Need Help Finding This Pic

Guest shastr

does anybody know where i can find that one pic where its a pic of guru nanak dev ji with their head down, and guru gobind singh ji's on their horse with a sword in their hand then on the right side of guru ji, theres a bigger pic of a sword with an ek ongkar. its a pic with all 3 in it, guru nanak dev ji, guru gobind singh ji, and the sword with ek ongkar. anybody know wat im talking about?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know where i can find that one pic where its a pic of guru nanak dev ji with their head down, and guru gobind singh ji's on their horse with a sword in their hand then on the right side of guru ji, theres a bigger pic of a sword with an ek ongkar. its a pic with all 3 in it, guru nanak dev ji, guru gobind singh ji, and the sword with ek ongkar. anybody know wat im talking about?

i just wanted to point out that it is Ik O-unk-aar, not Ek Ongkar. IK=one (punjabi/Gurmukhi). Ek=one (hindi). we should use Ik. and its not ongkaar...its O-Unk-Aar. there is a short 'U' sound after the 'O'. there is half of a 'G' after the 'N' sound. in punjabi, theres a vowel called 'TIPPY'. the tippy is applied when there is an 'ng' sound, but without the 'g'. its EXACTLY like saying the word Hankaar (hunkaar) (ego). notice how there is a different kind of N. sounds like the G is missing, but its not supposed to be there. its not hangkaar right? its hunkaar. and like that, its O-Unkaar, not Ongkar. (like in "Ring", but without the G.) its more complicated than a nasal voice. it ends before the 'G'. For example: say the word 'wrong'. then say the word 'wrong' without the G sound, but dont say it as 'ron' it has to have that (half) of the G, sort of. when we pronounce the letter N, our toungue touches the front, top of our mouth inside. when we pronounce the letter G, our toungue touches the centre part of the top of our mouth. but when we say pronounce the TIPPI, the centre AND the back part of the ceiling in the mouth have to be covered with the toungue.

and when youre releasing the TIPPI sound, dont leave one part of your toungue remain touching your mouths ceiling, otherwise youll be left with an N sound or a G sound.

sorry... i just believe that it is very important for Sikhs to know the most important and first msg of Sikhi, and be able to pronounce it the way it should be.