Inquiry : Other Religious Celebrations

TruSoul

Just something that pop in my head.

Other religious celebrations, in this case christmas. Is there anything wrong with me saying happy Christmas to my gawndhi on Christmas day. And maybe if hes been a good gawndhi i give him a box of jalibia ?

Really we are meant to respect all, regarless of what faith they follow. I should respect his faith as i do mine, no ?

Does that mean i gotta take down my christmas tree???

:o :'( :| :mellow: :sad:

lol, horrr youv got a christmas tree? :( so not fair. iv got a pear tree with lights on it :(

Going back to topic, whats so wrong with celebrating ?. Okay i don't mean start eating turkey etc etc, but like going to a xmas dinner (vegy option) and pulling a few crackers ?.

Also is Jesus mentioned anywhere in sikhi ?

lol, horrr youv got a christmas tree? :( so not fair. iv got a pear tree with lights on it :(

I aint just got any tree, i got a 6 foot one with lots of tinsle and flashing fairy lights.... :p

Me dont see nothing wrong with celebrating Christmas, IN THE TRUE SENSE, its no different to the Avatar Purab of our beloved Gurus, except this one for for the Christans....

I think Jesus was wicked man, he had the right message, but its been so badly distorted now, (like most religions)

Just something that pop in my head.

Other religious celebrations, in this case christmas. Is there anything wrong with me saying happy Christmas to my gawndhi on Christmas day. And maybe if hes been a good gawndhi i give him a box of jalibia ?

Really we are meant to respect all, regarless of what faith they follow. I should respect his faith as i do mine, no ?

Truly celebrating Christmas or other holidays involves True Service.

Celebrate Christmas with others by volunteering at soup kitchens, feeding homeless, and giving a donation in the sake of helping downtrodden.

The saying of Merry 'holiday x y or z' should not be politically so correct, else organisations and movements such as atheist societies will be victors in public and political forums.

Indeed, in the past it was necessary to separate state from church, but today be consciously aware of what you are acting and saying.