Lust Has Destroyed Me

Guest LivingDisgrace

ye3zz we all need dat lust part of uz but den how do we control it all. so we dont end up liek paji???

Who/What are you that Lust is a part of?

What happens when you see a beautiful girl or a handsome man? Are you aware of the reaction that happens in your body or do we blindly allow this urge to develop and manifest itself in our minds.......which then forms itself into actions that we often times regret.

You can't control it like we control the actions of your hands or your feet. We in general don't have such power over the mind or not yet atleast. It sees something and a thought will come rushing in and most often we are swept along with the thought as well without even realizing what is happening to us. Even if for a moment we come out of it for a breath of fresh air, we are sucked back in as the urge of the mind/body is stronger than our resolve to detach ourselves from this train of thoughts. The desire to possess the body of another for our own satisfaction has to be contemplated upon. Why is it that we can't appreciate the beauty of a flower without plucking it from its stem? Why is it that we can't see the beauty of a woman and be thankful to the creator for creating such beauty? Why is it that our mind wishes to posses teh beauty for its selfish desire? These questions we must ask our mind. What is it about the flesh and bones of another that we find so attractive that it fills us with lust? We might have forgone the need to taste the meat of an animal, but only to have it be substituted by the meat of the opposite sex.

The quote I posted spoke of a way that through meditation/Simran, we experience a sense of detachment with the body, that we are not the body, nor the mind or the thought or the desire for lust, or lust itself. When these truths migrates from being a thought in our mind to an realization or a direct experience, the detachment occurs naturally and we free ourselves from the bondage of our physical desire of the opposite sex.

The question isn't that we don't have a way (a healthy way) to rid ourselves from our Sexuality, its that do we really want to?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question isn't that we don't have a way (a healthy way) to rid ourselves from our Sexuality, its that do we really want to?
The million dollar question is, why do we not want to ? :umm:

Because it is easy to sit on the sofa and wait for someone to hand you the remote so you can change the channel than it is to getup and pick it up yourself to change the channel. BUT...If the show is really bad, we might force ourselves to get up, but this show isn't so bad is it, its actually a bit pleasing hence the struggle, Guilt is there fed by society and religion, the body wants it, society says no. What to do! so I think I'd rather just call someone to hand me the remote and then when that remote is handed, the batteries will mysteriously die.

What excuse do we have next?

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa ,Waheguru ji ki fateh

I want to confess before the sangat that I am total disgrace to Sikhi.I have comitted sins for which I will never be forgiven.I am a lecherous,lustful and disgusting man.I have degenerated to a level of animal by letting Kaam take over my senses.I am a first rate manmukh.I am sure I will not even be accepted in hell..

Is there any hope for an animal like me?

Concentrate less on your desires and materialism and more on how you can become a better person and a true Sikh. Like Guru ji says conquer your mind and you will conquer the world.