Clearing The Mind Whilst Meditating

Guest Relax-singh

Guest Relax-singh

WJKK WJKF

I am having difficulty clearing my mind whilst doing my panj bahnia...... as i have been doing this for sometime i am fortunate to know it off the top of my head however i still have a gotka incase i get lost.

I do however seem to find myself thinking about other things and my mind tends to stray....any tips on how i can focus on what i am doing and nothing else?

Thanks in advance.

WJKK WJKF

I am having difficulty clearing my mind whilst doing my panj bahnia...... as i have been doing this for sometime i am fortunate to know it off the top of my head however i still have a gotka incase i get lost.

I do however seem to find myself thinking about other things and my mind tends to stray....any tips on how i can focus on what i am doing and nothing else?

Thanks in advance.

This is not child’s play to clear the mind it takes a lot of time and effort, maybe even life times. One needs to do 24/7 hours of naam abhiyaas. The mind while talking, eating and sleeping etc needs to have its concentration on naam the word waheguroo, only doing the panj baniya da path aint really going to clear the mind because really we are not following the teachings of the nitnem which is athi pehar naam abhiyaas.

Start of with intense abhiyaas of naam with the tongue, slowly it goes to the breath and then the mind then raas is experienced etc. try it but from what ive seen only some follow the rest debate and discuss. Main thing is amrit wela, personally I know singhs who sleep at 9 and awake at 12 doing abhiyaas and nitnem till 6 sleeping half hour and then doing there normal gristee duties and has been doing so for more than 15 years.

What tends to happen is we youngsters do it for a couple of days and then think we clocked it, automatically we drop back to our bad habits like sleeping late, watching tv or on here to see whos replied to my post etc. When doing nitnem or talking typing listening etc have your mind on naam its possible you can talk to some one but have this back voice repeating waheguroo waheguroo, but firstly 2 hours min of naam abhiyaas is needed at amritwela, then increase that, start repeating the word waheguroo while walking and then start at keertan prog, do like 2 hours before and then 2 hours after, when going to sleep jaap naam and fall asleep that way. rehits such as having a full cold ishnaan, bibek such as eating less, speaking less and sleeping less, not watching tv, not coming on to this site not socilising with non abhiyassis, you see we are here for ourselves, we came on our own and will go on our own, we will be asked how much bhagti have we done not how much you helped others do. Sort ourself out and others will come later on the rest will just moan, nor am I bothered. Then when our bhagti has reached a level where no one can bring it down then share your ways but not yet, it will only go to waste. Even with this post a few of you will get inspired do a bit of abhiyaas and back to our old ways, it always happens but only a few are blessed with naam abhiyasi gursikhs sangat, which is something that can not be written or shared. Do not try to find sikhi through these waste of time websites go ang beg him for the sachi sikhi and sachi sangat.

all this I have learned from my fellow gursikh brothers who have achieved higher levels of naam bhagti, theres a lot more but very long to write here.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa Waheguroo ji ki fateh

Catch your thoughts...

What I mean to say is...

When you start to think about something while doing Paath---RIGHT AWAY remind yourself of what you are doing. For example: Tell yourself that now I'm doing Jap Ji sahib and I am on the 5th pauri....so on...

Keep reminding yourself of what you are doing...The mind likes to stay in the past or skip to the future but this way, by reminding yourself, you stay in the present...

Panj Baniyan (Nitnem)

1) Jap - for Brahm Gian

2) Jaap - to get to know Brahm Saroop

3) Swaey - Pakhand da naas

4) Chaupai - Benti for Rakhsha

5) Anand - to reach Anand state

Evening - Rehras - all evil sins of the day washed away

Night time - Sohila - to stop bad dreams at night

Gurmantar - Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

Mool Mantar - Ik oankar satnam karta purakh nirbhau nirvair akal murat ajuni sai bhang gurprasad jap aad sach jugaad sach hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach

Guest _kookar88_

speak it out loud ..

dont do it in ur mind ... speak it loud .. its harder to lose concentration when u r speakin it out loud .. plus theres a better chance of finding ur mistakes :D

wjkkwjkf

think every nitnem is ur last :)

Waahegurooo !!!

Just keep trying, don't ever give up... it is/can be extremely difficult... BUT...if we were to put our EVERYTHING into it and if we tried our ABSOLUTE best to keep on the right path, then surely it won't be an issue? (Guru Kirpa i suppose, all we can do is ardaas!)

Again, like i sad... it can be veryy hard!!.. WaaheGurooo Jeee :pray:

Karo Kirpa Gopaal Gobindae Apnaa Naam Japaavo...Har Har Har Gun Gaavo!!! :pray: :WW:

Waahegurooo Jee Ka Khalsa Waahegurooo Jee Kee Fateh Jeeooo*