Gurbani In Newspapers!?!?!?!?

ms514

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

the worst discrespect to bani is putting it on the same page as one of those brahmin babas ads wacko.gif

hmm there isnt an emoticon here the conveys my anger at that enough..

I cant stand those ajmeri baba or whoever else.. and they ahve the nerve to sell these things at gurudwara sahib.. me and some singhs i know whenever we see a stack of filth at gurudwara sahib thats bollywood or ajmeri baba ads whole stack goes straight in the garbage can.

Thats one of the things guru sahib was firmly against and they have the nerve to do that makes me so mad :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

"Pothi Parmeshar Ka Thaan"

Gatkas and other pothis are actually respected in a very similar manner. We just don't leave them here or there. All of them must be stored in Rumalla Sahib in a clean place.

if u respect Gurbani u will read it.. because thats what Gurbani says

YES, reading baani is showing the uttermost respect, BUT however, reading alone is not enough. As I said earlier, you must show physical respect aswell.

Please don't be so quick to reply to posts. Make sure you read them well before u actually post. We are not here to count how many posts someone has posted, but to learn from each other. I believe posting without actually understanding what the other person is saying will only help us get into personal arguments. So lets all try to refrain from doing so.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

good views!! I'm very serious this time but are again missing some points.

"Jithe Jae Bahe Mera Satguru So Thaan Suhava Raam Raaje"

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't take the place where our Satguru Ji resided sometime, just as we do with others. Like we definitely WOULD NOT want to take a piss even close to there. (Sorry) Would we?

and furthermore, m514 asked what if ppl use such printings as toiletries?

Thanks again for enlightening us about what you discussed in your Sikhi class. :D

Guest SikhForLife

vjkk vjkf

hanji veerji.. ofcourse we will never do that!

but heres another view:

if some white guy got a hold of some bani.. he wouldnt know what it is.. and he could use that paper in unknown ways.. so does that disrespect our knowledge Guru?

same thing goes for us

i have a bible at home which those christian missionarys gave me.. and its just there some where in boxes in a closet.. is that disrespecting the bible?

you could even ask the christians and they would say No,....

people keep the bible in their drawers and use it in wierd ways... that doest make them any less of christians! cuz they know whats written in the bible by heart..

if some white guy got a hold of some bani.. he wouldnt know what it is.. and he could use that paper in unknown ways.. so does that disrespect our knowledge Guru?

Good point. But I think only Guru Sahib really knows the 'real' answer to that. In the end, he'll deal according with whoever he thinks has done wrong. We should just try to make sure our Guru Sahib is respected in every possible way.

Wearing shoes with guru sahib is wrong.. even in england in the snow gursikhs do not wear shoes (or so ive heard).

second.. printing bani here and there is dangerous, do u want some homeless guy wiping himself with it?

third.. bible is NOT dhur kee bani, it was not written by jesus himself, it was writen over 200 years after jesus left for sachkhand. that comparison does not work.. also true christians who do have respect for bible keep it in a special drawer or wrapped in special cloths etc, and they dont even beleive its there guru whereas us sikhs.. bani guru, guru hai bani, vich bani amrit sarae.. and we actually have the nerve to argue over this?

Guest SikhForLife

vjkk vjkf

Wearing shoes with guru sahib is wrong.. even in england in the snow gursikhs do not wear shoes (or so ive heard).

even in the rehat it says u can wear shoes

causing self-harm in a such a way is called tappana.. which is condemened by Guru ji..

some people stand on one foot while doing paath.. that is also condemened by Guru ji..

along with fasts.. etc.. same catagory

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

Guru Gobind singh jis son, mkhalsa. m514 have said it all ji

jus want to add my 2centz.

my biji(grand mum)...she never left any news paper whic had Gurmukhi on it be on the floor.

i have seen her wth my own eyues..when i wa slil. she used to pic every BIT..LIL BIT which had Gurmukhi(punjabi as well) to be on trhe floor. many times, even htough she was sooo old then ..and couldn;t walk fast or bend down for things..but she never let Gurmukhi word be disrespected. she always used to pic that peace of paper up, mathaa take, say "waheguru, bhul chuk muaff" and keep it in hand till she got home and burn it(agni bhennt)

i my self used to wonder why she did that, but all the people in the village respected her soo much, everyone knew my bibji was teh one who did most of teh path(not braging here...jus saying that she was a gurmukh..im nuffin liek her..im lucky that i have lived with her in my childhood).

the point is...once i asked her biji why u pic up those bits of papers in dirt?

with her sweet smile and voice she said "papu, respect, the letters are form Gurbani, our Guru sahib ji wrote them, we should respect them as much as we can, never let them be in teh feet of others" she said so much i forgot, but from her actions i remebered never to let any Gurbani writen be on the floor.

plsu when we start to read bani,nam simran, we realize these things.

im not saying that sikhforlife veer ji that u dont read Gurbani, but right now u are young and these things taht our respected elders have realized, we will understadn them when we get at that level...right now we all will make hasty asguments and so

o on, get tuks from gurbani...but seriously think bout it.

singh veers have posted a lot, adn have said teh tuk i was thinking bout..

"Gurbani Guru,Guru ha banni..."

that should be enough

but here is something that came in my mind

when i read this:

"you can take watever meaning u want out of it...

but heres what i see:

paper.. pen and whatever is written on it will one day be destroyed/ended/vanished/recycled.. but knowledge cant be.. you have to take that knowledge and write it in ur heart.. or "apnaaa laney chahidee hai" and that is the utmost love you can show to your Guru

and another thing ;;; what is paper made from?

wood.. or remains of wood.. or recylced paper.. who knows maybe that tree was growing in the filthiest places on earth?

and the gurbani was written on that paper.. does that disrespect the Gurbani.. no rite?

i dont understand why Gurbani which is above all the filth in the world be even be affected by this filth.. it just cant be! its meaning doesnt change..! and my love for it doesnt change either!!! why do we think gurbani is so weak that us morrakhs need to defend it from people who dont know anything about sikhi.......... or will use the newspaper in a wrong way?

We respect our knowledge Guru.. and thats who we bow to... "

But our own Gur sahiban have given so much respect to Guru Granth sahib ji.

as one of our Gur sahibs jot, He put guru granth sahib ji on the mannji(the bed) and him self on floor.

im forgetting the sakhi:(

im a loser.

but we should look at the jeevanis of our Guru sahiban

and also veeray ji

u said soething bout "jap, tap" . Taking Guru sahib on ur head with out most respect, and not wearing shoes is nopt so called "JAP TAP"

OUR OWN GURUR SAHIB JI USED TO GET WATER FROM BIIAAS DAARIYA, FOR GURU PATHSAH TO TAKE BATH. it was seva

he used to go brear feet( i bet ya). and Guru sahib did that for many yr

s, and then was given the Gurgadi...

if u want me to write that whole sakhi i can but i have already written a lot ji:)

i hope u get the idea of what im tryin to say.

always remeber those who tellu things they can be wrong, no ones perfect but Guru sahib ji

read Gurbani, also know teh sakhis(history as well> of what our Guru sahib ji did in the life how they handled the situations. it helps more then anything. thoseare living examples for us.

Gumat schools are kool, but i know so many people who know so much cuz they went to gurmat schools, but since they haven;t practiced what they were told...the meaning of those things is never understood by them, but jus mere thinking. the way u are talkin right now..its jus mere thinking. thye are jus "WHAT IFZZZZ", and not the reality. when we put ur foot in something then wel know. once u find out more..and get into Gursikhi, then i know u will be talkin like mkhalsa and son of guru gobind singh ji(100% sure)

sorry all for long post again:( thanks for bearin wid my writing. its nigh, came form work, loads of thoughts came in mind after readin this... i know i will forget to write all this later on so thought why not do it inn hurry(in back my mums yellin"GO TO SLEEPPPP. U NEVER GET UP ON TIME, AND THEN U SAY KI MUM YELL BAHUT KARDAY" "get off net. ok tommrow im gona get ur net disconnected, computer hiiii bahhar suut daynaa")

lolzzzzz. thats my mum for u when she yells. she hates when i sit on net(takes much of time)...im a bad kid man:( :D :D

jus laugh at this ok.. tongue.gif

i bet ur mums do the same :D sometimes....lol