anyone otherwise.

call me extremist, but i beleive the only way to do "truthful living" Is by living a a self sufficent life. One where you get your own food, grow your own food, get your own water, make your own house, make yourself a car, make yourself clothes. Money is the root of all evil. I beleive that getting any job, isn't truthful living, because of tax and your money goes to people, who are full of the 5 vices. How can we be lead by sinners? Only a pure hearted person should be left in charge of running a country. Any job, somewhere down the line will aid, criminals, we are doing more bad than good. And I beleive giving money to charity is wrong to, we should help them ourselves. Not give them money, or to someone we trust. Alot of money given to charities, doesn't even get used correctly. In every country there a slums, people aren't given an equal oppurtunity.

If you work for someone, they are most likely sinners, if you live in todays society, the leaders of the countries are sinners. They might not be ruthless killers or stealers, but they are not in accordance with Gods command, how can we be part of this? How can we be told what to do by this. Because everywhere is dictatorship, do as your told, or else. It may not be as bad as Hitler, but still it isn't right either. The government, recognises issues, going in the world like global warming, and it isn't even being made a priority. They are destroying the planet and they don't even care. Sure they are trying to sort it out. But we have all these schemes saying, "this will be completed in 2020 blah blah blah" by then it will be to late. WE are letting ourselves be run by people destroying Gods gift to us. Still it won't happen, God will not allow it. But we are letting them destroy it. Even if you are not contributing towards it, you are still sinning, if you are not protecting it.

If you think about it, the laws of of every country isn't real. It is made up by humans. So it has been signed on paper with a stamp or whatever, but this is nothing to God. That doesn't make something official. Politicians are making rules and regs, and if are not going to follow them you will get arrested. To go to a different country you need things like a passport. But nobody owns the Earth, it belongs to God. Society now has been made that if you don't follow it, if you don't want to be dictated, you don't stand a chance of living.

I'm not exactly doing truthful living either, but i'm going to after I learn more how to. If you think about it, every one on the planet who eats meat, when they don't have shortages of vegetables and other foods, are truly selfish. Most people on the planet are not in accordance with Gods command. The most pious are rare. But how can we let them run the lands of the Earth. Guru Gobind Singh ji fought against, this kind of tyranny, they were the mughals, obviously it isn't that bad today, like i said before, but we can't let sinners be in charge of this precious gift of the Earth.

I still fail to understand how touching meat, any kind of meat, will effect you in any way at all :umm:

Anyways, this is my last post in this topic. People can and will do what they like, it's their choice. Who am I to tell anyone otherwise.

its all about self respect.

when u show ur self like u dnt eat meat or u can say u r gursikh then it doest give pride to a gursikh to deal with things like that.

by touching u do not get patit but when u r being a part of the sale of those things then its bad.

and dnt get upset

ethe chaldian rendia gallan. dnt worry

fateh,

Veer jee my father owns gas stations and liquor stores in the united states. He has been amritdhari for a while before he came to the us. The thing is my dad made less money with a construction company in new york to support his wife(my mom), me, my two brothers and our grand parents. so he had to move out here in arkansas to buy a less expensive business that made double profit. So my point is if you have no choice like my father who was uneducated to get a better job you can according to me and my family sell tobacco at a convinient store, you have no choice but to sell it. I used to work for my dad when I was in high school, after I graduated from high school I have a part time job at the ATT corporate office as a representative and I make more money then most adults with a high school diploma. so dont do it if you can find a better job, only if you have to.

lets show some faith for our father. he will provide. maybe you'll get a job a bit later, with less pay, but the khushia of Dasmesh Pita are priceless.

Guru Maharaj ji's horse wouldn't even enter a tobacco field, just remember that.

YEAH LETS ALL GET REAL.....I understand the limits of faith or I should say for some people there is no limit for faith. The one who posted this nonsense I have a answer for him or her....When you have a wife and kids and top of that you have bills and expensives to pay, you are not gonna sit home and have faith so guru jee will throw food at you.....you would have to work hard to earn that money to feed your family and survive. what if the person only has one way to work his expensives out such as a convenient store? I know many amritdhari people in cali who own gas stations and they are responsible family men and also sikhs of guru jee. When you have a family, you will realize what these men have to go through not for their future but their families.

Why dont you leave america/canada/uk/even india for another planet where women dont walk around half naked on streets....are u gonna stay inside your home forever?...guru jee would never walk streets where half naked women walked...?u see where I am getting at?? have faith but dont talk like 10 year olds in this crazy world, you wont survive buddy.

okay, so your dad had it tough, so he HAD to sell tobacco and liqour to make a living. But does this make his choice the right choice?

And one more thing, you have called a Sakhi of Guru Maharaj "nonsense". Watch your tongue.

you still have no idea what I called nonsense....?you need to watch your brain lol.......that was his only choice to support the family, he couldnt have made it if he only had a grocery store with groceries in em or a dollar store which costs alot of money to franchise.....this is what alot of people were doing to suppot their big families....even though it was not right for him to sell but there is nothing else he can do which will have the same profit to support the family and the expensives. people have daughters who need to get married, our punjabi culture is still intervening with our religion such as in marriage. these days people spent more then 100k on marriages like its water, so these people know what they have to do for their daughters.

you still have no idea what I called nonsense....?you need to watch your brain lol.......that was his only choice to support the family, he couldnt have made it if he only had a grocery store with groceries in em or a dollar store which costs alot of money to franchise.....this is what alot of people were doing to suppot their big families....even though it was not right for him to sell but there is nothing else he can do which will have the same profit to support the family and the expensives. people have daughters who need to get married, our punjabi culture is still intervening with our religion such as in marriage. these days people spent more then 100k on marriages like its water, so these people know what they have to do for their daughters.

Sorry for getting involved in this and it might sound harsh but HE should never of worked selling posion to people. No matter what the consequence, the biggest consequence, is the one you get from God. If he quit that job, and have faith in Guruji, then Guruji would of taken care of him. Guruji would of found him another job if thats what he wanted. Even if it seemed impossible. Because God is the fulfiller of all desires. God is the only true companion, you may have friends, but for how long? are they always with you? no, but God he is always there, even after death, he is the only one you should obey, forget money. Even if it means living on the street. The true devotees of God, would be willing to do anything for God, even if it means their own life. You yourself say that punjabi culture is getting in the way of Sikhi, but you should only focus on God, and the wealth will come to you. Why don't you just let God take care of you