Conversion To Sikhism ?

WJKK WJKF,

I am doing some research. Does Sangat Ji have any experience/ know of 'non Sikhs' converting to Sikhism ?

I am not talking about the H2O/ Harbhajan Singh Yogi type movements.

I am interested where 'non Sikhs' have become Sikhs because of their Sikh partner ?

Also, I am eager to understand specifically if you know of any muslims who have become Sikhs -their reasons/ how, why, etc ?

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Here's one! But i became a sikh for other reasons than a partner. :) I was also a muslim for some time before finding out about Sikhi. I can tell more if you're interested!

(interesting list, btw.. didn't know before that Macauliffe actually converted to sikhi)

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

in central london theres quite afew. theres a black african sikh family that regularly go to shepards bush gurdwara. theres a british white bibi i used to serve when i used to work down oxford street, theres a mixed race portugese bibi my brother knows, she told me they needed some khangae and karae, so i brought loads from sri amritsar for her and the sangat. i think they meet up in archway somewhere (needs confirming).

there was a white bibi who chhaked amrit when with us when we did, also theres afew white british born sikhs here and there in west london. Oh yea, afew years back, i heard there was a muslim convert who has been a devout sikh for many years, he was doing seva in panj during the nagar keertan (needs confirming).... theres afew muslim converts (male and female) here and there. at the moment many muslims are converting to christianity but they have to live their life in hiding. there was a documentary on tv about it some time ago. theres also cases in newyork and india of muslims converting to sikhi but generally, in our community we dont really publicise it.

my bro talks to afew on a regular basis. pm me if you would like to make contact. im sure they wont mind, theyre generally happy lovely poeple.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Here's one! But i became a sikh for other reasons than a partner. :) I was also a muslim for some time before finding out about Sikhi. I can tell more if you're interested!

(interesting list, btw.. didn't know before that Macauliffe actually converted to sikhi)

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Waheguru...Mind sharing? :p