Respect For Kesh (sanskar)

Guest _Akali_

Guest _Akali_

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guru Maharaj di apaar kirpa naal, daas has been keeping the hair that has been removed from kesh while doing kangha for a while now. Quite a lot has collected so, it is time to do sanskaar. This will be the first time daas is doing it, but am not sure how. Could someone please explain the most respectful way to do so? Also, my dad has said that it will cause a lot of smell when the kesh are burnt, is this true, if so how can this be prevented?

Thank you

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Ah cool, thanks for that Matheen Ji, I'll try that one. I'm hoping to stop throwing broken Kesh away. But the thing is, I feel there's not much point just doing it just for the Kesh from Kangha I'd have to go around the whole house collecting all the Kesh that gets around the floor. Those with wooden floors will know what I mean lol :)

why burn those kesh if it will smell bad,just throw them out...Also u missed the hair that fell on ur carpet and other places in your house go look for them with maharaajs kirpa and do their saskaar too? hahaha. Also dont forget desi ghee like matheen said....waste ghee on hair that fell out haha...I never heard of these rituals until I got online on Sikhsangat hahaha....never seen gursikhs do that in punjab maybe I wasnt looking deep.

May be you should read the Taksal Rehat Maryada and then think of the comments you made bhai sahib jeo.

why burn those kesh if it will smell bad,just throw them out...Also u missed the hair that fell on ur carpet and other places in your house go look for them with maharaajs kirpa and do their saskaar too? hahaha. Also dont forget desi ghee like matheen said....waste ghee on hair that fell out haha...I never heard of these rituals until I got online on Sikhsangat hahaha....never seen gursikhs do that in punjab maybe I wasnt looking deep.

well yeah I've known alot of taksali singhs from my village...our bhai at the village gurudwara got vidya from mehta chownk and I have never seen him burn his fell out hair.....Its not a big thing in punjab I suppose....i dont know its just funny...Apology

well yeah I've known alot of taksali singhs from my village...our bhai at the village gurudwara got vidya from mehta chownk and I have never seen him burn his fell out hair.....Its not a big thing in punjab I suppose....i dont know its just funny...Apology

hair of an amritdhari singh contain amrit in it, 5 singh put amrit in kesh while amrit sanchar. how is it respectful to throw ur hair in garbage? whats wrong with burning them? u think its ritual then why the dead bodies are burned? why u juz dnt threw them in rivers?

if u cant do efforts for collection ur hair and cant bear the bad smell then dont feel very happy. u think desi ghee got wasted on hair? why people waste om dead bodies? u r forgetting that we r sons of shahe shahen shah guru gobind singh ji, we r royal coz we belong to royal family. i wud suggest to buy sandal wood and burn hair with that with more desi ghee.

when guru gobind singh je went to see shaheed singhs in battlefield, he removed his pavittar charana da joda only because he dnt wanted to walk over from kesh of singh with his jode. this shows us how to respect kesh.

Bhagat Kabeer jee said it doesnt matter to him if his dead body was burned, buried or thrown in the river....

Jay Mirtak Kao Chandan Charravai

Ous Tay Kahahu Kaval Fll Paavai

Jay Mirtak Kao Bistaa Maahe Rulaaee

Taa Mirtak Kaa Keaa Ghut Jaaee|| 3||

some of the reasons we burn bodies cuz its good for the environment and takes up no space...dont forget cremation was way before religion came to existence in india....so I am glad Sikhs kept it alive...well you are probably stepping on kesh right now in your house...because hair fall regardless the length of it..so make sure where you step in your house and try to collect all the hair in your house and do sanskaar with alot of ghee..?theek a

hair of an amritdhari singh contain amrit in it, 5 singh put amrit in kesh while amrit sanchar. how is it respectful to throw ur hair in garbage? whats wrong with burning them? u think its ritual then why the dead bodies are burned? why u juz dnt threw them in rivers?

if u cant do efforts for collection ur hair and cant bear the bad smell then dont feel very happy. u think desi ghee got wasted on hair? why people waste om dead bodies? u r forgetting that we r sons of shahe shahen shah guru gobind singh ji, we r royal coz we belong to royal family. i wud suggest to buy sandal wood and burn hair with that with more desi ghee.

when guru gobind singh je went to see shaheed singhs in battlefield, he removed his pavittar charana da joda only because he dnt wanted to walk over from kesh of singh with his jode. this shows us how to respect kesh.

If your kangha becomes damaged in anyway it should be replaced immediately. The kangha is placed on the head, thehighest point of the body and thus becomes supreme. In the same way the Khalsa is to become supreme by removingego and being humble. Just as the kangha removes broken hairs and cleans the hair physically, it is also spiritually questioning the individual as to how many good and bad deeds have been committed during he day. Just as clean hair is attached to your head so are your good deeds. Similarly, as broken hairs are removed by your kangha, your vices should be removed in the same way. The hairs removed by the kangha are not to be thrown in a dirty place or on the floor. They are to be kept in a clean and dry place/container and when enough hair has gathered they are to be burnt,

this is out of respect for the Kes which are worth more to a Sikh than his/her life. Women and children are to tie a string to their kangha so that it can easily be tied to their hair, and to stop it from falling. At home two to four spare kanghas areto be kept.

Gurmat Rehat Maryada - Damdamitaksaal jatha Bhindra

www.damdamitaksaal.org page 12