Dasam Granth And 8 Compositions

guptveer1469

Between 1895-1897, the Sodhak Comittee researched 32 Dasam Granth Birs, whom allmost all were different as some had 1 composition before another one, or jus that 1 bir had more compositions than the other one. So to make all clear, and 1 standard Dasam Granth bir, they deleted 8 banis and made 1 granth.

Now my question is, why were those banis deleted? They were part of the Dasam Granth, and were there for a reason(?)

I can understand 1 composition being deleted, BECAUSE in the Patna Sahib Dasam Granth Bir, there was a Hindu composition Bhagvad Geeta. But the rest, like Vaar Malkauns Ki, Sansahar Sukhmana, etc being deleted.. Any reason? Those banis was it infiltration of the British, and thats why they deleted it?

1. Historical Mani Singh bir has 15 compositions.

2. Historical Moti Bagh bir has 19 compositions.

3. Historical Sangrur bir has 19 compositions.

4. Historical Patna Sahib bir has 22 compositions.

Please note that in some granth, Zafarnama was both in Persian and Punjabi, so thats why there is 1 bani more.

The current Dasam Granth has 15(?) compositions.

And I'm not Anti-Dasam Granth, by any chance, so don't attack me.

It was not the Bhagavad Gita but the Gobind Gita,- a translation and commentary of the Bhagavad Gita and how Maharaj saw the composition. It talks about the Khalsa warriors and the warriors in Krishnas army etc.

I think they made one standard Dasam Granth because they saw what the different volumes had in common, and rejected the places they did not agree on. There is however doubt regarding the author. It starts with "Ik Oankaar Sri Waheguru ji ki fateh pahshahi 10" but the writing style seems more similiar to one of the court poets than that of Maharaj bani in akal ustat and bachitar natak etc.

Oh thanks for correcting ji... My bad.. actually I read that from anti-Dasam Granth writer JS Mann's article.. thats why..

So maybe it is just not Maharaj's bani...

But then what about

Sansahar Sukhmana?

Vaar Malkauns?

Vaar Bhagauti Ki?

and those 4 others?

Oh thanks for correcting ji... My bad.. actually I read that from anti-Dasam Granth writer JS Mann's article.. thats why..

So maybe it is just not Maharaj's bani...

But then what about

Sansahar Sukhmana?

Vaar Malkauns?

Vaar Bhagauti Ki?

and those 4 others?

You ought to be cautious of JSMann and what he writes.

He is famous for making arbitrary statements without even giving any reference. Most of what he writes originates in his own brain. He is good at making conspiracy theories.

A classical example of his fallacies and misinformation:

http://www.santsipahi.org/patshahi10/sodha...ee-members.html

First of all report isnt in English and i can't decipher that punjabi one...

Second, maybe what JS mann says is true, coz he also refers to Piara Singh Padam's work, where in all 4 birs of Dasam Granth, Padam gives each n every composition in it..

Uggardanti was never part of Dasam Granth as far as i know..

First of all report isnt in English and i can't decipher that punjabi one...

Second, maybe what JS mann says is true, coz he also refers to Piara Singh Padam's work, where in all 4 birs of Dasam Granth, Padam gives each n every composition in it..

Uggardanti was never part of Dasam Granth as far as i know..

As Mike Singh said the best way to understand this is by reading the actual Sodhak Committee Report.

Rest, what XYZ says is irrelevant.