Sikh's Will Become Hindus Again?

wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

I read this comment by a Afghan Muslim on a forum:

"The Sikhs brought up by a mixture of Islam and Hinduism, were ferocious warriors who pushed us back into Afghanistan. They will either abort themselves out of existence (Kurri Maar) or cut their hair and become Hindus again"

Although i disagree with the mixture part the rest is 100% true. You will see more Sikhs paying homage to Naina Devi Mandir than Hindus! The Sikh youth in Punjab are now 80% with hair cuts.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would disagree with this.

Firstly, when I was young all kids my age were never into Sikhi, yet when I go to Gurdwara now I seeso many young Sikhs, with dhumallas, kakkars, patkay, some really young 2-3 year olds in full banna and it is so beautiful, it was never the case when I was young. So Sikhi is thriving and the young generation is strong and rising.

In India, yes there is a lot of hair cut, but agin this is being tackled, and these things take time to filter through. So to

be pessimistic is playing right into the hands of those doom and gloomers. Anyways, Sikhi was created by Guru Sahib Ji, Guru Ji says - "Khalsa mayro mukh hey angaa", you thing Guru Ji will let Sikhs whither away? I don't think so.

You could take the same argument with the muslins, their young are going bad, into drugs, organised crime, loose on their faith, so it happens in all groups, the secret is to keep plugging away and as trhe youth emerge into young adults then things will change for the better.

Sikhi is about quality and not quantity. People who are DESTINED to do kamayee of Gurmat Naam, will do so, they cant be stopped. We are living in a world where there are no morals left, the rich is sucking the blood of the poor. Most occupations have been ruined due to the greed of manmukhs. Air, water, food has been poisoned. Telivision has ruined people. In such an erraa, only a person with strong Guru Kirpa can remain firm in Sikhi and there are decent number of people who are following sikhi with full vigour.

Wjkk Wjkf ji

Sikh world is going through difficult times. On one hand, people in India are cutting their hair with the western influences sweeping the moralities under the carpet. On the other hand, we have sikh 'extermism', people who, maaf karna, seem to take great pride in playing the 'part' with bana/chola but i personally know some who dont follow gurbani properly. For them, its more about jathebandi and politics than the actual shuh karms. Im sorry, i might be totally wrong, and perhaps I am not the right person to comment on this anyway, but being a 'sikh' returning back to maryada, both opposite ends make me sad.

As far as Kuri Maar is concerned, it is all down to education. Unless we dont educate the poorest of the poor, such things will happen, purely out of ignorance. Once those people realise that girls are equal to men, can take care of their families by earning and doing decent jobs, maybe point of views will change then.

Also, maaf karna, i think we need to drop so called 'male ego', something which we see so much in sikh world. Once that augann is controlled, with Waheguru jis blessings, we will learn to deal with above situations in a much more rational way.

And no, Khalsa will never die. Guru jis word is infintely more powerful than these little problems we brothers and sisters are facing these days, by Waheguru ji's grace, we will sail through this ocean too just as we have done in the past.

Bhull chukk maaf ji

Sikhi is about quality and not quantity. People who are DESTINED to do kamayee of Gurmat Naam, will do so, they cant be stopped. We are living in a world where there are no morals left, the rich is sucking the blood of the poor. Most occupations have been ruined due to the greed of manmukhs. Air, water, food has been poisoned. Telivision has ruined people. In such an erraa, only a person with strong Guru Kirpa can remain firm in Sikhi and there are decent number of people who are following sikhi with full vigour.

Another thing I wish to add is the importance of Raaj. If we have punj sikhs like Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, Baba Attar Singh jee, Baba Mitt Singh jee, Baba Nand Singh jee, we will have sikhi flourishing all over Punjab.

I agree that is the case in India, but across the rest of the world, more and more people are realising Sikhi. I think the problem is they don't know what they are missing out on, they don't think there is any benefits, of having a Sikh way of life. But you can't blame them, because I beleive nobody taught them about their religion. So if they know very little about it, then how its there fault? Same with me i was born into a Sikh family but i don't know alot, because nobody taught me, so now i wish that i did have knowledge from an early age, it really helps. However some of us are blessed with gifts of knowledge from an early age, but they still don't make the right choice. Because it is only when with the Grace of the guru you can become a Sikh.

So really you need to experience it for yourself, but still, it would be good to be tought it from early on. Education is important, but not the crappy schools we go to know, where you just have to take in information, then remember it for a test, to try and get qualifications, these are useless acheivements in the eyes of God. We should be tought usefull things. We did do Sikhism in primary school (i live in england) but that was very short, not nearly as much as learning about the christian faith.

WE shall never die out, but we should be trying to educate more and more people, i think there would be many more Sikhs as a result, and the world would be a better place.