Washing Kes

Guest _bubbles_

Guest _bubbles_

fateh.

do you guys wash your kes separately from the rest of your body? or do you just wash it in your regular shower. reason i ask is that im finding it awkward keeping all kakkars on and washing kes in my regular morning shower. the other problem is that when i try washing my kes seperetely i end up making a mess in the bathrrom!

any advice for a newbie?

sorry for the stupid question x

hey man i didnt have a clue on this topic either. i had to phone my mate and ask him what to do. lol. what i do is just bend over into the bath tub and wash my kesh seperately. my keksi tied around my waist kanga tied up too. its easier like this. just bend over and wash ur hair. then i do my body after/later

The following is by Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji Gurduara Tapoban Sahib:

According to what I have learned in the sangat of Gursikhs and from books by Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, here is the procedure we should follow at amritvela:

1) We should get up at amritvela.

2) We should try to clean our stomach (through excretion) before doing ishnaan.

3) We should brush our teeth (or use daatun).

4) Tie our keski to our waist, wrap Siri Sahib (kirpaan) around keski and also keep your kanga there. Open our kesh.

5) Use full cold water (no hot water at all) and wash your hair and face. In Canada, water is ice-cold in summer and winter. The feeling after taking shower in cold water is amazing. Consciousness reaches it's maximum. Abhyaas goes automatically.

6) After washing your hair, soak out water and comb your hair and beard. Wash your kanga and place in in your jooRa (hair knot). Tie your keski ( a new one, a fresh one) on your head.

7) Wash your Siri Sahib and Gaatra or use your second set of washed gaatra and Siri Sahib and tie it around your head.

8) Now do ishnaan of your body, again with pure cold water. Such is the affect of cold water (ice cold water) that automatically swaas swaas simran abhyaas starts in full force. The feeling after ishnaan with cold water is undescribible (beyond description).

9) Keep separate towels for your body and hair. Use your body wala towel and dry your body.

10) Remove your kachherra and ensure that the right leg is removed first. Keep the wet kachhera in your left leg for now.

11) Take your new (fresh) kachhera (must be white kachherra, long till knees) and place your right foot or leg in the new kachherra. Now remove your left leg from the wet kachherra and wear your left leg in the new kachherra.

12) All the time while we do ishnaan we must do either Siri Jap jee Sahib or Vaheguru Gurmantra or Mool Mantra. Otherwise Guru Sahib does not accept ishnaan dee sewa.

Bhul chukk dee maafi.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

The following is by Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji Gurduara Tapoban Sahib:

According to what I have learned in the sangat of Gursikhs and from books by Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, here is the procedure we should follow at amritvela:

1) We should get up at amritvela.

2) We should try to clean our stomach (through excretion) before doing ishnaan.

3) We should brush our teeth (or use daatun).

4) Tie our keski to our waist, wrap Siri Sahib (kirpaan) around keski and also keep your kanga there. Open our kesh.

5) Use full cold water (no hot water at all) and wash your hair and face. In Canada, water is ice-cold in summer and winter. The feeling after taking shower in cold water is amazing. Consciousness reaches it's maximum. Abhyaas goes automatically.

6) After washing your hair, soak out water and comb your hair and beard. Wash your kanga and place in in your jooRa (hair knot). Tie your keski ( a new one, a fresh one) on your head.

7) Wash your Siri Sahib and Gaatra or use your second set of washed gaatra and Siri Sahib and tie it around your head.

8) Now do ishnaan of your body, again with pure cold water. Such is the affect of cold water (ice cold water) that automatically swaas swaas simran abhyaas starts in full force. The feeling after ishnaan with cold water is undescribible (beyond description).

9) Keep separate towels for your body and hair. Use your body wala towel and dry your body.

10) Remove your kachherra and ensure that the right leg is removed first. Keep the wet kachhera in your left leg for now.

11) Take your new (fresh) kachhera (must be white kachherra, long till knees) and place your right foot or leg in the new kachherra. Now remove your left leg from the wet kachherra and wear your left leg in the new kachherra.

12) All the time while we do ishnaan we must do either Siri Jap jee Sahib or Vaheguru Gurmantra or Mool Mantra. Otherwise Guru Sahib does not accept ishnaan dee sewa.

Bhul chukk dee maafi.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

wicked reply

you also should use a separate towel for ur body, face and kes

fateh.

do you guys wash kes separately from the rest of your body? or do you just wash it in your regular shower. reason i ask is that im finding it awkward keeping all kakkars on and washing kes in my regular morning shower. the other problem is that when i try washing my kes seperetely i end up making a mess in the bathrrom!

any advice for a newbie?

sorry for the stupid question x

:rolleyes: ..Yeahhh :D Mines a Lot Longer:D

Beautifullllllll :D

What if you have hair in other parts of the body? do you wash them seperatly to? Why is the hair on the top of your head more important then the hair in other areas. Im assuming this as you have said to wash it seperatly. But all hair is equal? because we don't cut any of our hair. So wouldn't washing kes seperatly, mean washing all hair on the body seperate? Or is there another reason to wash the hair on top of your head seperate?

What if you have hair in other parts of the body? do you wash them seperatly to? Why is the hair on the top of your head more important then the hair in other areas. Im assuming this as you have said to wash it seperatly. But all hair is equal? because we don't cut any of our hair. So wouldn't washing kes seperatly, mean washing all hair on the body seperate? Or is there another reason to wash the hair on top of your head seperate?

there is a reason ji,.

washing ur kes after means u can keep all ur kakkars on u whilst doing so.

if u wash ur kes first, its hard to put all ur kakars on u whilst doing so.

so whilst washing ur kes after, u have ur new kashera on, ur kirpan with kanga in it and then ur keski wrapped around u so u can wash ur kes :)

Another post about this:

A Singh with MAHAA Gyaan explained that everyone is quick to say that you should have cold Ishnaan every morning. BUT that isn't straight away jump in the bath full of cold water. That doesnt mean jump in the shower turn the cold tap on full blast. It is important to use WARM water FIRST, because only warm or hot water can get rid of dirt. Cold water just hardens the mehl (dirt) and thats it. Try it, wash a clothing that has a stain on it with cold water and try scrubbing it so that it comes off - IT WILL NOT COME OFF (trust me...). Then put that same peice of clothing into hot or warm water and then scrub it - it WILL take time to take the stain off but it WILL come off. What am getting at is that Singh Jee explained that FIRST use WARM water to clean yourself, then after use cold water you wake yourself up.

im not trying to start anything.

just showing another "opinion".