Buying A Vaaja

Guest _harsimrankaur_

Guest _harsimrankaur_

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh

I'm planning to buy a vaaja from the internet (no other options available at the moment and i really need to get one badly). Can you recommend any sites where i could get quality harmoniums that wouldn't be too expensive? I'm only a beginner, so it doesn't need to be anything very fancy, a portable one would be preferred though. And it should be either from UK/Europe or India.

I've found some with ok prices from chardikalaa.com and raj musicals. Any experiences or other suggestions?

thanks

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _harsimrankaur_
I've never bourght one online but i feel the best way to buy vaja's are from Ragis as the usally wanna sell their vaja before they go back to india so u can get it cheap and u know its good quality :D

VJKK VJKF!!

Yup, i've heard so! But i live in Finland and i've yet to see a raagi here. Maybe i should travel to UK or something then. But i'm too lazy right now. But if someone volunteers s/he can get one on my behalf and send or bring it to me :p :g:

Guest _harsimrankaur_
Or the vaaja can grow wings...

Either way...You'll have it ;-)

Maybe not.. :umm: i would need to keep it in a cage then, and no way is such a cage going to fit in my room.

Guest _harsimrankaur_

I was checking out Bina's harmoniums earlier today, they seem and sound quite alright. Btw, is there some particular benefit if the vaaja is made of teak instead of some other material?

I've heard that Nagi's harmoniums are good too, or even the very best, but are they available at some place in UK? or India? (online, i mean) I found some being sold in the US, but it would cost too much because of the shipping.

Or the vaaja can grow wings...

Either way...You'll have it ;-)

Maybe not.. :umm: i would need to keep it in a cage then, and no way is such a cage going to fit in my room.

:lol: Wicked imagination...No wings, No cage...then...

Maybe you can make the effort to go and get the Vaaja yourself...SOOoooo instead of the Vaaja---You can grow the WINGS...like an angel... =)...COOL?

Check this site out: http://www.jas-musicals.com/sectrad/126/Harmonium-cases.asp

I believe they have great variety and the prices seem fair as well.

Also a suggestion, do not settle for less or junior vajai. Buy a good one and you never know your skills might enhance in short time and then you will be looking to buy a better vaja. So spend the money now and get a good decent vaja.

There is contact information there if you need to know more about what your buying (ie. brandname etx..)

Hope that helps :)

Raj musicals is really Good. Bhai Kultar Singh used to get his vaja from there and Bhai Avtar Singh jee used to play Raj Musicals tous. Principle Dyal Singh jee Rakab Ganj Sahib Vidyala also buys instruments from them. I have done kirtan on both a raj musicals and DMS vaja, they are both great. Personally I would say go for raj musicals. Below is the DMS website if u want to order from them

http://www.indianmusicalinstruments.com/