Narakdharis

Mahakal

Banged or beheaded, thats very harsh!

I encourage/do benti to all sangat, please do your research before drawing conclusions about certain groups/sects. Yes, they are bringing our Sikhi down in India and other places, and something does need to be done.

First and foremost, the initial post is written towards NAMDHARIS. I have done very extensive research on this group (not to mention most of my family belongs to this side). You can say Namdharis and even Nirankaris have a lot similar. Both were on the uprise in the 1800s as a prominent positive jatha/group that was all preaching pro-sikh values and practises. It is not until the 1900s from the departure of the british and the rise of other corrupted internal groups in India that these groups started to change.

Source: http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Nirankari (this is not my only source, I have done some research in India as well, but thought I include this for those that want a quick read)

Baba Ram singh jee of namdhari, and Baba Dayal singh jee of the "nirankaris" were great gursikhs of the panth, who only preached the teachings of our gurus. It is only after that people started showing them in a different light as a continuation guruship lineage in Sikhi.

I quote, "The sect was founded by Baba Dayal Singh (1783-1855) a Sahajdhari Sikh whose main mission was to bring Sikhs back to the Adi Granth and nam-simaran."

Doesnt this sound a little too familiar? Isnt this how most groups/jathas start? Than you have corrupted influence by other internal/external groups trying to take all this good away. (ie.RSS)

Again, please do your research and dont draw conclusions based on what others are saying. These groups have just been corrupted in this past century. You can NOT blame the kids that are being born in these groups/sects. They have grown up into them and took it for granted that THIS is sikhi for them. How would you feel, as a Sikh raised with Sikhi/Khalsa principles of Guru Gobind Singh jee, that someone telling you that you are not Sikh?

Just my two cents, bhul chuka maaphi

Naamdharis are no different than Nirankaris (narakdharis). You should do your research before telling others. Its sad to see your family is associated with Narakdharis because they have done nothing but bad for the khalsa panth.

The Nirankari movement was started by one Baba Dyal, a Sehajdhari. He was tired of seeing Sikhism being continuously infiltrated by Hindu rituals and started a movement to purify Sikhism back to its pristine roots. His son, Darbara Singh was responsible for making of the Anand Karaj that we know of today, in which the groom and bride circle the Guru Granth Sahib. This wasa vast change from before, when Sikhs would call Brahmins to conduct their weddings around a fire. Essentially, Nirankaris dissolved into the Panth a while ago and are just Sikhs with no difference in beliefs.

In the 20th century, a cult began called the Sant Nirankaris, supposedly started by a Sikh named Buta Singh, who was a good speaker, but was thrown out of the Gurudwara for showing up drunk. He started his own cult called Sant Nirankaris. Seeing that this branch was corrupt, Indira Gandhi invested a lot of money into this cult to raise them up against the Sikhs by slandering any of the Sikh beliefs, such as Guru Granth Sahib (which ther Baba Gurbachana supposedly put his foot upon), insultin of the Panj Pyare and other insults. The height of conflict came when Gurbachana said n Bisakhi that he would make the Sat Sitarai (7 stars, as a direct counter to the Panj Pyare. Gurbachana claimed to be the Guru of Sikhism, and Indira Gandhi made special arrangements that wherever he would go, he would be treated like a diplomat and recognized as the Guru of the Sikhs).

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji was very upset at this, as were all Sikhs. Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Ji led a Jatha of Sikhs to peacefully protest this slander of the Sikh religion. When the marched to the location of Gurbachana, he and his followers were ready with guns and opened fire on the Sikhs, martyring 13 Sikhs including Bhai Fauja Singh. What was worse was that the police was present and rather than arrest the Nirankaris, hey helped them escape in government cars. This was the first incident that really made Sant Jarnail Singh Ji consider Indira Gandhi an adversary of the Sikhs. After this incident, the Nirankaris (the only ones still calling themselves Nirankaris were the Sant Nirankaris at the time)were excommunicated from the Panth, and later, it is reported that Former Jathedar Bai Ranjit Singh killed Dusht Gurbachana for his crimes against Sikhism.

You may read about the Bisakhi 1978 incident here:

http://www.sikhlionz.com/nirankari.htm

Hukumnama Against Nirankaris by Sri Akaal Takht Sahib

On October 6th 1978, a Hukumnama bearing the Seal of Sri Akal Takht Sahib (by the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht Sahib) was issued, calling upon Gursikhs all over the world to socially boycott these fake "Nirankaris" and not to allow their faith and creed to flourish in the society. This Hukamnama was prepared by a committee comprising of the following:-

Giani Gurdit Singh Ji

Giani Lal Singh Ji

Giani Partap singh Ji

Giani Sadhu Singh ji Bhaura

Sardar Kapur Singh Ji

Sardar Parkash Singh Ji

Sardar Satbir Singh Ji

Through this Hukamnama, all Gursikhs were asked to stop "Roti Beti Di Sanjh", food and marital relations, with the fake Nirankaris.

And the sevadars of SikhSangat.com won't allow any pro-narakdhari posts on SS as per hukam of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib.

Naamdharis are no different than Nirankaris (narakdharis). You should do your research before telling others

Veerai, I am still backing what I said, and believe I have said nothing wrong. Read my post again with an open mind. You have said nothing wrong either, and I respect your thoughts on the issue.

I respect the hukamnama and I do not associate with any of them.

But I do have respect for all, as per Sikhi teachings :)

The leaders of these cults have claimed Guruship for themselves. That is what they have done thats bad.

-Nirankaris openly insulted the Guru granth sahib and also made comments about placing their foot on the guru, whilst claiming guruship for themselves.

-They killed innocent Gursikhs in the past in a planned unprovoked attack.

-Namdharis are just as bad. they claim guruship.

-Concuct stories about 10th guru's life after his departure. Also they alter history and depict the guru taking part in rituals like devi puja.

-They alter the ardas and instead of saying "nanak naam chardi kallaa.."

they say "ram singh naam chardi kalla .

A hukamnama should be issued against namdharis also. A hukamnama against namdharis themselves does not exist as of yet, however there is a hukamnama against namdharis being allowed to do their kirtan at Gurdwareh i believe.